Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2012, 04:37 PM   #1
butterflygirl3
Mouseketeer

We got the Ariel room!!!!

I am sooooo doing the happy dance right about now!!!! We had our Disney trip booked for Allstar Music, and I was excited then. But today my friend called me to tell me that they opened the Art of Animation for the free dining promo!!!! I called the girl who booked for me and now our family is staying at the Ariel room of the Art of Animation Hotel!!!!!! I am sooooo excited!!!!
Old 04-11-2012, 04:51 PM   #2
tinkerpea
DIS Veteran

oh my god how exciting we ended up booking at SSR as they wasnt doing the free dining! ARGH now what to do lol

Me 28,DH 32,DS 10, DS"Twins"8
tinkerpea is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2012, 03:09 PM   #3
meggiebeth
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through...

Awww as far as I'm aware, in the UK we don't get value hotels with free dining

tinkerpea- you will LOVE SSR, it is a beautiful resort, absolutely wonderful! stayed there in august and fell in love with it

$5 A Day Means Disney MY Way! An October TR
~Our 18 day trip to Walt Disney World. Deluxe Dining Plan, Keys to the Kingdom Tour,
MNSSHP, Epcot Food & Wine Festival and MVMCP all in one trip!~

meggiebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:16 AM   #4
popcenturylover
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflygirl3 View Post
I am sooooo doing the happy dance right about now!!!! We had our Disney trip booked for Allstar Music, and I was excited then. But today my friend called me to tell me that they opened the Art of Animation for the free dining promo!!!! I called the girl who booked for me and now our family is staying at the Ariel room of the Art of Animation Hotel!!!!!! I am sooooo excited!!!!
Congrats! Just switched last week myself! Sooooooo excited!
popcenturylover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:51 AM   #5
Schmeck
Funny thing is now my 17 year old naps almost every day and so do I!

How much does it cost for one night in the Little Mermaid room? Is it the same as a Pop Century room?
Aug '05 - BC Aug '04 - PC, AKL
Oct '02 - AKL, POR May '99 - CBR
May '96 - CBR Dec '80 - offsite
Schmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:51 AM   #6
tigger_mommy
Bunny slippers should be mandatory in life!

My family got a Lion King Suite. Super excited about this. Had originally booked at Pop, but couldn't resist the temptation of the new resort for 3 of my kids first trip to Disney. We will be down so I figured a little extra for a family suite was worth it. Hope you enjoy the mermaid room!!!!

tigger_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:06 PM   #7
Pesky
"Who's the monkey?!"

That's great! I can't wait to hear your trip report about the room. I was recommending AoA to my sister for her family (sight unseen ) so would love to hear back how it was!

DH, the Disney doubter Me DD6 DS4
DLR Plan #2!: Coming soon to a DLR near you
WDW Plan: October 2016 (so very, very far away )
Pesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:18 PM   #8
tadamom
DIS Veteran

That's awesome! I tried to switch when the news came out but wouldn't work for us, since we are getting a preferred room at All-Star Movies, the price was too much of an increase for us.
June 2004 - Michael's 1st trip to Disney World -- Old Key West May 2007 - Parker's 1st trip to Disney World -- Pop Century & 4 nights @ SSR Grand Villa October 2009 - Saratoga Springs Resort with the whole fam! October 2010 - All Star Movies --1st family trip with just the 4 of us!!! Awesome!
September 2012 - All Star Sports w/the whole family! B'day trip for Michael!
[COLOR="Lime"]November 2013 - Coronado Springs! B'day trip for Parker![/COLORMarch 2014 - 1 night at Pop Century for SIL's Disney wedding!

tadamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:03 PM   #9
Schmeck
Funny thing is now my 17 year old naps almost every day and so do I!

I found the prices - it was tricky though, as I couldn't find them listed without playing around with reservations.

It seems the Pop Century and Little Mermaid rooms are priced around the same - about $5-$15 difference per night, depending on preferred room, etc. Other threads had stated that the Mermaid rooms were much more expensive?

Anyways, we'll be booking them sometime, in a few years anyways, hope they are as fun as they look online!
Aug '05 - BC Aug '04 - PC, AKL
Oct '02 - AKL, POR May '99 - CBR
May '96 - CBR Dec '80 - offsite
Schmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:32 PM   #10
sunlover13
No Chef boyardee here!

We switched our reservation from Pop to AoA, Little Mermaid room. It was $40 more total for 9 nights, end of Sept, early Oct.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:55 PM   #11
disneymomjcs
DIS Veteran

Wow thats a great deal, New Resort, New room New trip report, I'll need to read.
disneymomjcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:40 PM   #12
tinkerpea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by meggiebeth View Post
Awww as far as I'm aware, in the UK we don't get value hotels with free dining

tinkerpea- you will LOVE SSR, it is a beautiful resort, absolutely wonderful! stayed there in august and fell in love with it
I know but i have family in the states that would have joined us and so they would have booked it for us with the free dining,

Im pleased you liked SSR as im so terrified of hating it!! and my boys finding it boring
we are a family who actually loved POP everything about it from walking into the lobby ( i guess we dont get hotels like this lol) and the bright colours i totally felt like i was in DISNEY..... we stayed at AKL last time and i loved the place so did the boys and we would def go back again but the boys asked to go see the skittles at pop i have shown them many pics of SSR including the pools they look amazing! and the rooms do look lovely just worriedwe will miss that Disney vibe, I booked SSR as wayne (on the uk boards) found an amazing deal that ment the place was cheaper then pop at the time with the free DDP how could i turn a 2bed down???

Im sure im worrying about nothing its even more important to me as we have had a very hard yr i was diagnosed with a illness 6yrs ago, and im about to have my 3rd major head surgery at the end of this month, as what they took out came bk with in 6 months its ment the boys havehad to put up with me being very very sick and tired all the time and thry are very good about it ive ruined many plans because of last minute feeling rough etc so this is a SURPRISE TRIP as i will be recovered and hopefully much much better im only 26!!!!! so i hope i get my life bk lol

Anyways sorry to all for long post about my rambling didnt even realise how much id gone on lol i wouldnt change SSR now but was thinking of adding 2 days before hand as we fly out 7 nights before to do Universal and seaworld but i reckon we could do 2 pure resort AOA days, if the money allows xx

Me 28,DH 32,DS 10, DS"Twins"8
tinkerpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:41 PM   #13
DISNEYNV
Cats don't talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunlover13 View Post
We switched our reservation from Pop to AoA, Little Mermaid room. It was $40 more total for 9 nights, end of Sept, early Oct.
OMG!!!! We are going for the same time at the End of September! Booked at POP, but will definately switch if the price is only $40 more at AOA!!! Hope we can get two rooms! THANKS

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: