Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2013, 11:02 PM   #76
Rumors Rocks
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beer dave View Post
Interesting-- one of the main goals of a brewer is to produce a product with an aftertaste that makes you want to drink more. One of the greatest compliments I have ever received.

I would think this follows through for Disneys business plan-- give them just enough to make them come back....
And we do.
Rumors Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 03:43 PM   #77
DisFOR
iHEARTtheMOUSE

Hi. My dad and stepmom were at WDW last week, and they asked a CM at HS about the rumors. He/she said that they will have a Star Wars land, and Indiana Jones stunt show will be no longer. He/she also said we're getting Pixar Land, and will no longer have the car stunt show and the back lot tour. So, according to the CM, those are the plans. I hope this is true, as I've heard the Cars land in DL is great. However, we're not big fans of Cars but do love pixar. HS does need something IMO. :0)
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2013, 03:52 PM   #78
mcd2745
You're only young once, but you have your whole life to be immature!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisFOR View Post
Hi. My dad and stepmom were at WDW last week, and they asked a CM at HS about the rumors. He/she said that they will have a Star Wars land, and Indiana Jones stunt show will be no longer. He/she also said we're getting Pixar Land, and will no longer have the car stunt show and the back lot tour. So, according to the CM, those are the plans. I hope this is true, as I've heard the Cars land in DL is great. However, we're not big fans of Cars but do love pixar. HS does need something IMO. :0)

While these CM rumors have to be taken with a gigantic grain of salt, that scenario make the most sense...which also means that it probably won't play out that way.
Old 10-01-2013, 03:59 PM   #79
DisFOR
iHEARTtheMOUSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcd2745 View Post

While these CM rumors have to be taken with a gigantic grain of salt, that scenario make the most sense...which also means that it probably won't play out that way.
I understand it's not official and that these things take time. However, I am a believer that there is truth to most rumors...and this is a believable one. Like you said, it makes sense, and I hope we hear something soon.
Old 10-02-2013, 03:05 AM   #80
Rumors Rocks
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Old 10-02-2013, 08:13 AM   #81
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:13 PM   #82
DanBoris
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisFOR View Post
I understand it's not official and that these things take time. However, I am a believer that there is truth to most rumors...and this is a believable one. Like you said, it makes sense, and I hope we hear something soon.
Supposedly the situation with DHS improvements has been very fluid for some time now. Cars land was almost a done deal at one point, but now is taking a back seat to Star Wars. So everything said in this, and other rumors was probably true at one point in time, but that doesn't mean it's true today or will be true tomorrow.
DanBoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:44 PM   #83
OnSpaceshipEarth
DIS Veteran

I think lockedoutlogic made quite a few good arguments as to *why* Disney won't bring Cars Land to DHS. The most persuasive one is that the Orlando weather is not suitable for it.
OnSpaceshipEarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:19 PM   #84
MonorailCentral
Dreamer

It has pretty much seemed like this would be the case for a while. I like the idea of keeping Cars Land a unique DL thing, and adding to the list of things that are different between WDW and DL.
MonorailCentral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:13 PM   #85
ToyStoryManiac
Earning My Ears

you guys are right, CL SHOULD b a DL exclusive. If they brought it to WDW, people might not go to DL anymore. Where as I am sad, Star Wars sounds exciting!!
Trips: WDW 2004-Beach Club 2005-Animal Kingdom Lodge; Wilderness Lodge; Yacht Club 2006-Contemporary; Wilderness Lodge; Beach Club 2007-Wilderness Lodge; Beach Club 2008-Wilderness Lodge; Beach Club 2010-Polynesian; Beach Club 2012-Saratoga Springs; Beach Club
ToyStoryManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 12:50 AM   #86
Rumors Rocks
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnSpaceshipEarth View Post
I think lockedoutlogic made quite a few good arguments as to *why* Disney won't bring Cars Land to DHS. The most persuasive one is that the Orlando weather is not suitable for it.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:33 AM   #87
PEC
DIS Veteran

If DHS does not want a Carsland I believe they could do some stuff based on Monster's Inc/Univ that should work well. This would expand Pixar Land.
PEC is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: