Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Southern California Theme Parks
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2013, 07:14 PM   #1
steves1bear
Mouseketeer

Sea World - Dine all day?

I just noticed you can purchase a dine all day pass from Sea World's website. Has anyone used it before? Was it worth the price? We haven't been to Sea World in several years and I don't remember anything about prices for food. We'll be eating breakfast at our hotel and would probably be doing more counter/quick service kinds of places.

We are a family of 6 - 2 adults, 4 kids ages 10, 7, 4, 1. I figure the 1 year old won't count and the 10 year old is my picky nuggets only kind of eater.

Thoughts?
steves1bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:57 AM   #2
Huff
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by steves1bear View Post
I just noticed you can purchase a dine all day pass from Sea World's website. Has anyone used it before? Thoughts?
We thought it was well worth it if park is open late and you plan on staying all day and stay for the night shows. We ate breakfast there as well. You can go through the counter service lines as often as you like. Each time through you can get an entree, desert and drink. In between meals we would grab bottled waters or sodas without a full meal which is allowed.

It really depends on how much your family eats to get your monies worth. We had annual passes which saved on buying the dining plan. Using it to get drinks throughout the day increased our savings.

If you don't get the dining plan, then get a few of the lower priced refillable mugs. Then each refill is about $1.25 rather than $3-$4 each drink.
2007 POP
2008 POP
2010 POP
2011 POP
2012 POP
2014 POP
Huff is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-27-2013, 08:16 AM   #3
tzeitel
Toadi Acceleratio Semper Absurda

We did it once and to us (3 of us, DD was 9 at the time) it was not worth it. We did make the most of it but felt like we were eating the whole day and then were stuffed I did like being able to just get a soda (my addiction) anytime I wanted. While we are pretty big eaters on a normal basis I find that while in theme parks we do not eat very much.

You can check the menus on the SW site, some places are not included in the plan so double check that the ones you would like to try are included.
tzeitel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:49 AM   #4
Disneylovers2000
DIS Veteran

I think it really depends on how long you will be there. We went a few years ago on a tour from Anaheim. We didn't get there until 10:30 and left again at 5:00. Because we were there in July, it was VERY busy and the line ups for food were crazy. We would have spent far more time in line waiting for food rather than seeing the sights and shows. As it were, we stopped once for lunch - which took a lot longer than we wanted and stopped at the frozen lemonade stands a few times for refills of our Sea World cups. Oh, and we bought the kids a pretzel at one of the stands as well to tide them over until we got back to Anaheim. Just too many things to do there and not enough time. If you are able to get there at opening and leave at closing - summer hours - then it may be worth it but be prepared to spend a lot of your time in line ups
Disneylovers2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:29 AM   #5
monkeyman200
Earning My Ears

To the PP, were you there on a Grayline tour? My family is considering that excursion, but nowhere could I find out the actual arrival and departure times for the SeaWorld portion of the trip.
monkeyman200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:36 AM   #6
bjscheel
I voted for tigers!
Pork Baby of 1976

I was just looking at this too. It looks like only 4 restaurants are included and the snack carts are not? That doesn't sound as useful- I don't want to pay $132 for our all day dining and then have the kids want something from a snack cart. The park doesn't open till 10 am, so we'll want a breakfast before then, so it would be lunch, supper, and snacks. The website doesn't show prices with the restaurant menus so I can't tell how much we would spend on a meal.
November 2009- CBR
June 2011- POR
June 2013- DisneyLand/San Diego
June 2014- CBR

DH Me DD15 DD12

For it is by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast. (Ephesians 2: 8-9)
bjscheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:49 PM   #7
endy
DIS Veteran

We've done the all day dining a few times in the last few summers. For us I think it's a great deal. However we've been to SW many times and usually have silver passes so these days are more about the food. My teenaged son likely drinks enough milk to pay for the dining.
Average meal price is 10-15 add in a drink 3, dessert 4. Do this twice and you've covered the pass. Add in a couple more drinks and a dish of strawberries and you're ahead of the game.

If you're at SW all day and want to eat a lot then I think it's a good deal.
endy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: