Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK DVC Discussion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2013, 02:00 AM   #1
Samaya
DIS Veteran

Another webcast which Members outside of North America cannot access. Now on Youtube.

Yet another webcast which DVC Members outside of the USA and Canada cannot access.

DISNEY VACATION CLUB is currently promoting a BEHIND THE GRAND DESIGN webcast event being screened during August on the 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th.

The webcast will be hosted by Samantha Brown and will be showing a behind-the-scenes look at The Villas Disneys Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

Americans and Canadians whether Members or not can register via http://www.disneyvacationclubwebevent.com/ and all viewers will receive a limited edition Disney character lithograph.

If you click on the REGISTER NOW link there is a very short pre-webcast video to watch.

It's a shame the webcast is not open for world-wide viewing with maybe only those in the USA and Canada receiving the lithograph.

Also am I correct in thinking that we seem to always miss out, can anyone remember if there's every been a time when Members received a special offer but was limited to those living outside of the USA and Canada?

Last edited by Samaya; 08-13-2013 at 06:17 AM.
Samaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:13 AM   #2
Revtel
Mouseketeer

It's probably because, for all it's slick packaging, this is basically just a sales pitch for timeshare, and therefore legally only applies in the US and Canada.

Would be nice to see though
Revtel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-25-2013, 07:40 AM   #3
Minniesgal
DIS Veteran

Are you sure it is only for the USA I signed up for it with no problems. I also signed up for the one on AKV last year.
Minniesgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:50 PM   #4
Samaya
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniesgal View Post
Are you sure it is only for the USA I signed up for it with no problems. I also signed up for the one on AKV last year.

USA and Canada.
Did you use your UK address and did you receive the limited-edition Disney lithograph for the last webcast?

But I suppose you could sign up by inputting one of the DVC resorts addresses as your own address or use a friends?
Old 07-25-2013, 04:34 PM   #5
RDP
DIS Veteran

having a problem accessing the web page for the new spa at SSR also. Disney really should consider its international audience.
1999-Swan, 2001- Grand Floridian, 2002-Yacht & Beach Club, 2003- Animal Kingdom Lodge,2004- Grand Floridian&Disney Cruise,2006- Off site, 2008- Dolphin, 2009-AKV Kidani, 2010-Saratoga Springs ,2011-AKV Kidani ,2012 - Port Orleans, DCL-Dream & Beach Club, 2013 - AKV Kidani

RDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:01 PM   #6
Minniesgal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaya View Post

USA and Canada.
Did you use your UK address and did you receive the limited-edition Disney lithograph for the last webcast?

But I suppose you could sign up by inputting one of the DVC resorts addresses as your own address or use a friends?
I used my UK address
Old 08-01-2013, 11:22 AM   #7
crabbie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniesgal View Post

I used my UK address
Iv tried but asks for country you live in? Gives usa or canada as options. How did you answer that? I have used my DBM address as she lives in south carolina.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 08-13-2013, 06:05 AM   #8
Samaya
DIS Veteran

Just found a Youtube link for the 14-minute webcast 'Behind the Grand Design', check it out at...........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NXHN0PIUJE
Old 08-15-2013, 07:29 PM   #9
crabbie1
DIS Veteran

I dont understand why disney excludes us Brits of any special happenings etc. we pay like anyone else does and if you are a dvc member we should be treated the same as a US or Canadian member. Doesn't seem fair to me
Old 08-17-2013, 08:10 PM   #10
Minniesgal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbie1 View Post

Iv tried but asks for country you live in? Gives usa or canada as options. How did you answer that? I have used my DBM address as she lives in south carolina.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
I booked it under my UK address but left USA as country it worked fine.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:13 AM   #11
Disneymad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbie1 View Post
I dont understand why disney excludes us Brits of any special happenings etc. we pay like anyone else does and if you are a dvc member we should be treated the same as a US or Canadian member. Doesn't seem fair to me
Because it's essentially a timeshare pitch and thus there are different laws in different countries protecting consumers and it's a legal minefield for them.

Obviously it's not because they have anything personal against other nationalities, that would be silly
Disneymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:38 PM   #12
hunty
Mouseketeer

I was able to register, and then attend today's session on the Grand Floridian

I live in Cheshire, didn't have any problems
hunty is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: