Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2013, 10:08 AM   #61
disney david
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistysue View Post

That is so sad!
When we were turned away at Pinocchio and sent to CHH last month that is pretty much how it went, but the manager came out and confirmed that we had to order from the allergy menu... only DS has multiple allergens so none of the items overlapped. My son isn't picky and has been known to tell the chefs "whatever you can make me" when they ask what he wants. So it's not like we asked for anything they didn't have. He goes for plain meat, steamed veggies, white rice, etc.

For the future, dinner at BOG is table service, and for us was handled like a normal table service. I have only head similar, so if anybody hears differently I am interested. They came out and made something "off menu" with what they had. I can't believe they wouldn't do the macaroni without the cheese, that is so crazy. I believe you, sometimes customer service people just make no sense when you ask for something simple. You know they have non-allergy kids ordering it without the cheese every 5 minutes anyways.
It sad in so many ways because that is the easiest thing to do is not put cheese on something. Then not get a manager these new policy is not to ever take away your chance to talk to a chef or a manager. In theory their supposed to make it easier for you with these menus. but it seems Disney forgot one big part of that the fact guest can have more then one allergy and more then one top 8 allergies.

When you went to the first restaurant it should of been we will go to chh and get the safe chicken tenders but it will take longer. That the right thing to do not just turn you a way. I know you had bad experiences and hope you wrote Disney and hope they make it right.

No matter where you are either qs,table service attraction or retail they should never deny you your request to speak to a manager. That what Disney pays them for to be their and make sure the guest are happy. Their a couple of things that a cm should never take it upon them selves to decide if you need to speak to someone is a request to speak to a manager or security or if you need medical help those are the three basic things that a response of yes I will call them please wait here for them to show. If a lead shows up then you at least get some one higher then a cm then if your not happy ask them to call the manager.

The sad thing is they most likely or the chef dose not like special orders. So to keep everyone from ordering no cheese they stop people who really need no cheese from enjoying a nice meal. Most chefs don't like changing things on their menu and disney makes then but I guess when they can get a way with it they will. It not every chef but most are a little wacky and they make the menus and they think everyone will love not the way they make it.

Bring back Walter on the podcast we miss him
CHIP AND DALE ARE A LIST CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
disney david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:22 AM   #62
wendow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney david View Post
It sad in so many ways because that is the easiest thing to do is not put cheese on something.
Exactly! I actually was excited when I saw that menu item cause I thought, "this will be so simple, just have the cheese left off" and my ds loves spaghetti so this is just a win-win. I wouldn't call him picky but meatloaf and braised pork are a bit outside of his realm of what he'll eat. So I was floored they couldn't simply leave off the cheese. However, I did not make a stink. Just not my style

Now that we are home, I will be calling to share my experience. We pay OOP for our food because the DDP isn't a good value for us. Eating a CS meal there is much more affordable than a TS. So, it'd be nice if lunch could be an option.

me , dh , dd14 , dd11 , ds5 , ds3
wendow is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-22-2013, 10:25 AM   #63
jodifla

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking Hands View Post
I have always enjoyed CHH and there are things I can eat. I avoid fried foods at Disney on their advice. My allergy is ingestion and no airborne so I cannot see any reason not to eat there. What this is going to do is cause people to be less honest about their allergies so they can eat where they want.
I have to say that the CS restaurants were great with my allergies of dairy, shellfish, mango and aspartame. If what I wanted was not safe they suggested alternative that were. If FF came with the meal they gladly substituted carrots, apple slices or grapes. I had to avoid sugar free items including sodas because of the aspartame but I have to do that anyplace.
Exactly. If your doctor says its safe to eat at a place that serves shellfish, who is WDW to override that?

We go to Cape Cod every year, and my son has no problem eating in all the shellfish laden restaurants. We just make sure to tell them about it, and they suggest the alternatives. We've found the very best restaurants cook the shellfish separately from the fries and the chicken -- otherwise everything tastes the same.

Are they going to try to ban people with shellfish allergies from every restaurant that serves shellfish? Every buffett?
jodifla is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: