Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Yesterday, 09:08 AM   #1276
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Tale as old as time, con't.

Continued from previous

My first (and possibly only) time seeing the castle lit up for the holidays!

It was a quick peek. We had missed a very important FP earlier. One that I had missed twice already on the trip, due to it being down. Can you guess what it was?

Yeah...didn't take many pictures. Just enjoyed the ride!

If I had to wait until the end of the trip, riding BTMRR in the dark, with all the holiday lights on...well it doesn't get much better than that.

And then the walk out...

Pretty!!!!!!!!!

Time for a photopass!

With that it was time to say goodbye to the Magic Kingdom. Tomorrow was our last full day and it was a "whatever the boys wanted" morning (Jeff would be flying). MK was not on the list since we had been there tonight. We didn't expect to be back.

In fact, at that time, I truly had no idea when we'd be back...at least anyone other than just me! I would be back in May. I knew, of course the rest of would, it just wasn't on the schedule yet. At the boys ages though, the clock is ticking on just how many times we can get back before college given other things in their lives and I knew as I stood there, for Evan at least...there was probably only one more trip possible in his high school years.

SNIFF!

Up next, operation Grandma and Cruise plans! (yes, we are going!!! and yes, I've made all kind of changes!)

Last edited by eandesmom; Yesterday at 11:11 AM.
eandesmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:49 AM   #1277
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Hooray for that CM and getting into dinner!!! Love all the pictures, the details are awesome. How wonderful you had such a great meal

I will not be telling my vegetarian mom that French onion soup is made with beef, she would be appalled! That's one of her favorite things.

Double hooray for the cruise!!!!!!!

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old Yesterday, 09:56 AM   #1278
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
However before I could say a thing to plead our case, he was overridden by a clearly more senior CM who told him it was fine and to check us in.

WHEW!
Whew is right. I'm glad that they worked you in.

Quote:
As it was night, we watched the snow swirl in the dark
I love the effects of that window. We watched Beauty and the Beast with the kids last night, actually, and I was sitting there just thinking about BOG and how impressive the detail is in comparison to the movie.

Quote:
I will be honest. It was a pricey meal, even with TIW. A lot of that of course was our choice of wine. It really, REALLY was worth every penny. It was such an amazing family dinner for us, incredibly special. Crankiness was gone, the boys enjoying being with just us, and vice versa. Great food, great service, great ambiance and great moods. It really was magical all around.
You're really making me regret not grabbing an ADR now... Oh well, I know we'll enjoy lunch there. We'll get there for dinner eventually. Likely when the kids are older and will appreciate the food a little more.

Quote:
I will say, I don't know that I'd like eating near it, so many folks trying to take pictures.
I've thought the same thing! I mean, I want to walk around that restaurant and check out all the detail, but I feel like I'm being rude to the people sitting there trying to enjoy their meal.

Quote:
Guess who I rode with?
Is this considered to be a moment of bravery or a moment of stupidity?

Quote:
Wow! It looks like you're going faster than 7 mph in this one!

Quote:
My first (and possibly only) time seeing the castle lit up for the holidays!
It is a beautiful sight. I certainly hope it isn't your last time!

Quote:
In fact, at that time, I truly had no idea when we'd be back...at least anyone other than just me! I would be back in May. I knew, of course the rest of would, it just wasn't on the schedule yet. At the boys ages though, the clock is ticking on just how many times we can get back before college given other things in their lives and I knew as I stood there, for Evan at least...there was probably only one more trip possible in his high school years.

SNIFF!
Well, that's kind of a downer. I hope that despite the added activities coming up over the next several years for the boys, you can still manage to find a way to get a few more trips in.

Quote:
Up next, operation Grandma and Cruise plans! (yes, we are going!!! and yes, I've made all kind of changes!)
Changes are to be expected, given the circumstances, but I'm glad you're at least going to get to make the trip!
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:01 AM   #1279
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

What a great meal and evening at the MK. I love the icicle lights on the Castle. It's sad that the boys are growing up and there won't be many more chances for visits. Sniff.

Can't wait to hear about your cruise plans.

Jill in CO
Old Yesterday, 10:10 AM   #1280
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Although I didn't officially register my guess, I knew you would get in. I am also the perpetrator of a late ADR arrival that ended well.

So glad you enjoyed the meal and the atmosphere at BOG.

Yeah for Space!

It has been forever since we have done the cars, too. I'm ok with that.

Big Thunder Big Thunder at Night

I love the photopass pictures with castle and Christmas sweaters!

Got a little teary with your mention about the ever-decreasing window of opportunities to travel with the boys. Hits a little close to home.

That being said... that your couples cruise is still on!!!

Can't wait to read about the details!
natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:54 AM   #1281
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Whew! Glad that they let ya'll in Be Our Guest! Isn't the restaurant's theming amazing? It sounds like the food was really good too. I know that our lunch there was a good use of our counter service credits.

The pictures of you guys in front of the castle are fantastic!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:18 PM   #1282
KatMark
DIS Veteran

First, let me say I'm so glad the trip is on. Mark and I are willing to meet you anywhere you say on Friday night since that is your only available night (we have AP's...so we can pop into any park, etc.).

I am so happy that you enjoyed Be Our Guest. I read so many bad reviews of it, but yet we have had 3 very good meals there.

I love the pictures of you and Jeff with the Beast, and the photopass pics of all of you are just priceless. You can see how happy you all are to be together. What a special last night at the MK!
Old Yesterday, 02:22 PM   #1283
elphie101
Left my heart in Tomorrowland

I'm glad you had such a lovely time at Be Our Guest! So many people give it a mediocre to just plain bad review that it makes me nervous. We'll be trying it on the Disneymoon - actually it'll be our first reservation as a married couple

I'm glad you had such a lovely final evening in MK. As much as I like to rave about Halloween time vs Christmas time at WDW, those dream lights really are a sight to behold.

I can't WAIT to hear the latest cruise news!

DF Me
WDW: '91, '92, '94, '01, '06 (offsite)* 7/11 Pop* 8/11 AS Music* 9/11 AS Sports* 12/11 CBR* 6/12 Pop* (TR Here!) 11/12 AS Movies* 1/13 Pop* 9/13 Pop* 5/14 Pop* 10/14 BCV*
DL: '03 (day)* 4/13 Fairfield Inn Anaheim* DCL: 10/14 Fantasy Eastern Caribbean*

Star Command, over and out!*Hellllllooooooo Humans!*It's a great big BEAUTIFUL tomorrow!

Current TR: "That's not supposed to be HERE!" A Disneyland TR!***Our DFTW Planning Journal
elphie101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:28 PM   #1284
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Oh no, i'm so sorry to hear about your dad. He must have fallen really hard to cause that much damage.

Congratulations on a new niece to love on!

Treehouse Recovery!

I really like the E's 'sweater' shirts. Those are so cool and hip!

Do they hand you Lumiere when you walk in?? Is this only for dinner? I don't remember them doing this for lunch. I lucked out and scored us a pretty early dinner ADR here for our January trip, so i'm super excited! And you're right. The west wing is so incredibly dark. That's where we ate back in October because there was hardly anyone in that dining room..now I know why

Love the photopass shots!

Your last paragraph makes me sad. I know one day, when we're done having kids, that those types of family trips will be done. I know i'm just getting started, but i'm really going to dread when that time comes. Until then, i'll continue to enjoy the time I do have with my little family

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:07 PM   #1285
MEK
DIS Veteran

I'm so glad your cruise is still on. I knew it would work out! YAY!

Adorable PP pictures and great pictures of you and Jeff with the Beast. Denny and I never posed with the Beast. I wish we had, but ...*sigh*

Glad you got seated without incident.

I am sure you hated to see your family go, but there was probably a whole new sense of .....not sure what the word is I'm looking for .....calmness maybe. Like one big collective sigh of relief because it was time for immediate family time. Nice! What a great pic for a meal.

Yay for Space and BTMMR and nice castle pics! Love it!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:05 AM   #1286
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

I'm glad Be Our Guest was a big hit. (And that they let you in!) We'll definitely have to try that one when we go back.

Nice holiday photopass pictures.

It looked like a really enjoyable night!
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:41 PM   #1287
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Sounds like a wonderful family meal. Very pleased to hear the cruise is on.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: