Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2014, 07:59 AM   #46
supernova
Between genius and insanity

I realize it's rather random and the field is quite wide, but if anyone has a certain character they'd like to see a signed picture of, let me know and I can see if I have an autograph to post here. I don't have Walt, but I do have his daughter who recently passed. My collection is fairly varied, althoug I don't have many of the older now-deceased people (missed so many of the classic voices from the older Disney films!).
Old 02-05-2014, 12:58 PM   #47
ThBa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernova View Post
I get the addresses in a couple of ways. First, I'm a member of a general autograph collectors' website and there are tons of addresses on there that I've been successful with. The pictures I've started posting here are only a small sampling of the literally hundreds of Disney-related autographs, which is only one portion of my collection.

The other way is to check online for the addresses. I've been lucky to find people online without using the paid autograph site. So those are readily available with a little poking around.
Which website do you mean ?

Link ?

Register to remove

Old 02-09-2014, 12:53 PM   #48
supernova

I'm a member of startiger.com, which is an awesome site for information. There are plenty of free sites out there, like fanmail.biz but it hasn't been as reliable. Plus, for some of the lesser-known names out there, nothing wrong with doing a little research and finding mailing addresses the old fashion way :thumbs:
Old 02-21-2014, 07:01 PM   #49
supernova

Perfect timing, with the re-release of The Jungle Book on DVD... Leo DeLyon signed this photo of "Flunky".
Old 02-21-2014, 07:03 PM   #50
supernova

Along with my voice actor collection, I also started a collection of signatures based on attractions. Here is one I received yesterday from Anjelica Huston, who kindly signed my Captain EO photo.
Old 02-23-2014, 12:44 PM   #51
MikeAnthony
Earning My Ears

I use to. I have a collection of about 50 autographs.
MikeAnthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 04:45 PM   #52
supernova

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeAnthony View Post
I use to. I have a collection of about 50 autographs.
Anyone in particular? I'd love to know who you have (had).
Old 03-27-2014, 03:16 PM   #53
Shellron2004
Earning My Ears

Disney Voice Autographs

Hi,

I have about 1250 individual Disney voice autographs. I try to complete all major and minor character voices from each feature film. My earliest complete film is of Pinocchio. I have most of Snow White but am missing 2 of the dwarfs. The toughest autographs for me to find have been those of children who have voiced characters.

I use reputable dealers who are UACC members to buy autographs of deceased "voices." For those living "voices" I use IMDBPro. Contact information is there for the persons agency and management team in many instances.

The least complete films I have are Dumbo and 101 Dalmations - lots of minor characters. I am sending out a batch of 30 autograph requests today. Wish me luck.

Ron

PS It has taken me 8 years to find the 1250 autographs.
Shellron2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 06:21 AM   #54
supernova

Awesome story, Ron! Thanks for sharing. One thing I haven't started yet was purchasing autographs, though I fully realize it's the only way I would be able to get a ton of the people that I would love to include in my collection. Actually, that's a lie. I did purchase two autographs of Geraldine Page so that I could frame them with Medusa photos (my favorite villain). Otherwise, I've never counted my photos yet, and I do not have any full sets, so I definitely envy you.

I didn't join IMDB Pro, but I use other sites to help track down people. Sometimes it has been odd sites that have led me to names and addresses. I'm still working on my Legends collection, but I'm also (slowly) making my way through the living actors to build up each movie!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: