Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2013, 08:49 PM   #16
LoveToTravel2001
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnToOz View Post
I was wondering does the Park Hours & Calendars (extra magic hours) come out 180 days from visit? If so how do people plan restaurant bookings that also can be booked 180 days out.

For example if a certain park opens early (magic hours) do you book a character breakfast for the magic hour morning or a regular morning opening? How about dinner? What is logistically better?

I understand that if you can get magic hours you should plan on going to that park that day.

Out of curiosity is there better magic hours for certain parks in the evening or morning?
You should have no problem with knowing park hours by your 180 mark.

We never schedule a meal during morning EMH. Those are days we do a quick snack en route to the bus. We may schedule a dinner at the end of park hours leading into EMH. Then we stay for a little bit of evening EMH.

EMH - we love mornings and maximize morning EMH. But, we are all early risers normally. We grab a snack and get to the rope drop, blast through the 'big' rides. Then we do a few other rides. After that - it depends on our mood.
We don't tend to do a lot of evening EMH. DD 11, is NOT a night owl. Generally by 9:30, she's done. If she has some energy on evening EMH days, we will do it for a bit but that's generally HS or Epcot, both of which close 'early' to begin with.

We Always have Hoppers which affords us the flexibility.
Good luck and have fun.
WDW - CBR 5/14 The Summit
LoveToTravel2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:28 AM   #17
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandajune View Post
Another question to add to this- I just called reservations and the CM told me that on April 30,2013 when we will be at MK that it will be open at 8 with EMH at 7am- so I booked my character breakfast for 10:00am - now I'm looking more and I don't see anywhere about EMH for that day- do they sometimes change EMH or add some and not update their site? My reservations/plans for that morning may have just been ruined!!!
The CM must have looked at March 30 rather than April 30 because on March 30 MK does open at 8am with EMH at 7am, but on April 30 MK opens at 9am with no EMH. It doesn't make sense for MK to open at 8am when it's not a peak crowd time (and late April is definitely not peak crowds), and it definitely wouldn't have a 7am EMH when it's not a peak crowd time. You better check your ADR to make sure it's for April 30 and not March 30.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-19-2013, 12:00 PM   #18
LoveToTravel2001
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandajune View Post
Another question to add to this- I just called reservations and the CM told me that on April 30,2013 when we will be at MK that it will be open at 8 with EMH at 7am- so I booked my character breakfast for 10:00am - now I'm looking more and I don't see anywhere about EMH for that day- do they sometimes change EMH or add some and not update their site? My reservations/plans for that morning may have just been ruined!!!
I do know that the weekend of April 27-29 will be busy. That is the weekend of Cheerleading Worlds. We were there two weeks ago for All Star Cheer Nationals and they did change park hours at the last minute because of crowds. That being said, I wouldn't count on the hours changing.
WDW - CBR 5/14 The Summit
LoveToTravel2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:52 PM   #19
amandajune
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToTravel2001 View Post

I do know that the weekend of April 27-29 will be busy. That is the weekend of Cheerleading Worlds. We were there two weeks ago for All Star Cheer Nationals and they did change park hours at the last minute because of crowds. That being said, I wouldn't count on the hours changing.
Thanks!!
amandajune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:53 PM   #20
amandajune
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post

The CM must have looked at March 30 rather than April 30 because on March 30 MK does open at 8am with EMH at 7am, but on April 30 MK opens at 9am with no EMH. It doesn't make sense for MK to open at 8am when it's not a peak crowd time (and late April is definitely not peak crowds), and it definitely wouldn't have a 7am EMH when it's not a peak crowd time. You better check your ADR to make sure it's for April 30 and not March 30.
Thank you!!
amandajune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:08 PM   #21
serene56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkmommy12 View Post
New here!! We are going the last week in March for first time. Crazy, I know, but it's the only date that worked for us. Is magic kingdom really open until 1am? If so, I will have my kids take a later nap and get up and go back about 8 or 9.
We were at rope drop. toured fast and furious until lunch time (about 12:30) then left and went swimming, took a nap and came back to the park about 5:30
we were able to hang until about 1am when the GD got really tired
Old 04-06-2013, 09:25 PM   #22
Goofy127
Earning My Ears

Where do you find the information on the EMH and the times? We are going August 5th thru the 10th. When would magic kingdom have evening EMH?
Disney All Star Movies, September 2007
Disney Port Orleans French Quarter, August 2013
Goofy127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:27 PM   #23
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy127 View Post
Where do you find the information on the EMH and the times? We are going August 5th thru the 10th. When would magic kingdom have evening EMH?
http://media.disneywebcontent.com/St...lendar_aug.pdf

I would also highly recommend checking out easywdw.com for which park to visit each day.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:17 PM   #24
Goofy127
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
http://media.disneywebcontent.com/St...lendar_aug.pdf

I would also highly recommend checking out easywdw.com for which park to visit each day.
I guess we are going to miss evening EMH at Magic Kingdom by one day. UGH!
Disney All Star Movies, September 2007
Disney Port Orleans French Quarter, August 2013
Goofy127 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: