Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2014, 07:05 AM   #211
dsneygirl
My little pirate is here
The mixed drinks always tasted yummy to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cottager View Post
I agree that in the past it was never an issue, but more and more of us are feeling the pressure and buying the Early Bird Check-In as a type of insurance policy. Everyone I know buys it now. The increase in purchases seems to be forcing the 24 hour check-in people further towards the back of the plane. If you're fortunate enough to be able to access the internet from work exactly at the 24 hour mark before your departure date and able to pause your vacation 24 hours before you leave Disney, then you should be fine. Sadly, I've been delayed in checking in twice at the 24 hour mark and had to politely ask people if they would consider switching seats at the back of the plane so we could sit with our kids. We actually paid the extra fee on our last minute trip recently and still ended up towards the back of the plane. Although....the wife thought the situation was worsened by the large number of family boardings and those needing assistance on that flight.
Our last flight was in Dec and we had no issues . I'd rather do the checkin and save $100. But every person has a different comfort level. With 2 kids and 2 adults we only need 2 and 2 so 4 together isn't that big of a deal.
FW 1980, 1984, 1988, DxL 1992, Canada Pavillon CM July 1997-July 1998, (Met DH at the BeaverTails shack) Off site Feb 1999 Engaged at Cindy's Sept 2000, DL GC Feb 2001, POFQ Sept 2001, Poly June 2002, Off site March 2003, FW Hallowe'en 2003, GF Xmas 2003, DisneyLand Oct 2004, FW May 2005 Joined DVC June 2005 SSR Oct 2005, OKW Dec 2005, DLH Mar 2006,DS's 1st Trip BCV & CBR Oct 2006, VWL & POR Dec 2006, BCV & POR May 2007, BWV & ASM Aug 2007, SSR Oct 2007 VWL Dec 2007, AKL/VWL Sept 2008, March 2009 Pop/BCV, Disney Wonder and AKV/BCV May 2009, AKL/VWL Sept 2009, OKW Dec 2009,Mar 2010 Disney Wonder and BLT, May 2010 AKL, Aug 2010 VWL/BCV,Dec 2010 AKL, Feb 2011 Disney Dream/VWL, May 2011 BLT, Sept 2011 VGC, Oct 2011 SSR, Aulani June 2012, BCV/VWL Sept 2012, AKV/BLT Sept 2013, Dec 2013 VWL/DisneyDream, Nov 2014 VGC
(me)(DH)(DS 7) (DS 2)

dsneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 10:05 PM   #212
pigletto
DIS Veteran

We always get the EBCI simply because I hate flying, and feel more comfortable on an aisle and nearer to the front of the plane. It's comforting for me to sit with my family. I wouldn't die if I couldn't but I'd be a lot more tense without them to chat with and distract me. So for that reason alone, the EBCI has always been worth it.
I was disappointed today… when I went to book the Jetblue prices for our dates were very reasonable, in fact, better than I had seen for long time. But there is a very slim chance dh might have trouble with one of his vacation days and if we need to pick another week, we would have paid fees to change flights with Jetblue. Southwest got my money (more than Jetblue actually) for that reason alone. So for 4 people, non stops from Dec 13th to 23rd out of Buffalo we paid apprx $1100. One leg of one flight was booked with points.

ETA) and I just checked again.. leg we booked to MCO this morning at $156 is already up to $240
Register to remove

Old 05-22-2014, 10:30 AM   #213
Reese
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
We always get the EBCI simply because I hate flying, and feel more comfortable on an aisle and nearer to the front of the plane. It's comforting for me to sit with my family. I wouldn't die if I couldn't but I'd be a lot more tense without them to chat with and distract me. So for that reason alone, the EBCI has always been worth it.
I was disappointed today… when I went to book the Jetblue prices for our dates were very reasonable, in fact, better than I had seen for long time. But there is a very slim chance dh might have trouble with one of his vacation days and if we need to pick another week, we would have paid fees to change flights with Jetblue. Southwest got my money (more than Jetblue actually) for that reason alone. So for 4 people, non stops from Dec 13th to 23rd out of Buffalo we paid apprx $1100. One leg of one flight was booked with points.

ETA) and I just checked again.. leg we booked to MCO this morning at $156 is already up to $240
I couldn't believe the fluctuations with southwest flights over the last 48 hrs. We are travelling the same days and as I was trying to book our flights the prices were rising by the time I got to the checkout. Today I looked and the flight I originally wanted was lower so I phoned and changed it to that one and saved a little more money, even though yesterday it was way more. I was able to book our first leg at $104 (5% group discount) and it is up to $240
today.
Sept 08 POP Free Dining, Dec 08 Grand gathering at POP,Jan 09 Rolling Hills,March 09 Rolling Hills,May 09 ASMu and Emerald Isle,June 09 Just DH and I,July 09 ASMu Mother/Daughter trip,Sept 09 ASMu Free dining,May 10 ASMo & Star WarsSept 10 ASmo Free dining, Nov 10 Rolling Hills,May 11 Pop, Jan 12 MK and Dreamworks cruise,Sept 12Free Dining AoA family reunion,Nov 12 ASMu Mom/Daughter trip,Christmas Day surprise,April 13 ASMu Mother/Daughter trip,May 13 Star Wars ASSp,
Reese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 06:04 AM   #214
Cdn Mickey
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdn Mickey View Post
Patiently waiting for September 5/6 to 12/13 flights from Toronto, for 12
Last time we grabbed $355 per person, hoping for $400 Max
Fingers crossed
West Jet has a Blue Tag Thursday 4th of July deal until 2pm MT today!
30% off flights,
We grabbed $356, $371 & $387 per family - round trip out of Toronto.

Sucks it went up $15 each time but still under $400.
If you book above flights not using the "Blue Tag" deal it rings in at $489 per person.

Thank God I checked web page in the evening, or I would have missed it.
Now just need the days to tick down!!
Cdn Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 10:45 AM   #215
Donald - my hero
Aww yes. The dreaded "mouse hand"
Rescues lime green Mickey head paint chips from Home Depot

Gotta put my 2 cents in here ... we had tons of Airmiles in our account so ... cost was only the taxes Also had enough to cover the rental car for 2 weeks, 2 two-day Park to Park tickets to Universal (hubby is a HP geek) AND hotel the night we arrive (flight gets in a midnight).

Have done the trek to Buffalo before to catch Southwest but don't feel comfy enough leaving the car in a parking lot for the 2 weeks this time since it is new! So catching the local airport shuttle and leaving it in the driveway!!

Hope everyone has a great holiday!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post52016805
Donald - my hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 02:33 PM   #216
monaleigh70
Mouseketeer

DH and I paid 616.00 for 2 nonstop return fares from Buffalo to MCO on Southwest from Nov 14-21, 2014. That's a really great price considering other airlines from YYZ were upwards of 980.00! And you still have to pay a baggage fee on top of that. I also had a SW credit of 230.00 which brought the price down considerably, too.

Depending on flight times we will drive there the night before and stay in a hotel that offers room and parking with shuttle to airport and back for less than 100.00. We have never had a problem with parking our vehicle there, well, maybe finding it, when there is a snowfall! If we are on a cruise then it's always the night before.
monaleigh70 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: