Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2014, 05:37 PM   #271
mrsabbott
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chs27 View Post
Great update, Mrs. Abbott. Nothing fazed you. I would be a nervous wreck dealing with the pull up meltdown. You just go to the chocolate store. One child was a lot for me. You're my hero.
LOL! Thanks! I work with children (not my own) on a daily basis and I laughingly call our house "the Madhouse" because there is always some kind of craziness going on around here! I'm used to dealing with one crisis or another!

March/April 2014 Best Trip Ever Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ight=mrsabbott

mrsabbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 06:13 PM   #272
mrsabbott
DIS Veteran

Trip Report Part 12: Wet n' Wild Waterpark

We got to sleep in a little bit on Thursday morning since Wet n' Wild didn't open until 10am. We had to stop at my beloved Super Target and pick up some more sunscreen since we were out. A thing of sunscreen doesn't last very long with 6 of us! If we lived in Florida, we would probably have to buy it by the case full! The kids and I are pretty fair skinned!

I was finally going out in public in a bathing suit! I haven't done that in too many years to count! The kids were super excited about the waterpark! I don't know that they have ever been to one before..

We got there with a few minutes to spare and we were able to get a shaded table right in front, near the wave pool.

Our initial plan was to grab a shaded spot by the splash park area, but it was closed! Still, we had a good, easy to find spot as our home base. I will be honest, I was nervous about us splitting up and one of the kids getting lost or something! At first, I was dead set on us staying together, but that wasn't quite feasible. Still, the girls did good with sticking together and/or coming to check in often with us and telling us where they would be.

It also occurred to me after we arrived that I didn't bring towels. Hubs went and paid an arm and a leg for a thin, generic beach towel that said "Florida" on it. We all sunscreened up real good before checking out the waterpark!

Anyhoo, we hit the wave pool area first. I liked that they had life jackets readily available for the younger kids! I didn't have any floaties or anything for Buds! Mom of the year, remember?

Buds did great with sticking with us at all times. No running off for him, thank goodness! He loved the pool when there were no waves, but when the waves started he'd say, "Don't want it!" and we would have to leave! Eventually, he got to where he would be in the very shallow end and let the waves hit it legs, but that was it. The girls absolutely adored the wave pool! We had to beg them to get out to try some water slides!

There was one area that had slides that Buds could ride on. He went on one and was very stoic about it. We tried one other and it was the same thing.. he didn't cry, but didn't want to go on it again. The girls really enjoyed them though, especially when they realized they could ride without us!

Hubs and I switched off with Buds a few times and I took Boo on one of the larger waterslides, which she thought was super fun! Lines had picked up around noon, so the wait was longer. There was a great view up top of Cabana Bay, which I think looks so cool!

Around 1pm, they opened up the splash park and we headed over there. Buds didn't like it when water fell on your head or splashed in your face (which is so odd because he pours water over his head in the bathtub all the time.. go figure.) but he liked the wading area. Boo liked the splash park though.

Pod had found a friend and they rode a few slides together (I chatted with the girl's mom.. they were vacationing from PA!) while Hubs took Punky over to try one of the BIG slides!

This is so funny! If you go up a set of stairs it branches off to a couple of different slide options. There was one that shot straight down, which Punky said she wanted to do. You get into some container thingy and cross your legs and arms and they just pull a lever and you drop. Hubs kept saying, "We can go back, you don't have to do this one.." but she was determined! She went first and, not wanting to be shown up by his 9 year old daughter, Hubs did it too! Punky LOVED it but Hubs HATED it!! LOL! He said he closed his eyes and tensed up but Punky said she had her eyes opened and thought it was awesome!

We brought snacks with us and didn't buy anything there other then the towel. At 2pm, we headed back home because we wanted to shower before dinner.

(Pod's face cracks me up.. I have no idea what she was doing in this picture!)

March/April 2014 Best Trip Ever Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ight=mrsabbott

mrsabbott is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-16-2014, 11:56 AM   #273
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Great waterpark write-up!

We've done Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon and Aquatica, but have yet to visit Wet & Wild. Its on our to-do list for a future trip . My guys are ride junkies but I'd be spending my day lounging in that wave pool.

Looks like you had perfectly sunny waterpark weather on the day of your visit!

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! PTR in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: