Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2014, 12:56 PM   #1801
Praise2Him
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1pixiemom View Post
8 days till we are in Disney visiting my son who is working in AK..... I am a big time planner my son is not so much lol.... I have no idea what to expect as far as tickets go..

How do the passes he gets to use for family and friends work?
He gets 6 days and can get 3 people in per day (must be all at the same time)

Does he need to be with us when we use them (he will have to work some of the time)
Yes, he must go with you to the gate to get you in, but he doesn't have to stay with you.

are they park hoppers?
Yes

Do they somehow link them to the magic bands so we can schedule FP?
No, unfortunately they don't at this time. You will have to get your Fastpasses when you get to the park.

Thanks for the help
My answers in red - hope that helps!

Rodney Lisa Kenton Tiffany Kevin Leighton Jayden
Praise2Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 01:53 PM   #1802
MERMAIDchar
Mouseketeer

Hello All!

I just have a quick question hopefully someone can help me on please...

I was wondering, since there is not a lot of info out there...for the Disney PI's, is it totally necessary you have a car? Are the apartments close to your working location where you could possibly walk/ride a bike? Also, if walking or biking is not an option, is there a city bus that one could take?

Thank You So Much as this would help me immensely!
Have a Magical Day!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2014, 02:01 PM   #1803
1pixiemom
Long Time DIS Board user

Quote:
Originally Posted by MERMAIDchar View Post
Hello All!

I just have a quick question hopefully someone can help me on please...

I was wondering, since there is not a lot of info out there...for the Disney PI's, is it totally necessary you have a car? Are the apartments close to your working location where you could possibly walk/ride a bike? Also, if walking or biking is not an option, is there a city bus that one could take?

Thank You So Much as this would help me immensely!
Have a Magical Day!
They have a bus for cast members but my son said it takes way to long so he drives to work every day!!! not sure about PI's

Last edited by 1pixiemom; 03-08-2014 at 03:21 PM.
1pixiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 02:06 PM   #1804
1pixiemom
Long Time DIS Board user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praise2Him View Post
Thank you Praise2Him..... one last question, how does the park hopping work, will he need to be with us when we do that? He has to work most of the time we are there but is trying to switch shifts.... I dont want him doing anything to jeopardize his chances to extend so I told him not to worry about the fact that he has to work while we are there, that we would just visit with him every day after his shifts...
1pixiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 02:14 PM   #1805
MERMAIDchar
Mouseketeer

Quote:
They have a bus for cast members but my son said it takes way to long so he drives to work every day!!!
They have a bus for the Professional Interns? I thought they only had a bus for the College Program people?

Oh and Thank You for the quick reply earlier!
Old 03-08-2014, 02:52 PM   #1806
Praise2Him
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you Praise2Him..... one last question, how does the park hopping work, will he need to be with us when we do that? He has to work most of the time we are there but is trying to switch shifts.... I dont want him doing anything to jeopardize his chances to extend so I told him not to worry about the fact that he has to work while we are there, that we would just visit with him every day after his shifts...
No, once he gets you into the first park, you're good to go, and can park hop on your own.

Rodney Lisa Kenton Tiffany Kevin Leighton Jayden
Praise2Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 03:07 PM   #1807
mobish
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MERMAIDchar View Post
They have a bus for the Professional Interns? I thought they only had a bus for the College Program people?

Oh and Thank You for the quick reply earlier!
My daughter is a PI. Housing is not guaranteed and if you get your offer late it is usually filled. PIs must have their own transportation, the bus system is for CPs only. Falcon Square (PI complex) is northwest of MK and in my opinion in a bit of a remote area. Many PIs get together and rent a 3 or 4 bedroom apartment and have their own room for the same amount of money as sharing a room in the Disney housing. Most apartment complexes offer 7 month leases. In either case you must have your own transportation.
Good luck; its a great experience!
mobish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 02:55 PM   #1808
MERMAIDchar
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobish View Post
My daughter is a PI. Housing is not guaranteed and if you get your offer late it is usually filled. PIs must have their own transportation, the bus system is for CPs only. Falcon Square (PI complex) is northwest of MK and in my opinion in a bit of a remote area. Many PIs get together and rent a 3 or 4 bedroom apartment and have their own room for the same amount of money as sharing a room in the Disney housing. Most apartment complexes offer 7 month leases. In either case you must have your own transportation.
Good luck; its a great experience!
Thank You SO Much for the reply and details!
I hope your daughter is having a Magical Time doing her PI.
Old 03-10-2014, 07:53 AM   #1809
Goofy4WDW1964
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thanks for posting about the tickets that the interns can get. This is probably going to sound like a stupid question, but I am asking this because someone told me this.

As you indicated, an intern can get 3 people into the park and all three have to enter, with him/her, at the same time. Does it have to be 3? Can he/she just do 1 or 2?

Again, this didn't seem right to me that has to be 3 but someone told me this was how it works.
Goofy4WDW1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 08:26 AM   #1810
mobish
Mouseketeer

It doesn't have to be three but you lose the ones not used. They don't carry over to another day so 1, 2 or 3 guests are the same, that day's pass is finished.
mobish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 08:31 AM   #1811
Goofy4WDW1964
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobish View Post
It doesn't have to be three but you lose the ones not used. They don't carry over to another day so 1, 2 or 3 guests are the same, that day's pass is finished.
Thank you for the info. This is probably what they were thinking of, or trying to convey to me. This makes more sense.
Goofy4WDW1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 05:16 PM   #1812
lacy1101
DIS Veteran

Hello everyone! My daughter just got accepted today and I have a couple of questions. First, she was offered Quick Service Food and Beverage. Can she request an alternate position or does she have to accept what's offered? Secondly, she was actually prepared to decline the offer if she was accepted since she will just be a college sophomore in the fall and thought maybe it would be better if she waited until her junior or senior year. Of course, now that she has actually been accepted, she is so excited and isn't sure what to do. Does anyone here have any thoughts on which is better-earlier or later in your college career? Thanks and congrats to all those here who have been accepted and good luck to all those who are waiting to hear...

Oct. ‘94 Caribbean Beach * Oct. ‘99 All-Star Music * Oct. ’02 All-Star Movies * Oct. ‘05 Pop Century * March ‘08 NSBA Conf. w/DH (2 days off property) * August '08 Pop Century * October ‘09 All-Star Sports * November '10 Caribbean Beach; * Sept. '11 Pop Century * November '11 Wilderness Lodge * November '12 POFQ * October '13 AKV Jambo House 25th Anniversary Trip * November '13 Coronado Springs
lacy1101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 06:14 PM   #1813
chinarider
DIS Veteran

I think they need to accept what is offered but, I am just guessing. My daughter was offered QS as well and accepted. Not sure when we find out where she will be working or if they will be rotating her. Not sure if she declines position if that alters the possibility of her being accepted again or not? I'm curious to find out if they get information on who their roommates are going to be before they arrive so that they can reach out and speak with them before arriving. Also, my daughter is set to arrive on Aug 4th so, I'm not sure if all her roommates would be arriving the same day or if she would be going into a room where everyone was already settled from the summer session?

chinarider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 06:53 PM   #1814
carol-lamb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacy1101 View Post
Hello everyone! My daughter just got accepted today and I have a couple of questions. First, she was offered Quick Service Food and Beverage. Can she request an alternate position or does she have to accept what's offered? Secondly, she was actually prepared to decline the offer if she was accepted since she will just be a college sophomore in the fall and thought maybe it would be better if she waited until her junior or senior year. Of course, now that she has actually been accepted, she is so excited and isn't sure what to do. Does anyone here have any thoughts on which is better-earlier or later in your college career? Thanks and congrats to all those here who have been accepted and good luck to all those who are waiting to hear...
My daughter was in the Spring '13 college program and worked at Kilimanjaro Safaris at AK. She extended twice and her program ended on January 3rd. She went seasonal at the end of her program.

You have to accept the position that was offered to you. There is not an alternate position. As far as when to do the program, I don't think there is a right or wrong time to do it. My daughter was midway through her junior year when her program began. She had two really good friends that she met at safaris and one was a freshman and the other was a sophomore. With my daughter staying a year, she is a little behind in school. She should be graduating this Spring, but she won't graduate until December. She will also need to take online classes this Summer while she is back working at Disney World.
Spring '86, Summer '89, Spring '92, Summer '97, Summer '98, Summer '01, Spring '03, Summer '04, Summer '05, Christmas '05, Summer '06, Christmas '06, Summer '07, Christmas '07, Summer '08, Christmas '08, Winter '09, Summer '09, Fall '09, Christmas '09, Easter '10, May '10, Summer '10, Fall '10, Christmas '10, Spring '11, Summer '11, Fall '11, Christmas '11, March '12, Summer '12, Fall '12, Christmas '12, January '13, March '13, April '13, June '13, Disneyland August '13, January '14, March '14
carol-lamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:55 AM   #1815
hightown
I feel need for speed--Rockin' Roller Coaster

Just wanted to do an update.... My daughter got ACCEPTED yesterday for fall in transportation!!!!! We're beyond excited. We had settled in for a long wait after she got her pending email last week.

If anyone's kid had that role would appreciate hearing about their experiences. Only question that comes to mind right now is what sort of shoes?

Now we just have to wait 5 months!

18 TRIPS BETWEEN 11/99 AND 06/08. Have stayed at: POFQx3, POR, WLx2, BWI, YCx2, AKLx3, POLY, CBR, CSR, POPx2, SSR, Dolphinx2, HARD ROCKx2, Royal Pacific

DISNEY WONDER 5/12/05: WWTBAM MILLION POINT WINNER #97 CRUISE
hightown is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: