Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2014, 12:10 PM   #2281
wilkeliza
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by reesecup

Thank you both! We don't mind paying for the extra cost if she doesn't get a discount and she said she thought that may be what it meant. So, that is good news. I know Sat. will be the busiest for the party but it's our only option so that our son can go who is in college in Sarasota. Also, good news about them being able to get in the parks whenever for the most part! The only other thing, is we are going down Dec. 5/6. I really wanted to see the Christmas parade being taped but I think that is usually a black out date as well for MK. Does anyone know that for sure? And if anyone has ever been to it, is it worth it?

I may just splurge for the AP's for my son, husband and myself if she still gets in pretty much all the time. Sure wish our son got a discount for being a student in Florida.

Thanks again for the information. I always know I can find out by coming here!!
Your son can get a Florida resident annual pass as long as he changed a bank account mailing address to Florida or has mail from his school.

Christmas parade is not worth it at all. It is crowded and you stand around for hours watching the same thing over and over. Plus you daughter will have to sign you guys up for it because the good spots are mostly filled with CMs who volunteered because they will tell you what to wear. The year my friends and I did it we wore green Christmas sweaters and it was still like 80 outside.

Last edited by wilkeliza; 09-10-2014 at 12:18 PM.
wilkeliza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 01:25 PM   #2282
reesecup
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkeliza View Post
Your son can get a Florida resident annual pass as long as he changed a bank account mailing address to Florida or has mail from his school.

Christmas parade is not worth it at all. It is crowded and you stand around for hours watching the same thing over and over. Plus you daughter will have to sign you guys up for it because the good spots are mostly filled with CMs who volunteered because they will tell you what to wear. The year my friends and I did it we wore green Christmas sweaters and it was still like 80 outside.
Thanks so much! His banking account was set up here and he has a job on campus and does direct deposit but he does have a mailbox at school. I hope that counts. I'll get him to ask about it!

And about the parade, that makes me feel better. We will just skip that then and head to the other parks that will hopefully be less crowded. I did think it would be fun though to say we were there when they taped.
reesecup is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-10-2014, 01:41 PM   #2283
wilkeliza
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks so much! His banking account was set up here and he has a job on campus and does direct deposit but he does have a mailbox at school. I hope that counts. I'll get him to ask about it!

And about the parade, that makes me feel better. We will just skip that then and head to the other parks that will hopefully be less crowded. I did think it would be fun though to say we were there when they taped.
Yeah if he gets mail to his campus bank account he should be fine. Even if he gets laud by direct deposit he should get a pay stub that has his fl address on it. I would call disney ticketing because they can tell you exactly what to bring but I know a lot of FL college kids who have residence pass but never changed their drivers license.
Old 09-10-2014, 02:32 PM   #2284
Traveliz
DIS Veteran

Here is the requirements to get the FL annual pass price from the website. I will say they want something exactly listed so a paystuf will not work; nor will just any addressed mail. I use the IL driver's license and my FL checking account statement.

Liz

Proof of Florida Residency

For each ticket purchased for an adult you may provide any of the following: Florida driver's license, Florida state-issued ID card (must have a Florida address, Florida based military id.

If you do not have one of the identifications indicated above, then for each ticket purchased for an adult you must provide one of the following dated within the last 2 months evidencing a Florida residential address together with a corresponding picture ID (passport, driver's license, state-issued identification card): monthly mortgage statement; Florida vehicle registration or title; homeowner's insurance policy or bill; automobile insurance policy or bill; utility bill; mail from a financial institution, including checking, savings, or investment account statement; or mail from a Federal, State, County or City government agency.
Traveliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 06:27 PM   #2285
dcp1234
Earning My Ears

Anyone know if the DCP students get a discount on tix to MVMCP? Trying to get info out of my daughter is like pulling teeth?
dcp1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 06:34 PM   #2286
wilkeliza
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcp1234
Anyone know if the DCP students get a discount on tix to MVMCP? Trying to get info out of my daughter is like pulling teeth?
They will but for the pre-thanksgiving days only and they must be bought from a Company D store before hand.
Old 09-12-2014, 03:22 PM   #2287
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We went in for a Christmas day parade taping and we had a blast! Yes, it is the better part of a day and yes it will be the same thing multiple times but we had a lot of fun. I say if you can afford the day, Go For It!! It was VERY COOL to be able to say we had done a very Merry Christmas Day taping in the Magic Kingdom!!
stitchlovestink is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: