Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-05-2014, 07:27 PM   #421
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,262

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Were they doing something special with the sword when she was little? How cool is that!



Years ago they had a show with Merlin/Sword and the Stone. Chloe was picked to pull the sword out. Wasn't she a cutie! She got a really cool scroll from Merlin too. I still have it. Now they do the Jedi Training Academy.
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 04:14 PM   #422
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase
 
dolphingirl47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 27,828

I loved all the photos. This is getting me really excited for our upcoming holiday trip. Thanks for sharing.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-22-2014, 05:26 PM   #423
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,262

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I loved all the photos. This is getting me really excited for our upcoming holiday trip. Thanks for sharing.

Corinna



Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed it. Will you be in Disneyland this winter?
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 03:38 AM   #424
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase
 
dolphingirl47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 27,828

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed it. Will you be in Disneyland this winter?
Yes, we will have three nights and two days at Disneyland on the way to Aulani and some time coming back from Aulani. How long we are staying after Aulani depends on if my waitlist comes through for VGC. If it does, we are staying another 4 nights. If it does not and we have to branch out to a good neighbour hotel, we may extend the stay slightly.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 12:29 PM   #425
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran
 
franandaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Long Beach, CA, VWL, BCV, SSR & VGC
Posts: 22,959

I missed the grand finale of this TR while in the internet void of my road trip. I think you did the right thing with the candy cane. Its so special it needs to be preserved. At least you got to

Quote:
The FNSV closed after the first weekend of January 2014 during the peak season.
Did it officially close? That would be very sad.
__________________
Alison ~~~~ A Haunting, plundering, and Fiesta Caliente | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!


franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 12:38 PM   #426
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,262

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
Yes, we will have three nights and two days at Disneyland on the way to Aulani and some time coming back from Aulani. How long we are staying after Aulani depends on if my waitlist comes through for VGC. If it does, we are staying another 4 nights. If it does not and we have to branch out to a good neighbour hotel, we may extend the stay slightly.

Corinna
What dates? We'll be there too in December. Hoping your wait list comes through.




Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I missed the grand finale of this TR while in the internet void of my road trip. I think you did the right thing with the candy cane. Its so special it needs to be preserved. At least you got to



Did it officially close? That would be very sad.


I think it's officially closed. It's a piece of my childhood.


Thank you for supporting me on my need to preserve my candy cane. Michael was just asking me about it and why we haven't eaten it. Amateur!
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 05:09 PM   #427
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase
 
dolphingirl47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 27,828

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
What dates? We'll be there too in December. Hoping your wait list comes through.
We are going in November: November 10th to 13th and November 23rd to ?. I just found out that we are getting a bonus next week so I may use this to splurge on the Disneyland Hotel for the first three nights.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 05:47 PM   #428
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran
 
franandaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Long Beach, CA, VWL, BCV, SSR & VGC
Posts: 22,959

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I think it's officially closed. It's a piece of my childhood.


Thank you for supporting me on my need to preserve my candy cane. Michael was just asking me about it and why we haven't eaten it. Amateur!
I even told Fran about this and she is with you too. She said buy them the equivalent weight in candy canes from the 99 cent store. I mean you can eat candy from anywhere but this is a special candy cane.
__________________
Alison ~~~~ A Haunting, plundering, and Fiesta Caliente | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!


franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 10:24 AM   #429
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,262

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
We are going in November: November 10th to 13th and November 23rd to ?. I just found out that we are getting a bonus next week so I may use this to splurge on the Disneyland Hotel for the first three nights.

Corinna

Is Hawaii in between the 13th and 23rd? Thats going to be a heck of a vacation!

Love the DLH. What are you wait listing?



Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I even told Fran about this and she is with you too. She said buy them the equivalent weight in candy canes from the 99 cent store. I mean you can eat candy from anywhere but this is a special candy cane.


I know, right? And not to change the subject but you go the green light for the Baja cruise? How awesome is that?


My crew doesn't even love candy canes. They just like to torment me.
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 03:29 PM   #430
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase
 
dolphingirl47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 27,828

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Is Hawaii in between the 13th and 23rd? Thats going to be a heck of a vacation!

Love the DLH. What are you wait listing?
Yes, we will be at Aulani from November 13th to 23rd. I figure you turn only 40 once. I will celebrate my birthday on the second day there. I have waitlisted a studio at VGC for November 23rd to 27th.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 08:01 PM   #431
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,262

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
Yes, we will be at Aulani from November 13th to 23rd. I figure you turn only 40 once. I will celebrate my birthday on the second day there. I have waitlisted a studio at VGC for November 23rd to 27th.

Corinna

What a fabulous way to ring in a milestone birthday! What day is Thanksgiving? Could you also wait list a one bedroom in case the Studio doesn't come through or do a split stay?
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 04:00 AM   #432
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase
 
dolphingirl47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 27,828

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
What a fabulous way to ring in a milestone birthday! What day is Thanksgiving? Could you also wait list a one bedroom in case the Studio doesn't come through or do a split stay?
Thanksgiving is on the 27th. My points won't stretch far enough for a one bedroom. I don't want to borrow many points as I will need my full allocation in 2015. Aulani is eating up quite a few points. My banked points have been used for this so if the waitlist does not come through before my banking window closes, I will just cancel the waitlist, bank the points and make alternative arrangements.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 12:02 PM   #433
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,262

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
Thanksgiving is on the 27th. My points won't stretch far enough for a one bedroom. I don't want to borrow many points as I will need my full allocation in 2015. Aulani is eating up quite a few points. My banked points have been used for this so if the waitlist does not come through before my banking window closes, I will just cancel the waitlist, bank the points and make alternative arrangements.

Corinna



I hear on the points not stretching. Good you have a plan B for your banked points. Hoping your wait list comes through. Any word?
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 01:35 PM   #434
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase
 
dolphingirl47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 27,828

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I hear on the points not stretching. Good you have a plan B for your banked points. Hoping your wait list comes through. Any word?
Nothing yet, but I have until July 31st before I need to make the decision.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 12:46 PM   #435
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,262

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
Nothing yet, but I have until July 31st before I need to make the decision.

Corinna

You've still got 2 months. I have a feeling you'll get lucky at 30 days. I think that's when folks have to cancel before losing points.
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: