Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2014, 01:09 PM   #1651
hckymominMI
Earning My Ears

I hate using bar hand soap so we always bring a bottle of SoftSoap with us.
Old 08-22-2014, 02:18 PM   #1652
JandD75
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritsim View Post
Not sure if this was on here.....can't remember everything as it's a loooooooong list! But I was told to take some Disney stickers with me if some one spills on their shirt put a sticker over it, and just keep going.
YES!!!! Especially since I'll be the one who spills! Best tip ever and SO funny!!!
JandD75 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-22-2014, 04:30 PM   #1653
quakechicago
ADR-making addict!

Electrical tape. It's small, fits in any bag, makes you a fixit genius, and can cover whatever glaring led light that I inevitably get stuck sleeping across from, beside, or under.

I also use an app on our iphones for a sound machine instead of lugging one.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 08-22-2014, 04:37 PM   #1654
djmeredith
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by quakechicago View Post
Electrical tape. It's small, fits in any bag, makes you a fixit genius, and can cover whatever glaring led light that I inevitably get stuck sleeping across from, beside, or under.
Great idea! I am very sensitive to light when I sleep and all those LED lights drive me crazy. Never thought of electrical tape, thanks for the tip!
Old 08-22-2014, 04:59 PM   #1655
StLDisFan
Earning My Ears

My priorities may be a bit out there, but no day really starts without coffee for me. Unfortunately I am a coffee snob and the previous Nes-crap they served at WDW was intolerable. I can make do with Starbucks (really don't prefer it or the price); I might give Joffrey's a try though.

Call me sad and pathetic but I have packed a coffee "survival box" for the last 3 trips complete with: electric kettle, Chemex, filters, ground coffee and my favorite Disney mug. I'd love to bring the grinder for a truly fresh cup each morning, but I wouldn't want to wake the neighbors. Hahah

Don't know what I will do if ever start flying down there... Upgrade to a moderate perhaps?

StLDisFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 05:22 PM   #1656
quakechicago
ADR-making addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StLDisFan View Post
My priorities may be a bit out there, but no day really starts without coffee for me. Unfortunately I am a coffee snob and the previous Nes-crap they served at WDW was intolerable. I can make do with Starbucks (really don't prefer it or the price); I might give Joffrey's a try though. Call me sad and pathetic but I have packed a coffee "survival box" for the last 3 trips complete with: electric kettle, Chemex, filters, ground coffee and my favorite Disney mug. I'd love to bring the grinder for a truly fresh cup each morning, but I wouldn't want to wake the neighbors. Hahah Don't know what I will do if ever start flying down there... Upgrade to a moderate perhaps?
I feel your pain. I do. We travel frequently and I bought an aeropress. Easy to carry, not expensive, and I premake my coffee in baggies per day. The filters are a small slip of paper. I don't bring it always, but enough. If you're bringing ground coffee anyway, it's heaven cup by cup!

I've adapted to Peets keurig at home since I had my kiddo (survival lol), but if I have my druthers and any time, good coffee has me like a moth to a flame.

Also, I hate Starbucks (burned metal yuck!), but Downtown they have clovers! You could muddle through with a Kona by them (or sweet talk a barista to try your own beans vs theirs in a "taste test"!).

Old 08-22-2014, 05:58 PM   #1657
amwildwood
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I feel your pain. I do. We travel frequently and I bought an aeropress. Easy to carry, not expensive, and I premake my coffee in baggies per day. The filters are a small slip of paper. I don't bring it always, but enough. If you're bringing ground coffee anyway, it's heaven cup by cup! I've adapted to Peets keurig at home since I had my kiddo (survival lol), but if I have my druthers and any time, good coffee has me like a moth to a flame. Also, I hate Starbucks (burned metal yuck!), but Downtown they have clovers! You could muddle through with a Kona by them (or sweet talk a barista to try your own beans vs theirs in a "taste test"!). Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Get a travel hand grinder for coffee. Harbio makes one I think. I'm tempted to get one for making French press or pour over on the road. Or even French press at home. My grinder is set for my espresso machine and it takes too many guesses to reset it.

I'm sad I gave my aero press to my brother.

Old 08-22-2014, 06:45 PM   #1658
StLDisFan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I feel your pain. I do. We travel frequently and I bought an aeropress. Easy to carry, not expensive, and I premake my coffee in baggies per day. The filters are a small slip of paper. I don't bring it always, but enough. If you're bringing ground coffee anyway, it's heaven cup by cup!

I've adapted to Peets keurig at home since I had my kiddo (survival lol), but if I have my druthers and any time, good coffee has me like a moth to a flame.

Also, I hate Starbucks (burned metal yuck!), but Downtown they have clovers! You could muddle through with a Kona by them (or sweet talk a barista to try your own beans vs theirs in a "taste test"!).

Love hearing from a fellow coffee fan! I have never had to consolidate during my travels but that is a great suggestion. Always looking for new toys to add to my kitchen coffee shop!

And I really want to hit up DTD for a couple of reasons next week, that Starbucks is one of them. But this is a short trip and I think I am scared away by all the construction comments I've seen lately.

Old 08-22-2014, 06:57 PM   #1659
StLDisFan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by amwildwood View Post
Get a travel hand grinder for coffee. Harbio makes one I think. I'm tempted to get one for making French press or pour over on the road. Or even French press at home. My grinder is set for my espresso machine and it takes too many guesses to reset it.

I'm sad I gave my aero press to my brother.

Why in the WORLD didn't I think about this?!? Geesh I'm a dummy! hahah I guess I am making a trip to the store before I leave...

ALSO: I see that you are also from St. Loius If you are actually from Wildwood, that is crazy sauce! I used to live out there with the family before I moved into the city.

Old 08-22-2014, 08:41 PM   #1660
quakechicago
ADR-making addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmeredith View Post
Great idea! I am very sensitive to light when I sleep and all those LED lights drive me crazy. Never thought of electrical tape, thanks for the tip!
Happy to help!

Our last trip to the Dells the room seemed GREAT! No windows! At all! Got the kiddo to sleep, DH was snoring away (his superpower is he can sleep anywhere), and I laid down, got comfortable and FLASH!

Every 47 seconds FLASH! I was like did that happen? FLASH! Is it a migraine coming on? FLASH! The whole room lit up. FLASH! A camera?

Stupid smoke detector right over my head!

Old Yesterday, 01:07 PM   #1661
fairy oma
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegEliz View Post
I love to wear flip flops in the parks (call me crazy but I just can't do socks and shoes) But sometimes they can break (for me it's usually the strap by your toes) So I'm planning on bringing bread bag ties for our upcoming trip. If my shoe breaks in the park and I'm in a jam, I just slip the tie onto the strap on the underside of my shoe. It holds in place for quite a while and saves me having to buy new ones!
Paper clips work even better for broken flipflops and fit more snugly against the bottom of your shoe.
fairy oma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:21 PM   #1662
fairy oma
Earning My Ears

Smile

I always pack a power strip (so many things to charge at the end of the day and not enough outlets in the rooms).

Johnstons Foot Soak for those days when your dogs are barking from walking...a 20 minute soak does wonders.

Immodium, pain relievers, Bonamine (motion sickness).

Our new favorite is a solar powered battery charger; you can clip it to your backpack or the stroller and recharge those cell phones when you need to.

A Target $3 sweater closet organizer. These are great on the clothes rack in moderates and value resorts...clothes stay neat and organized. I usually place each day's matching shirt and shorts/capris together and stack them accordingly in the cubes. You don't have to think in the morning...just grab and go.
Old Yesterday, 04:24 PM   #1663
MrsHeg
DIS Veteran

This may have been added already, but I like to bring air freshener, (especially for the bathroom)
Old Yesterday, 04:41 PM   #1664
fairy oma
Earning My Ears

Nightlights with motion detectors for the bathroom so the everyone can softly see where they are going...and they automatically turn themselves off after a short period of time. We don't travel without them.

They can be found at Wal-mart, Home Depot or Lowe's.
Old Today, 01:41 PM   #1665
indyannamom
Earning My Ears

A foaming hand soap dispenser. The kids can't do bar soap without taking forever and making a huge mess on the counter.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: