Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Yesterday, 06:46 AM   #2386
girlswithbows
Earning My Ears

Wow things are so different on the CP now from when I did it in the early 90's. Biggest problem at Vista Way back then was not catching syphillis in the hot tub and being able to make it to work after a night hanging out at Lucy Blues or Church Street Station. I would have been haunt if my parents would have been so vocal in my CP experience.
girlswithbows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:56 PM   #2387
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlswithbows
Wow things are so different on the CP now from when I did it in the early 90's. Biggest problem at Vista Way back then was not catching syphillis in the hot tub and being able to make it to work after a night hanging out at Lucy Blues or Church Street Station. I would have been haunt if my parents would have been so vocal in my CP experience.
My only involvement in my daughter's CP was when she got very ill a second time. I flew down to make sure she got quality medical care. The first time at Celebration hospital she was taken advantage of so to speak...the tests they ran (to potentially inflate the bill) were not the least bit consistent with her symptoms!
We went and got 2 opinions the next time to make sure she got healthy again!
I do agree that you need to give them some space and let them figure out things for themselves...but a good parent is there for support when the time is right!
stitchlovestink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old Yesterday, 03:56 PM   #2388
girlswithbows
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post
My only involvement in my daughter's CP was when she got very ill a second time. I flew down to make sure she got quality medical care. The first time at Celebration hospital she was taken advantage of so to speak...the tests they ran (to potentially inflate the bill) were not the least bit consistent with her symptoms!
We went and got 2 opinions the next time to make sure she got healthy again!
I do agree that you need to give them some space and let them figure out things for themselves...but a good parent is there for support when the time is right!
Oh I agree with you on that a 100 percent. I was really referring to all the different stories I have read about parents calling about roommate and job issues. When I was on CP we worked our own simple issues out. I would have never asked my mom to call because I had a roommate issue or problem at work. I also think the type of college of students on the CP from back then to now has totally changed. It was a huge deal to get selected and now it seems they let almost anyone in. I know a girl who was recently part of the program and this snow flake had issues with any roommate they gave her and the 3 different jobs she had during the 6 months. I couldn't believe the stories her dad would tell me or the many times he admitted to calling on her behalf.

Last edited by girlswithbows; Yesterday at 06:49 PM.
girlswithbows is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: