Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2013, 09:02 PM   #31
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieLovesMickey12 View Post
I always had read that patsy had taken JB to the doctor many many many times for recurrent yeast infections and all the symptoms that come with that. The theory given was that she takes too many bubble baths (as being the cause of the yeast infections)

At no point in my LIFE would I lawyer up if my daughter was first missing then found dead. I would do anything I could to cooperate with the authorities to help find her killer. If you have nothing to hide there is no reason not to help them. If you know you are innocent you don't lawyer up like that over your child's death unless they tell you right up front that you are a suspect.

I have also read handwriting analysis of the ransom letter as being attributed to Patsy.

I personally always thought the brother Burke did it and when they found her and realized he did it they concocted a whole kidnap/ransom thing to throw police off. THAT'S why they lawyered up so fast, IMO.

I also don't think it will ever be solved.
I agree. JonBenet went to the doctor 30 or 33 times in either 1 or 2 years for vaginitis which caused her to wet her bed. When asked for her records, the doctor said he would burn them first which I thought was an unusual reaction. The school would not cooperate with the police either. Seems like everyone was more interested in covering their backsides instead of trying to find out what/who caused JonBenet's death- very sad.
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:29 PM   #32
alex9179
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriarfoxinWA View Post
I wouldn't get a lawyer if my child was missing but I probably would have as soon as she was found. My DH was involved in law enforcement for over 20 years. We talked about another case last night and we both agreed that the first thing either of us would do is hire an attorney if we were questioned about anything.
This.

When someone dies under suspicious circumstances (to say the least, in this case) the first people who are under investigation, are close family. I would hire an attorney if I were innocent, just to protect what was left of my family.

As for the comments about her brother, Burke, his reactions seem pretty normal for a kid. My kids don't react like adults to bad news. They are really matter-of-fact about things that have me in tears. Then again, they can have really emotional reactions to things that are only a blip to me. Experience and maturity plays a large part.
alex9179 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-30-2013, 10:30 PM   #33
Coonhound
Mouseketeer

There's a couples great sites for Ramsey murder research. One is called forums for justice. The other is called websleuths.
Coonhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 11:28 AM   #34
richmond282
Trumpet players don't have egos, we're just better than you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieLovesMickey12 View Post
I personally always thought the brother Burke did it and when they found her and realized he did it they concocted a whole kidnap/ransom thing to throw police off. THAT'S why they lawyered up so fast, IMO.

I also don't think it will ever be solved.
Just a question. I haven't really followed this case in a lot of years so I don't remember details, but if Burke (or anyone in the family really) did this then where did it occur? I mean wouldn't a head wound like that bleed a heck of a lot? Did they ever find traces or blood anywhere else in the house? It seems unlikely that if Burke did it, it would have happened in that room in the basement. Also, was there any suggestion as to what weapon make the head wound? Baseball bat maybe?
richmond282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 11:36 AM   #35
Kristibo42
DIS Veteran

I still think the parents did it.

Next Trip Dec. 2013 Pop Century to celebrate 25 anniversary Adults only
All Star Sports family trip 25 people Feb 2011
Pop Century September. 2009
Pop Century Adults only 20 year anniversary Dec 2008
Pop Century Big family trip 42 people July 2007
Contemporary and All Star Music Dec. 2006
All Star Music June 2005
Port Orleans- Riverside and Disney Wonder Nov. 2002
6th grade trip To Magic Kingdom had my first kiss on Tom Sawyers Island June 1977
Kristibo42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 02:20 PM   #36
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by richmond282 View Post
Just a question. I haven't really followed this case in a lot of years so I don't remember details, but if Burke (or anyone in the family really) did this then where did it occur? I mean wouldn't a head wound like that bleed a heck of a lot? Did they ever find traces or blood anywhere else in the house? It seems unlikely that if Burke did it, it would have happened in that room in the basement. Also, was there any suggestion as to what weapon make the head wound? Baseball bat maybe?
Dad made a big deal about making sure he got his golf clubs. Burke had hit Jon Benet with a golf club in the past. Maybe he did it again but this time it would have been fatal.
Old 10-31-2013, 02:39 PM   #37
RitaE
DIS Veteran

Kind of creepy but my husband and I have had the "When would we lawyer up?" talk too.

Everybody knows from minute one who the Investigators are targeting as their initial main suspects. BTW, it is very likely at that point that the Police aren't fully co-operating with the family either. They are lying and misleading and not sharing information, trying to get a reactionary type confession or mistake.

Hiring a lawyer does not mean that you are not co-operating with an Investigation although some police and Prosecutors love to promote that idea. You want a lawyer? Huh, I guess that means you have something to hide?

Hiring a lawyer means you realize that you are in the midst of a tragic circumstance where everybody else in the process is familiar with the rules and procedures except for you.

There is hardly any other event of major importance in our lives where we don't seek advice from experts. A criminal investigation is no different.
RitaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 02:57 PM   #38
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RitaE View Post
Kind of creepy but my husband and I have had the "When would we lawyer up?" talk too.

Everybody knows from minute one who the Investigators are targeting as their initial main suspects. BTW, it is very likely at that point that the Police aren't fully co-operating with the family either. They are lying and misleading and not sharing information, trying to get a reactionary type confession or mistake.

Hiring a lawyer does not mean that you are not co-operating with an Investigation although some police and Prosecutors love to promote that idea. You want a lawyer? Huh, I guess that means you have something to hide?

Hiring a lawyer means you realize that you are in the midst of a tragic circumstance where everybody else in the process is familiar with the rules and procedures except for you.

There is hardly any other event of major importance in our lives where we don't seek advice from experts. A criminal investigation is no different.
You're right. The Ramseys did not sit down to talk with police until April. Their daughter was murdered December 26. I would call that uncooperative. Then, the DA's office gave their lawyers copies of the police report which the FBI basically said was malfeasance. The DA's office should not have given them the reports when they were considered suspects in an ongoing investigation.

Last edited by Robbi; 10-31-2013 at 04:01 PM.
Old 10-31-2013, 04:30 PM   #39
goofy!
You have to ride a roller coaster now, nah-ne-nah-ne-boo-boo!
It has been two weeks now and my toes are only a bit chipped

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriarfoxinWA View Post
I wouldn't get a lawyer if my child was missing but I probably would have as soon as she was found. My DH was involved in law enforcement for over 20 years. We talked about another case last night and we both agreed that the first thing either of us would do is hire an attorney if we were questioned about anything.

You have to take the situation into account also.

Our police department is great, but not exactly skilled in murder investigations. They had already totally messed up the crime scene. They had one other murder in town and that was the unsolved murder of Robert Redford's daughter's boyfriend. Not exactly the kind of feel good trust one would have when one's daughter was just murdered. Our police department was more used to making pot busts than anything major like murder.

Ramsey is a smart man. He would have been stupid not to lawyer up. Would you trust your life to Barney Fife, after the first responder had already totally not followed procedure when they were called to the house?

And FWIW, the DA and sheriff's office know exactly who killed her. Our neighbor was one of the investigating officers (a competent team after the first responder debacle) and let that slip at a party. However, unless things change in the future (technology, etc), according to him, they will never, ever be able to arrest let alone prosecute.

One other thing - do you really think that if the DA had so much compelling evidence, enough evidence to write an entire book about, that they wouldn't go ahead and make an arrest?

Especially when the general public, ie: the potential jury pool, reads the book and believes it? That would be a fair indicator that the prosecution might have a better than average chance at a verdict.

Many around here consider the author a whack-a-doodle.

Last edited by goofy!; 10-31-2013 at 04:53 PM. Reason: wrong tense
goofy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 05:00 PM   #40
goofy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbi View Post
I agree. JonBenet went to the doctor 30 or 33 times in either 1 or 2 years for vaginitis which caused her to wet her bed. When asked for her records, the doctor said he would burn them first which I thought was an unusual reaction. The school would not cooperate with the police either. Seems like everyone was more interested in covering their backsides instead of trying to find out what/who caused JonBenet's death- very sad.
Martin Park Elementary and BVSD did cooperate as much as they were allowed to by their lawyers.
Old 10-31-2013, 05:26 PM   #41
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy! View Post

You have to take the situation into account also.

Our police department is great, but not exactly skilled in murder investigations. They had already totally messed up the crime scene. They had one other murder in town and that was the unsolved murder of Robert Redford's daughter's boyfriend. Not exactly the kind of feel good trust one would have when one's daughter was just murdered. Our police department was more used to making pot busts than anything major like murder.

Ramsey is a smart man. He would have been stupid not to lawyer up. Would you trust your life to Barney Fife, after the first responder had already totally not followed procedure when they were called to the house?

And FWIW, the DA and sheriff's office know exactly who killed her. Our neighbor was one of the investigating officers (a competent team after the first responder debacle) and let that slip at a party. However, unless things change in the future (technology, etc), according to him, they will never, ever be able to arrest let alone prosecute.

One other thing - do you really think that if the DA had so much compelling evidence, enough evidence to write an entire book about, that they wouldn't go ahead and make an arrest?

Especially when the general public, ie: the potential jury pool, reads the book and believes it? That would be a fair indicator that the prosecution might have a better than average chance at a verdict.

Many around here consider the author a whack-a-doodle.
How long ago did the investigator let it slip? Seems like if this was true and the Ramseys were not involved, all of these people would not be writing these books.Ramsey has a team of pitbulls for lawyers. They could issue some sort of cease and desist or demand that the police dept. say they have a suspect and that it isn't one of the Ramsey family. Even people who were very close freinds of the Ramseys suspect them.

I think we all know or have heard of cases where for one reason or another, people have gotten away with murder. Many might consider the author a whack-a doodle but many also think the Ramseys got away with both a murder and a cover up.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:33 PM   #42
goofy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbi View Post
How long ago did the investigator let it slip? Seems like if this was true and the Ramseys were not involved, all of these people would not be writing these books.Ramsey has a team of pitbulls for lawyers. They could issue some sort of cease and desist or demand that the police dept. say they have a suspect and that it isn't one of the Ramsey family. Even people who were very close freinds of the Ramseys suspect them.

I think we all know or have heard of cases where for one reason or another, people have gotten away with murder. Many might consider the author a whack-a doodle but many also think the Ramseys got away with both a murder and a cover up.
The DA has already said that the Ramseys were no longer under the umbrella of suspicion.

Lots of books of supposition are written about big cases. Doesn't make them grounded in truth.

You personally know these very close friends of the Ramseys that suspect them? Our neighborhoods shared the same elementary school. Generally, their close friends were fiercely protective of them.

But who knows, maybe it is the Ramseys that the police know about. Or maybe not. It is interesting what things people share when they have had a few too many drinks.

Again, you have to ask your self logically. If there is so much compelling evidence that an entire book can be written about it, then how come there isn't an arrest?

The only logical answer is that the book is based on pulling so called facts out of the air and written to make lots of money.

But it doesn't matter what we believe, only what the DA believes.

Now if they could only find Sid Wells' killer. A little town with two big murders.

Last edited by goofy!; 10-31-2013 at 06:45 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: