DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2014, 08:54 AM   #1051
carejo5
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortypots View Post
Is there a toaster in the studios? I cannot remember.
Yes there is a toaster , 4 cup coffee maker, micro and rice cooker. We brought extra filters and bought Hawaiian coffee to brew . We thought about grilling meat and veggies and using rice cooker, but never got to it. We did see quite a few people walking to grills with their meats and utensils . Looked inviting
carejo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 01:31 PM   #1052
Noliboli
Earning My Ears

I'll post views of rm 986, a 2bd villa in Ewa tower when I return. I can't figure out how to post them from the app. Oops.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-18-2014, 01:38 PM   #1053
jerseygal
DIS Veteran

Noliboli..Hope you are having a great time!

Room 986..This is a dedicated 2 Br correct? Are you please with the Ewa Tower and your room?

ENJOY your vaca!!!! Hope that the weather is GREAT!
jerseygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 02:08 PM   #1054
wooclan
Earning My Ears

Hotel Room Accomodation

Has anyone stayed at one of the 8 hotel rooms we can now book with DVC points? I'm curious to find out what amenities are offered, if housekeeping is accidentally included, is there balcony and how are the views?
wooclan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:11 PM   #1055
Cinderpamela
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooclan View Post
Has anyone stayed at one of the 8 hotel rooms we can now book with DVC points? I'm curious to find out what amenities are offered, if housekeeping is accidentally included, is there balcony and how are the views?
They are in the standard view category and do have balconies or if on first floor a patio.... so views of the parking lot, gardens, and island.... housekeeping is the same as the other DVC rooms.
So that is:
Quote:
Trash and Towel service is included in all stays of more than four days. If your stay is for less than eight nights, you will receive Trash & Towel service on day four. If your stay is for eight nights or longer, you will receive a full cleaning service on day four, and Trash & Towel service on day eight. After that, the cycle begins again on day twelve. Day one is check-in day. Daily housekeeping can be arranged and paid for at time of check-in.

2013-Christmas at Aulani!!2012-November-Grand Cali!! 2012-July-Aulani 2011-1st trip to WDW-Christmas at Wilderness Lodge! 2010-Christmas-time@DLR and CLUB 33!! 2009-Christmas-time @ DLR 2008-Birthday @DLR 2007-PPH @ DLR
2005-DLH 1st Family Trip to DLR 1991-Spring Break Disneyland 1973-First trip to Disneyland
Cinderpamela is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:39 AM   #1056
CynthiaC925

Earning My Ears

Hello. Just a quick update on my Aulani visit which started Easter 2014. I flew over on alaska airlines from Oakland ca. Even though I used miles to book the flight Alaska let me upgrade to first class for $100. Free baggage and non stop Mai tais! Happy flight! Rented a car from thrifty via carrentals.com. $135 for 8 days.
I spent one night in 266, which is islands garden. I was on the floor under the lobby. It was nice to sit on my lanai and watch the Starlit Hui. Today I switched to studio ocean view, room 1554. I love my room. I won't post a picture since you have 1454's view. Ocean and pool views plus live music at night! I was able to take advantage of the stay 5 nights get 2 free once I arrived. Dvc website showed no availability for the last two nights but once I arrived I was told there was availability by the desk clerk so I called this morning and after 40 minutes on hold dvc figured it out!

It's been overcast and windy so today I went to Costco, Target etc. all set for the week. I love all the new areas at aulani. Last year was construction so glad to have that behind us. I saw a mongoose tonight. Very cool. Tomorrow I will try the spa for the first time. Three treatments-exfoliation, massage and something else. Who cares? I will never leave!

Shopping fails. Silk shirt with Minnie on back playing the ukelele. I paid $135 plus tax. On sale for $63. Ugh. Bunch of other stuff I paid full price for now at least 30%off! Bummer! That's all for now. I need to listen to ocean and music!
CynthiaC925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:21 AM   #1057
jerseygal
DIS Veteran

CynthiaC925...Crowded Week After Easter?

CynthiaC925...Hope that you ENJOY your vaca!

Is this a crowded week after Easter? Would imagine that as the week progresses, it will be become less crowded as most schools I believe are in session the week after Easter. I would imagine that LAST WEEK WAS VERY CROWDED!!!

Have you eaten OFF PROPERTY? WE are planning most if not all of our dinners OFF PROPERTY! Have one ADR at Ama Ama...Haven't yet decided if we will dine there or not!

CANNOT WAIT FOR OUR MAY TRIP! COMING SOON!
Old Yesterday, 10:14 AM   #1058
wdrl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynthiaC925 View Post
I spent one night in 266, which is islands garden. I was on the floor under the lobby. It was nice to sit on my lanai and watch the Starlit Hui. Today I switched to studio ocean view, room 1554. I love my room. I won't post a picture since you have 1454's view.
We'll take any photos you'd like to post, even if you think it might be a duplicate or similar to another villa. Over time we've lost some photos because the links to Photobucket, Flickr, etc., have been lost or corrupted. When that happens, its nice to have backup photos.

Enjoy your time at Aulani!
Old Today, 01:31 AM   #1059
CynthiaC925

Earning My Ears

Hello Jerseygal-I'm glad you have a trip planned to Aulani - you will have a fabulous time. I was here last year in May and had perfect weather every day - not too crowded either. It didn't seem that crowded this week so far. It is busy but I'm here on my own so am not concerned about where my pool lounger is - I hang out at the adults pool or the beach so haven't had any problem. If you are with a group and very concerned about the spot you enjoy the pool from then maybe it is busy for that situation. There have been no long lines at the snack bars, shave ice, etc - I think the extra facilities have really helped spread the crowds out through the resort. I have eaten at Roys off site but it is expensive also although good. I just usually have food in my room and eat there - but again, I'm on my own so no big deal. I will post pictures of the view from my rooms when I get home. Oh, I really enjoyed the spa today - very relaxing. Had the exfoliation with mango scrub/body butter and a lomi lomi massage - under this warm water spray. I love #1554 since it's right over the open air bar/live Hawaiian music act-perfect view of the pool area and the ocean. Love it here!
Old Today, 01:34 AM   #1060
CynthiaC925

Earning My Ears

Forgot to mention that we had a birthday dinner at Ama Ama last year as well as a lunch there. Fabulous! Wonderful service too - and we had two kids 4 and 2 who were kind of rowdy - they were too young to be there for a dinner but lunch was fine.
Old Today, 04:31 AM   #1061
jerseygal
DIS Veteran

Enjoy your vaca!

1554 is Oceanview right?

Must be GORGEOUS! ENJOY!!!!!!!
Old Today, 10:42 AM   #1062
Cinderpamela
DIS Veteran

Cynthia- That exfoliation scrub sounds amazing.... will be sure to note that for next time I visit the spa! I have only done the massages, but I think I would like the scrub. Thanks for the report!

2013-Christmas at Aulani!!2012-November-Grand Cali!! 2012-July-Aulani 2011-1st trip to WDW-Christmas at Wilderness Lodge! 2010-Christmas-time@DLR and CLUB 33!! 2009-Christmas-time @ DLR 2008-Birthday @DLR 2007-PPH @ DLR
2005-DLH 1st Family Trip to DLR 1991-Spring Break Disneyland 1973-First trip to Disneyland
Cinderpamela is online now   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: