Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Camping at Disney World
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2012, 06:58 AM   #31
kittycruize
Mouseketeer

So, would a cart fit 2 adults, 3 little kids, and a double stroller?
Old 11-16-2012, 07:51 AM   #32
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDERNESS FAN 55 View Post
Don't know the current pricing however you can put a stroller folded up in them. Don't know about a double stroller though.They seat 4. I disagree with some on here because I believe the internal buses take too long. With that I have always rented carts when we stayed there. Most trips we stayed in 2100 loop. Closer to main pool and store if we wanted to walk. Have fun !
They're constantly changing the internal buses to be more efficient, sometimes every year - we go at least once a year. How would you know that the internal buses take *too long* if it has been a while since you've stayed at the Fort?

There are lots of people using carts - it's a matter of what people like to do. Even so, the buses do work fine, and we have no issues with them, so I wouldn't say they take too long when it's been a while since you have used them.
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-16-2012, 07:55 AM   #33
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycruize View Post
So, would a cart fit 2 adults, 3 little kids, and a double stroller?
Never tried it, but IMO it would be *pushing* the capacity. Are any of the children able to ride without an adult beside them? If so, a 6 seater would probably be best. Just not sure about the size of the stroller.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:32 AM   #34
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Kristina~ View Post
There's no place to park at the pool or by the boat launch, etc. They discourage driving around, hence the rentals and FW bus system.
Just to clarify, you can park a car at the trading post for about 15 minutes if you want to pick up supplies. There's a few spaces. Otherwise, you have to take the bus or golf cart everywhere in the Fort. There's plenty of golf cart parking everywhere.

When are we going back? Not sure, hate the DAS, FP+ and the rooms keep getting more and more expensive.

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
sharadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:02 PM   #35
WILDERNESS FAN 55
CANNOT GET ENOUGH

Quote:
Originally Posted by North of Mouse View Post
They're constantly changing the internal buses to be more efficient, sometimes every year - we go at least once a year. How would you know that the internal buses take *too long* if it has been a while since you've stayed at the Fort?

There are lots of people using carts - it's a matter of what people like to do. Even so, the buses do work fine, and we have no issues with them, so I wouldn't say they take too long when it's been a while since you have used them.
Well I'm glad they work better now, but if I walk up to a bus stop when a bus is just pulling away ....well then it takes too long. Unless Disney has added more buses (doubtful) then even 10 minutes can be a long wait. It's been a while since I've been to McDonalds but I still can tell you what I've experienced eating there!!!
Bottom line is carts are fun and convenient and I would HIGHLY recommend them even if I haven't stayed there for a while.

Off site 72-76-76-77-78(MM 50th b-day) 79-81-82-85-86 FW-84-86-88-90-90-91-92-95-96
Poly 87 GF 88 CR 90 CBR 91-06-10
Disney Inn 93 ASM 95-96-02 CS 98
POFQ 97 DIXIE Landing 00 POR 07-08 WL-11
DL-Honeymoon-77 03 OKW -13 BLT-13 BWV-13
Trips planned 2015 WDW 2016 Aulani 2017 WDW XMAS
WILDERNESS FAN 55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:37 PM   #36
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDERNESS FAN 55 View Post
Well I'm glad they work better now, but if I walk up to a bus stop when a bus is just pulling away ....well then it takes too long. Unless Disney has added more buses (doubtful) then even 10 minutes can be a long wait. It's been a while since I've been to McDonalds but I still can tell you what I've experienced eating there!!!
Bottom line is carts are fun and convenient and I would HIGHLY recommend them even if I haven't stayed there for a while.
If waiting (maybe 10 min.) for the next bus when one has just pulled away is too long to wait for you, then I do feel sorry for you having to wait in any lines in the parks. But that's OK, now I do realize why you have stressed the necessity of having a cart. Waiting for a few minutes has never bothered us, even though to be honest we usually never wait 10min. for an internal bus. McDonalds and waiting on buses a few min. seems a strange comparison to me. But I concede that everyone has their own expectations on vacation.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:08 PM   #37
retired and happy
Auburn-him/Alabama-her

That car parking at the trading Post is for 15 minutes at the Meadows Trading Post. There is no car parking at the Settlement Trading Post.
retired and happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:03 PM   #38
WILDERNESS FAN 55
CANNOT GET ENOUGH

Quote:
Originally Posted by North of Mouse View Post
If waiting (maybe 10 min.) for the next bus when one has just pulled away is too long to wait for you, then I do feel sorry for you having to wait in any lines in the parks. But that's OK, now I do realize why you have stressed the necessity of having a cart. Waiting for a few minutes has never bothered us, even though to be honest we usually never wait 10min. for an internal bus. McDonalds and waiting on buses a few min. seems a strange comparison to me. But I concede that everyone has their own expectations on vacation.
Well your right about me on one thing.I am impatient with the transportation.However somehow I have no problem waiting 45 min to ride my favorites like Test Track . Just became DVC member but sounds like I need to get back to the campgrounds soon !

Off site 72-76-76-77-78(MM 50th b-day) 79-81-82-85-86 FW-84-86-88-90-90-91-92-95-96
Poly 87 GF 88 CR 90 CBR 91-06-10
Disney Inn 93 ASM 95-96-02 CS 98
POFQ 97 DIXIE Landing 00 POR 07-08 WL-11
DL-Honeymoon-77 03 OKW -13 BLT-13 BWV-13
Trips planned 2015 WDW 2016 Aulani 2017 WDW XMAS
WILDERNESS FAN 55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:22 PM   #39
SonomaCountyDad
Earning My Ears

We're coming in next week, with a party of 9 people including 6 adults and 3 4-year olds. I've rented a 6-seat cart from Kenny for the duration of our trip. I can sit up front with one kid, my wife will take the second row with one kid, and my wife's sister will take the third row with the final kid. Especially at this time of year, I thought it would be worth it to rent a cart to drive around and look at any decorations that may be out.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: