Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2014, 05:56 AM   #286
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantoine View Post
Gina, As I read this to my DH, he stopped and looked up and said "OMG, you have found your twin" Thank you so much for your post, it gives me comfort in knowing I am not alone in the world of family trip planning.

LOL, its one of the reasons I am thankful for the Dis. And truth be told, I think DH is thankful for it too!!! Its a good venue for us to chat and plan with other like-minded folks without driving our beloveds completely crazy .

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:26 PM   #287
cantoine
Mouseketeer

Gina

I loved reading your trip report. We have actually stayed at the Sheraton Vistana Villages ourselves in June 2011 and we absolutely loved it. I am hoping to convince the DH to let us become owners one day. We stayed in the St. Augustine section of the resort with the pirate ship pool, the kids loved it. We were going back and forth between the Sheraton or the West gate for our June 2014 trip and have decided on the west gate to try something new. I see you also stayed at the West gate on one of your family trips, how did you guys like it? Thank you again for all your photos and trip planning advice.
cantoine is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2014, 04:07 PM   #288
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantoine View Post
Gina

I loved reading your trip report. We have actually stayed at the Sheraton Vistana Villages ourselves in June 2011 and we absolutely loved it. I am hoping to convince the DH to let us become owners one day. We stayed in the St. Augustine section of the resort with the pirate ship pool, the kids loved it. We were going back and forth between the Sheraton or the West gate for our June 2014 trip and have decided on the west gate to try something new. I see you also stayed at the West gate on one of your family trips, how did you guys like it? Thank you again for all your photos and trip planning advice.
We stayed at Westgate Lakes in August 2012.

Ya know, we were terrified before we arrived. So many horror stories. They seemed to be wherever we looked.

That said.....we had a great vacation. The room was spacious (we had a two bed/two bath), our villa was in a great location, and we had daily housekeeping. The resort had lots of good amenities and we very much enjoyed their pool parties. There was an enormous roman tub in the master and a HUGE shower too.

We did go to the timeshare presentation and it was seriously awful.....almost 4 hours (rather than the 90 minutes we were promised), super hard sell, relentless sales people. Never, ever, EVER again .

But honestly? While we had a very enjoyable getaway, it doesn't compare to the Vistana. The Vistana has a much nicer feel. Nicer and much more pleasant staff. Much, much higher quality (and more modern) finishings on the interiors. Brighter, cheerier, better amenities. Everything just seemed a big step up from Westgate.

Which Westgate property are you staying at? (I know there are several in the Orlando area). If you are staying at the Lakes Resort & Spa and have any questions, feel free to shout and I will do my best to help .

Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Old 01-15-2014, 09:07 AM   #289
tgropp
DIS Veteran

Gina. I do not know how I missed your report but it was a very nice read on a winter morning. So nice to see pics of places that I have never been to. We have been doing Disney/Florida family vacations for 25 years and I can see that you will be doing the same. You are very blessed to be in that position. Thanks for the report!
Feb 2013: AKL Club Level / DCL Fantasy Western Cruise / BCV
Feb 2012: DCL Mexican Riviera Cruise Dec 2011: VWL/BCV
Christmas 2010: VWL
Nov 2009: BC Villas Dec 2008: VWL/AKV/ Dolphin
Dec 2007: BWV/VWL Feb 2007: Dolphin/DCL Eastern cruise/OKW/VWL
Christmas/New Years 2005: WL/Dolphin
Dec 2002: AKL/WL
Christmas/New years 2000: BC/WL Christmas/New Years 1998: WL/BC
Christmas 1996:WL Junior Suite Christmas 1994: WL
Dec 1992:CBR Dec1989, April 1983, Jan 1980: OffSite
tgropp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 01:06 PM   #290
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgropp View Post
Gina. I do not know how I missed your report but it was a very nice read on a winter morning. So nice to see pics of places that I have never been to. We have been doing Disney/Florida family vacations for 25 years and I can see that you will be doing the same. You are very blessed to be in that position. Thanks for the report!
Thanks Tim . I hope to someday have a list of happy family memories in my signature that's as long and awesome as yours .

Old 01-17-2014, 10:42 AM   #291
littleaussie
I tell people my daughters are 75% American and 25% Australian

Loved your TR, thanks for taking the time to post it. I enjoy reading about the off-site stays, because we are always looking for a new place to try.

It's also fun reading about people doing other things besides Disney. Now I love Disney. . . a lot! But my family needs deprogramming sometimes so I enjoy people who post their other experiences. We may try the mini-golfing
January 2012 - Celebrating engagement with a Disney trip with a stay at WH
January 2011 - WH trip that will not be repeated!
December 2009 - Oak Plantation stay with Disney visit disaster
May 2008 - Traveling the WB Repo 2008 with an ex. . .
January 2006 - WDW at Oak Plantation+ Disney Cruise to the Bahamas
2003 and earlier - Numerous family trips too many to count!
littleaussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 07:52 PM   #292
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleaussie View Post
Loved your TR, thanks for taking the time to post it. I enjoy reading about the off-site stays, because we are always looking for a new place to try.

It's also fun reading about people doing other things besides Disney. Now I love Disney. . . a lot! But my family needs deprogramming sometimes so I enjoy people who post their other experiences. We may try the mini-golfing

The Congo River courses are always my favourite......but I'm a sucker for gators.

Pirates Cove comes in a close second, because the course is so darn nicely themed.

Last edited by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina; 01-18-2014 at 06:49 AM.
Old 04-13-2014, 12:41 PM   #293
MidnightParade
Mouseketeer

I've slowly been reading your TR for the last week and its wonderful! We are doing an onsite stay at Universal/Disney in October but now I've started plotting for an Orlando non onsite stay(or atleast a split stay) for our next whenever that is vacation because of your very inspiring TR. Your family is awesome and your trip looks/sounds amazing! Thanks so much for sharing!
MidnightParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 02:45 PM   #294
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightParade View Post
I've slowly been reading your TR for the last week and its wonderful! We are doing an onsite stay at Universal/Disney in October but now I've started plotting for an Orlando non onsite stay(or atleast a split stay) for our next whenever that is vacation because of your very inspiring TR. Your family is awesome and your trip looks/sounds amazing! Thanks so much for sharing!
Aw, thank you so much for the kind compliments!

We are currently counting down to our next offsite stay....just over 4 months to go!

Old 04-13-2014, 04:36 PM   #295
MidnightParade
Mouseketeer

Well I hope you do another TR! I will eagerly be awaiting it!
MidnightParade is offline   Reply With Quote