Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2014, 08:47 PM   #466
WindsorRose
Earning My Ears

Hello Everyone!!

I am in London until next Saturday and I am wanting to go to Paris for a day or two to visit Disneyland Paris. I was just wondering if anyone would want to meet up or join anytime next week. I would love the company!!

Thanks!
WindsorRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 12:37 PM   #467
disneyhearted
Earning My Ears

First time at Disney since I was young...going SOLO..omgosh. March/April

I am so new to the board, and also to the Disney experience. I have only been once...when I was very young. But I have wanted to go for SO long. But I haven't been able to ever convince any adult friends that it would be fun...if you an believe THAT. (Shaking my head on that one.)

I am really considering, at this point, going solo. The point is that I'm GOING! Of course, I'm very nervous, as I feel I don't have much of an education about what to do/eat/where to stay/etc. But...maybe, for the first time, over-researching isn't necessary?

While I haven't booked an exact date yet, I'm thinking of going in March or April. If anyone else is going around then, maybe we can meet up for a dinner or something?

(And yes, I'm totally accepting any recommendations on anything.)
disneyhearted is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2014, 12:52 PM   #468
richmo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyhearted View Post
I am so new to the board, and also to the Disney experience. I have only been once...when I was very young. But I have wanted to go for SO long. But I haven't been able to ever convince any adult friends that it would be fun...if you an believe THAT. (Shaking my head on that one.)

I am really considering, at this point, going solo. The point is that I'm GOING! Of course, I'm very nervous, as I feel I don't have much of an education about what to do/eat/where to stay/etc. But...maybe, for the first time, over-researching isn't necessary?

While I haven't booked an exact date yet, I'm thinking of going in March or April. If anyone else is going around then, maybe we can meet up for a dinner or something?

Congratulations on going! I've done many family trips and have done solo trips in March for the past several years and I always enjoy myself. Its definitely nice to get away from the real world for a few days. You probably should do some planning, but don't go nuts. Just be aware that you're not going to see and do everything in one trip.

One decision you'll have is whether to stay onsite or not. If you do, Disney will provide transportation to and from the airport and within Disney property. You likely will not need a car. If you stay offsite, I would get a car. Some hotels have shuttles to Disney, but then you are shoehorned into a schedule and if you miss your shuttle, you'll have to get involved with taxis, etc. There will be those that will say you "have" to stay on-site to get the full experience. Onsite is fun, and I probably would recommend it since its your first time. Personally, when I go next month, I'll be offsite, mostly because I like having a car, know my way around and since the family won't be with me, I like to "do it cheap".

Don't want to drone on too long with this, but however you decide to go: Just do it!
richmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 09:01 PM   #469
disneyhearted
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by richmo View Post
Congratulations on going! I've done many family trips and have done solo trips in March for the past several years and I always enjoy myself. Its definitely nice to get away from the real world for a few days. You probably should do some planning, but don't go nuts. Just be aware that you're not going to see and do everything in one trip.

One decision you'll have is whether to stay onsite or not. If you do, Disney will provide transportation to and from the airport and within Disney property. You likely will not need a car. If you stay offsite, I would get a car. Some hotels have shuttles to Disney, but then you are shoehorned into a schedule and if you miss your shuttle, you'll have to get involved with taxis, etc. There will be those that will say you "have" to stay on-site to get the full experience. Onsite is fun, and I probably would recommend it since its your first time. Personally, when I go next month, I'll be offsite, mostly because I like having a car, know my way around and since the family won't be with me, I like to "do it cheap".

Don't want to drone on too long with this, but however you decide to go: Just do it!
Thanks for your response - boy did I need to hear that simple line about how I can't do/see it all in one trip. I mean, I know that rationally but it's a good reminder. I'm staying at AMA so that I can keep things as simple as possible.
disneyhearted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 02:17 PM   #470
knc25
Earning My Ears

Going to the World April 24th - 28th. Anyone else?
knc25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 01:47 PM   #471
mlaping
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyhearted View Post

Don't forget to look for Lady and Tramp's paw prints at Magic Kingdom
mlaping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 11:14 AM   #472
want2bminnie
Mouseketeer

I'll be there, staying at POP from 5/3 through 5/6

Old 04-08-2014, 12:26 AM   #473
momo9903
Earning My Ears

I will be at Disney World May 30-June 6. First solo trip... Would like to meet other solo Disney lovers!
momo9903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 05:42 PM   #474
Disneykitten24
Earning My Ears

My husband and I will be going on a trip this week! we'll be staying at the beech-club Thursday Friday and Saturday. I'm really excited we will be doing the drinking around the world at Epcot on Thursday and then checking out the Atlantic dance hall in the evening. then hanging out at the pool and hot tubs on Friday and Saturday. I hope we can have a really fun time. will anyone else be around?
Disneykitten24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: