Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2014, 05:48 PM   #1171
JeanfromBNA
"Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kungaloosh22 View Post
I love to wear sundresses to the parks. I prefer Jockey skimmies to bike shorts, as they're so light and breathable.
I never knew about these. Where do you buy them, and how hot are they in the parks?

1995 Disney Institute Treehouses 2005 Wilderness Lodge 2007 Yacht Club 2008 Coronado Springs 2008 Beach Club 2009 Grand Floridian 2009 Disney Wonder
2009 Disney Wonder 2009 Polynesian Resort 2011 Coronado Springs 2011 Portofino Bay Hotel UO 2012 Old Key West October, 2012, Proud new DVC AKL Kidani owners!May, 2013 Disney DreamSeptember, 2013 AulaniMarch, 2014 BWV October, 2014 AKV
JeanfromBNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 08:17 PM   #1172
SherryinBA
Earning My Ears

Smile

I can absolutely vouch for Jockey skimmers. You can order them from QVC as well as the Jockey website. They are perfect for wearing under a dress. If your skirt blows up, they look like bike shorts. They are not hot at all. You may forget you're wearing them.
SherryinBA is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-28-2014, 11:09 PM   #1173
kungaloosh22
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanfromBNA View Post
I never knew about these. Where do you buy them, and how hot are they in the parks?
I'd second everything Sherry said, above. Plus I also find them at Macy's sometimes.
kungaloosh22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 02:08 PM   #1174
ambercharleen
Earning My Ears

This is a great post. The only thing I was worried about was making sure to go when my "friend" isn't visiting. lol
This thread gave me some other things to think about for our trip. Specially since I also have a pre teen daughter now as well to worry about with some of these issues.
ambercharleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 08:00 AM   #1175
momandseandodisney
DIS Veteran

Ok so if I skip my "uneeded" week of birth control and go right into the ones with "power" lol then , when do I turn things back to normal the next month?

Someone please explain the process to me one more time please, I feel like I am missing something lol, and I do not want me period this trip, I always have it every trip getting annoyed lol
Old 08-14-2014, 08:46 AM   #1176
weeniecat2442
Earning My Ears

Hi ladies! What a great thread
I LOVE marykay CC cream (as an alternative to BB cream). I was using the Garnier but MaryKay one is great. I have very oily skin and I love this stuff!
Old 08-14-2014, 03:44 PM   #1177
dreamit
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanfromBNA View Post
I just found these at target today.

Me DH DD8
dreamit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 03:51 PM   #1178
tillman4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momandseandodisney View Post
Ok so if I skip my "uneeded" week of birth control and go right into the ones with "power" lol then , when do I turn things back to normal the next month? Someone please explain the process to me one more time please, I feel like I am missing something lol, and I do not want me period this trip, I always have it every trip getting annoyed lol
You would just follow the pack. You will naturally come to your "bad week" by following the pack.
tillman4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 06:50 AM   #1179
FairestOfThemAll37
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momandseandodisney View Post
Ok so if I skip my "uneeded" week of birth control and go right into the ones with "power" lol then , when do I turn things back to normal the next month? Someone please explain the process to me one more time please, I feel like I am missing something lol, and I do not want me period this trip, I always have it every trip getting annoyed lol
Yes, you'd just go back to the normal way you take your pills the following month. It's not uncommon to do this regularly. I used to continuous cycle so I'd only take the placebo and have my time every three months. I've switched to non-pill bc now but it worked great.

A couple things to be aware of though. It may take your body time to adjust so even if you skip the placebo week and jump right to your next pack you may still have issues (it's likely you won't just an FYI)

Also, this works if you have monophasic pills (all pills have the same amount of hormones). If you take triphasic pills (each week has different levels) you can't just start the new pack. You can still try to skip but have to take the pills not from the first week (the Internet is your friend if you're on those kinds of pills).

Good luck!
FairestOfThemAll37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 07:22 AM   #1180
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairestOfThemAll37 View Post
I used to continuous cycle so I'd only take the placebo and have my time every three months.
I haven't taken the placebo pills in years. I do not miss having to deal with a period.

Alesia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 11:13 AM   #1181
mgsquared
A big kid at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsmamato2 View Post
not for everyone, esp.very heavy flow.... you kind of just...know.... it feels very 'clean' in comparison to other options in general,but for me, there are times when I have to check every hour to be sure,and wear a liner for protection there is nothing else as great as this item when it's hot outside and you're traveling! I suggest getting used to it for a couple of months before a trip....
I was just browsing through and loving the talk on the Divacup as this sort of product changed my life 7 years ago and I haven't looked back!
I always feel guilty for not talking about it more as it makes such a positive impact on the environment and is so much healthier for women than the chemical laden pads and tampons (which in my, and my friends experience- actually make you bleed more!!).

Definitely try it out before any trip as pp have suggested it has a learning curve. Also look into other brands. If you are at all a smaller person or a virgin or just very sensitive down there- try a softer brand. I always had trouble with tampons, any pads that weren't all natural and organic, etc. as I am generally super sensitive.
I love the ladycup brand cups as they are a bit smaller and softer. This does mean I have to go to the bathroom every 3 hours on the heaviest flow day but I truly don't feel it and half the time forget I have my period! It's important to test around as each woman is shaped differently. My skinny sister needs the large size lady cup or she has trouble with leakage. It all depends on how you are shaped down there and how heavy your flow is.

The lack of chemicals means less cramps for a lot of people too! I can also say my gynecologist was very pleased I was using this. Said it's the best!

I recommend taking the flushabale toilet paper wipes in the beginning when out. Eventually you get the hang of it and it is not as messy. I wash my hands before always and use the paper towel to open the stall door and close it.
I also empty it in the shower every morning in the hot water and find it a nice start. For sterilizing I use a quarter of a milton tab in a mug- that's all you need. One box of milton tabs lasts at least 2 years.

So now you all know waayyy too much about me but if I can convince even one person to try out cups I'll consider it a success! I haven't bought anything but a pack of sterilizing tablets for my period in 7 years. Not only are the economical and environmental benefits great- it also is healthier. I never worry about going swimming. I never stress about having enough with me or where to buy pads if I am camping or in Egypt. I never feel it unless it's getting full.. I never run out of stock, I never care if there isn't a trashcan in the toilet I'm using (you're really not supposed to flush tampons)... and don't need one in my toilet at home, and it is not an item in my budget!

Have I convinced anyone yet? ^_^
Old 08-17-2014, 11:23 AM   #1182
cjbcam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgsquared View Post
I was just browsing through and loving the talk on the Divacup as this sort of product changed my life 7 years ago and I haven't looked back! I always feel guilty for not talking about it more as it makes such a positive impact on the environment and is so much healthier for women than the chemical laden pads and tampons (which in my, and my friends experience- actually make you bleed more!!). Definitely try it out before any trip as pp have suggested it has a learning curve. Also look into other brands. If you are at all a smaller person or a virgin or just very sensitive down there- try a softer brand. I always had trouble with tampons, any pads that weren't all natural and organic, etc. as I am generally super sensitive. I love the ladycup brand cups as they are a bit smaller and softer. This does mean I have to go to the bathroom every 3 hours on the heaviest flow day but I truly don't feel it and half the time forget I have my period! It's important to test around as each woman is shaped differently. My skinny sister needs the large size lady cup or she has trouble with leakage. It all depends on how you are shaped down there and how heavy your flow is. The lack of chemicals means less cramps for a lot of people too! I can also say my gynecologist was very pleased I was using this. Said it's the best! I recommend taking the flushabale toilet paper wipes in the beginning when out. Eventually you get the hang of it and it is not as messy. I wash my hands before always and use the paper towel to open the stall door and close it. I also empty it in the shower every morning in the hot water and find it a nice start. For sterilizing I use a quarter of a milton tab in a mug- that's all you need. One box of milton tabs lasts at least 2 years. So now you all know waayyy too much about me but if I can convince even one person to try out cups I'll consider it a success! I haven't bought anything but a pack of sterilizing tablets for my period in 7 years. Not only are the economical and environmental benefits great- it also is healthier. I never worry about going swimming. I never stress about having enough with me or where to buy pads if I am camping or in Egypt. I never feel it unless it's getting full.. I never run out of stock, I never care if there isn't a trashcan in the toilet I'm using (you're really not supposed to flush tampons)... and don't need one in my toilet at home, and it is not an item in my budget! Have I convinced anyone yet? ^_^
I just bought one and started using it. It's a challenge to get it just right at the beginning. But I agree these are way better than any product out there.
cjbcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 07:49 PM   #1183
flutterby3744
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgsquared View Post
I was just browsing through and loving the talk on the Divacup as this sort of product changed my life 7 years ago and I haven't looked back! I always feel guilty for not talking about it more as it makes such a positive impact on the environment and is so much healthier for women than the chemical laden pads and tampons (which in my, and my friends experience- actually make you bleed more!!). Definitely try it out before any trip as pp have suggested it has a learning curve. Also look into other brands. If you are at all a smaller person or a virgin or just very sensitive down there- try a softer brand. I always had trouble with tampons, any pads that weren't all natural and organic, etc. as I am generally super sensitive. I love the ladycup brand cups as they are a bit smaller and softer. This does mean I have to go to the bathroom every 3 hours on the heaviest flow day but I truly don't feel it and half the time forget I have my period! It's important to test around as each woman is shaped differently. My skinny sister needs the large size lady cup or she has trouble with leakage. It all depends on how you are shaped down there and how heavy your flow is. The lack of chemicals means less cramps for a lot of people too! I can also say my gynecologist was very pleased I was using this. Said it's the best! I recommend taking the flushabale toilet paper wipes in the beginning when out. Eventually you get the hang of it and it is not as messy. I wash my hands before always and use the paper towel to open the stall door and close it. I also empty it in the shower every morning in the hot water and find it a nice start. For sterilizing I use a quarter of a milton tab in a mug- that's all you need. One box of milton tabs lasts at least 2 years. So now you all know waayyy too much about me but if I can convince even one person to try out cups I'll consider it a success! I haven't bought anything but a pack of sterilizing tablets for my period in 7 years. Not only are the economical and environmental benefits great- it also is healthier. I never worry about going swimming. I never stress about having enough with me or where to buy pads if I am camping or in Egypt. I never feel it unless it's getting full.. I never run out of stock, I never care if there isn't a trashcan in the toilet I'm using (you're really not supposed to flush tampons)... and don't need one in my toilet at home, and it is not an item in my budget! Have I convinced anyone yet? ^_^
I could have written this myself! I switched to the diva cup a year ago, and have never looked back. One of the best decisions I've ever made in my life...no exaggeration.
Old Yesterday, 01:36 PM   #1184
StarDreamer
Mouseketeer

Just read this entire thread this week and I will now be trying the BC trick and even talked to my GYN about getting an endometrial ablation. I wish I had read it earlier, I could've gotten it done before my trip. I really hope to not have to deal with my period on vacation. Even with the Diva Cup (which I love), I still have to empty every 4 hours on my heavy days. It would be nice to swim with the kids instead of watching in the hot sun .

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: