Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Yesterday, 11:08 PM   #2311
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Hiya

Been MIA for quite some time. Can I come back?? Not even going to attempt or pretend to catch up.... I'll just have to start fresh...

Less than 2 months and we'll be at Disney!! Can hardly wait!!! Our Spring Break starts Friday, thank goodness. So, I plan on getting lots of WDW planning done....or should I say the extra details. Dining ressies have been made for quite some time.

Hope everyone is doing well!!!

Heather
Well, I guess we could let you back Heather especially if you promise another great TR!!
Our Spring Break was ages ago! Hope you enjoy yours! Details please of next trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Ok, so I know most of you who do split stays don't do the dining plan, but does anyone know if the following is true...? Someone posted on another thread that for call in reservations, they were allowing guests to book the dining plan for both parts of a split stay (basically without tickets, APs, or DVC)...?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
I've heard rumours of this too!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 Poly
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:04 AM   #2312
LisaTC
DIS Veteran

CHACHACHACHANGES...I've not posted much, but I can be one to change or contemplate a change or worry about if I should change....

POR, then Contemporary, then Beach Club, then back to POR. I can't give up that extra 1K -1.5K to not stay at POR. I could use that to upgrade flights or other things. I need an intervention. I really want to try monorail resort, but then I chicken out and it's back to POR...my comfort zone. I've also changed my dates 3 times, all within a week of one another. What's wrong with me?

LisaTC is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old Today, 10:16 AM   #2313
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaTC View Post
CHACHACHACHANGES...I've not posted much, but I can be one to change or contemplate a change or worry about if I should change....

POR, then Contemporary, then Beach Club, then back to POR. I can't give up that extra 1K -1.5K to not stay at POR. I could use that to upgrade flights or other things. I need an intervention. I really want to try monorail resort, but then I chicken out and it's back to POR...my comfort zone. I've also changed my dates 3 times, all within a week of one another. What's wrong with me?
CHACHACHACHANGES.. You're singing our song!
I noticed you're going during Epcot Food and Wine, that's a great time to visit!
POR is a very nice resort. Relaxing, pretty, I love how peaceful it is. And I think their gift shop is one of the best on property.

If you are really wanting to try something different, maybe think about a split stay. Sometimes that works for folks, sometimes not. We really like them. Well, honestly, I like them much better than dh does. He doesn't mind because I do all the planning.
A lot depends on who's going, and for how long. Short visits often it's just better to be at one resort. Longer visits, you have more options.
And I hear you about wanting to try a monorail resort. I want to too, one of these days!!
The good thing is you have lots of great options. Happy planning!!

Last edited by gwynne; Today at 10:30 AM.
gwynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:28 AM   #2314
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
CHACHACHACHANGES...I've not posted much, but I can be one to change or contemplate a change or worry about if I should change.... POR, then Contemporary, then Beach Club, then back to POR. I can't give up that extra 1K -1.5K to not stay at POR. I could use that to upgrade flights or other things. I need an intervention. I really want to try monorail resort, but then I chicken out and it's back to POR...my comfort zone. I've also changed my dates 3 times, all within a week of one another. What's wrong with me?
Lol. Sounds like the rest of us here! How is the rest of the fam with all your changes? DH tries to be a good sport, but he's about ready to strangle me I think...and I haven't mentioned my latest thought!

I second the split stay if you're open to it. I actually am thinking about a POR / WL CL split myself over the 4th of July. :-)

Old Today, 11:22 AM   #2315
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Oh my goodness, what fun that would be!

Hey RCers, did you see this T-shirt? Orange Bird rules!

http://www.disneystore.com/orange-bi...54474/1000228/
LOVE the shirt!! Just bought one for DH

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Hiya

Been MIA for quite some time. Can I come back?? Not even going to attempt or pretend to catch up.... I'll just have to start fresh...

Less than 2 months and we'll be at Disney!! Can hardly wait!!! Our Spring Break starts Friday, thank goodness. So, I plan on getting lots of WDW planning done....or should I say the extra details. Dining ressies have been made for quite some time.

Hope everyone is doing well!!!

Heather
YAY Heather...you have unlimited RC access being one of the originals and all Your break is LATE, whoa! 2 months
Quote:
On break this week, so I'm trying to plan out FP+ ideas for the 60 day mark next month! Of course I'm still playing with adding the 4th of July to the trip...

How much will the split save you?? What about a GF/WL CL split???

Quote:
Ok, so I know most of you who do split stays don't do the dining plan, but does anyone know if the following is true...? Someone posted on another thread that for call in reservations, they were allowing guests to book the dining plan for both parts of a split stay (basically without tickets, APs, or DVC)...?

I wish I knew, but I know AP holders can do DP so maybe you can..it would make WDW some money..they totally should allow it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimndgal1 View Post
Running around, hoping to settle soon!

I have heard from a few sources they are now allowing DP without tickets. No one personally but lots of heresay.
Hey girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Well, I guess we could let you back Heather especially if you promise another great TR!!
Our Spring Break was ages ago! Hope you enjoy yours! Details please of next trip!

I've heard rumours of this too!

Quote:

Nothing wrong with you!!! Buyers remorse, and probably so-so reviews..it's a big chunk of change...but walking to a park IMO is priceless! I definitely vote for a split stay!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
CHACHACHACHANGES.. You're singing our song!
I noticed you're going during Epcot Food and Wine, that's a great time to visit!
POR is a very nice resort. Relaxing, pretty, I love how peaceful it is. And I think their gift shop is one of the best on property.

If you are really wanting to try something different, maybe think about a split stay. Sometimes that works for folks, sometimes not. We really like them. Well, honestly, I like them much better than dh does. He doesn't mind because I do all the planning.
A lot depends on who's going, and for how long. Short visits often it's just better to be at one resort. Longer visits, you have more options.
And I hear you about wanting to try a monorail resort. I want to too, one of these days!!
The good thing is you have lots of great options. Happy planning!!

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:00 PM   #2316
LisaTC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post

Nothing wrong with you!!! Buyers remorse, and probably so-so reviews..it's a big chunk of change...but walking to a park IMO is priceless! I definitely vote for a split stay!!!

I guess I get a bit flummoxed about split stays because I wonder how the MB/FP+ and everything work. Since I buy my tix usually with my room as a pkg, Do I get the tix for longer than my stay for the first stay or how do I do that? A split stay kinda scares me with regard of all the messing around you have to do with the whole MDE and linking, etc. Hmmmm

We've been in October before and it was my more favorite time. I love MNSSHP & F&W. Hopefully, we can keep the reservation...my DH's job may give him fits!

LisaTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:12 PM   #2317
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I guess I get a bit flummoxed about split stays because I wonder how the MB/FP+ and everything work. Since I buy my tix usually with my room as a pkg, Do I get the tix for longer than my stay for the first stay or how do I do that? A split stay kinda scares me with regard of all the messing around you have to do with the whole MDE and linking, etc. Hmmmm

We've been in October before and it was my more favorite time. I love MNSSHP & F&W. Hopefully, we can keep the reservation...my DH's job may give him fits!
I haven't done a stay with the MB yet, but the first reservation can have the tix, and next room only. If you call to do the reservations they will link them together as continuing stay I am sure one of our experienced split-stayers can help with the rest

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:38 PM   #2318
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
I haven't done a stay with the MB yet, but the first reservation can have the tix, and next room only. If you call to do the reservations they will link them together as continuing stay I am sure one of our experienced split-stayers can help with the rest
I am one of the experienced split stayers but I always have an AP so I'm not really any help. But I do know that what Pas said is correct. You may end up with a set of MBs for both reservations.
Old Today, 03:21 PM   #2319
pigletgirl
You do have a life. It is just in cyber world
If its chocolate I'll eat it!

Where do you all like to dine the first night? We fly in around 5:30 and expect to be at our resort (POFQ) by 7:00pm. Right now I have an ADR for T-Rex at 9:30 but I'm not sure if I want to keep it or not. Maybe WPE is a better choice? Just thinking out loud.

pigletgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:25 PM   #2320
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Jeanette - the split wouldn't save me anything, but there wouldn't be an increase even with adding the extra day. It's just whether or not I really want to move in the middle of the vacation. I tried to get DH to do a split last time and it was a no go...of course instead we upgraded to Poly for the whole trip. Lol.

Old Today, 04:40 PM   #2321
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Hi Everyone!!!

I have been an absentee RC'er as of late. We have been stressed out lately because of some medical issues with or little one....the good news is that what could have been pretty serious, really isn't too bad, and all will be well one way or another.

Now with those stresses relieved, I am back into planning mode!!! We should celebrate by adding CL, no?!?

Can't say it didn't cross my mind...

Just wanted to POP in and say hi though! Miss you ladies terribly!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is online now   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: