Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2014, 06:53 AM   #1156
dyna
DIS Veteran

Funny I carried mole skin for 2 or 3 trips to Disney didn't like it.

Monistat soothing gel tho I love....very good on feet to prevent blisters, great for preventing chafing and I use it as a primer under my make up. It's odorless an colorless DH uses it to prevent chafing as well.

We do not carry any back pack bags purses etc with us into the parks, we take a drink in each that we drink right away then get as large a cup of ice as we can get sometimes it's large sometimes it's small depends on what the CM is willing to give us we get more as needed.
dyna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 12:44 PM   #1157
Princess Hannah
Earning My Ears

Okay, since we're all girls here I'm just going to go ahead and ask for some advice for this. I have a small "girlstache" that isn't really noticeable, especially with makeup, but I'm very self conscious about it. Does anyone have a similar problem and know of any long term solutions?
Princess Hannah is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-28-2014, 12:15 PM   #1158
MagicKisses2
Mouseketeer

You could try electrolysis. I belive it's the only "perminent" solution. Laser also works, but if the hair isn't "dark" (more like a light peach fuzz) it doesn't work. Good Luck!!

2015 Jan '15 TBD - Did he really sign up for the Goofy Challenge?! ASMo Oct '13 - ToT 10 miler CBR Jan '12 - Official 5th trip and second half marathon! POP Jan '10 - Wayne's first Disney Half Marathon CSR Jan '08 - winter get-a-way POFQ Dec '06 - 1st anniversary AKL Nov '05 - honeymoon
MagicKisses2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 09:51 PM   #1159
kiramay
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Hannah View Post
Okay, since we're all girls here I'm just going to go ahead and ask for some advice for this. I have a small "girlstache" that isn't really noticeable, especially with makeup, but I'm very self conscious about it. Does anyone have a similar problem and know of any long term solutions?
I have a pink electric razor thing that cuts my unibrow and girlstashe very easily. I bought it at target. Looks like a large lipstick tube when closed.

Disney and I have a great history, thanks to my parents. Now I get to share it with my family!
Trip#1 12/27/12-01/03/13, POR
Trip#2 October 2014, POR
Trip#3 WDW Half Marathon 2015

kiramay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 02:29 PM   #1160
dreamit
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cteddiesgirl View Post
I'm trying to figure out makeup as well. I have large pores and oily skin. Even using shine control makeup, I start shining after only a couple of hours. And that's on a daily basis in Indiana. I have very sensitive skin and many products won't work for me. I usually just take a paper napkin or paper towel and blot away the oil, then about mid day have to at least some more powder to my face.
I'm similar, and use MAC Pro Longwear Foundation and layer with a loose, translucent powder. My makeup stays in place all day, and I don't end up getting very oily. When needed, I use oil blotting papers. In the past, I used the generic brand from Target, but the other day was able to pick these up at Dollar Tree.

Me DH DD8
dreamit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 03:25 PM   #1161
hsmamato2
Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad temper
Little house on the prairie was the HEIGHT of t.v

Just tested something new... Becca anti shine primer plus bare minerals loose powder.....it was odd,today I could FEEL the sweat on my face...when i checked the mirror, i was shocked to see the smallest bit of nose shine....i have never had a non greasy looking face in hot sunny weather! The primer is so drying,that i only use it on t zone area....without it,my entire face is the t zone! got it at sephora...i am hooked!
hsmamato2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 01:16 PM   #1162
dreamit
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsmamato2 View Post
Just tested something new... Becca anti shine primer plus bare minerals loose powder.....it was odd,today I could FEEL the sweat on my face...when i checked the mirror, i was shocked to see the smallest bit of nose shine....i have never had a non greasy looking face in hot sunny weather! The primer is so drying,that i only use it on t zone area....without it,my entire face is the t zone! got it at sephora...i am hooked!
When I use Bare Minerals instead of MAC Longwear, I first use the Becca primer, then a dusting of the Mineral Veil, THEN the foundation powder, and then finish with another dusting of Mineral Veil. Together, in this order, it does a great job of controlling shine.

Me DH DD8
Old 07-16-2014, 11:52 AM   #1163
ItsOnlyMoney
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MycatlovesEeyore View Post
My girls and I have had issues with chafing. They like skirts but still gave issues. .
I wear bike shorts under my skirts for chafing issues. I generally buy Champion shorts when they are on sale at the outlets. They are meant for exercising so are absorbent and stay in place and aren't too hot.
Old 07-16-2014, 04:58 PM   #1164
MataHari22
Mouseketeer

This was a great thread for tips and I am not sure where I read it, since it was a few months ago, but I wanted to thank the ladies that suggested golf skirts. I had a gynecological cancer and have had a couple of surgeries and pants and tight shorts, are a no go for me. So I am always in dresses and skirts with boxer shorts under them. Even women's undergarments are too tight and uncomfortable. I finally went today to look for the golf skirts. We have a Dick's Sporting Goods and I got lucky, they were on sale today, buy one get one free. I have 4 skirts to try out. Black, khaki, Kelly green and a black/green/white print.

As for make up, I don't wear it. My hair is in a pixie cut, so it's easy to wash and put a tiny bit of no frizz gel in it, and walk out the door. No brushing, no blow drying. Last year, my hair was the longest it's been in many, many years, and man, it was a frizz fest while in Florida. I just ended up wearing it in a pony tail.

I am a very low maintenance kind of lady. I don't bring a lot of stuff. I try and pack lightly. I only bring a carry on and my backpack. That's it. I will be there 8 nights. When I pack and pick my clothing, I stick to one or two color pallets, and try and make it so that every top goes with every bottom. So that I can mix and match and not bring a ton of clothing. I also like my Downey Wrinkle Release. For shoes, I have a black pair of Rocket Dogs and a white pair of Keds to switch off. Flip flops for the pool. Lots of moisture wicking socks, and I even bring an extra pair of socks into the park and put on a new pair in the afternoon. Great feeling on tired feet.

Last edited by MataHari22; 07-16-2014 at 05:04 PM.
MataHari22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:40 AM   #1165
dreamit
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsOnlyMoney View Post
I wear bike shorts under my skirts for chafing issues. I generally buy Champion shorts when they are on sale at the outlets. They are meant for exercising so are absorbent and stay in place and aren't too hot.
I'm glad to hear these work well! I just bought some to wear under my dresses and skirts at the parks, so I won't have to worry about blowing wind. I was hoping these wouldn't be too hot.

Me DH DD8

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: