Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2014, 11:04 PM   #1936
PixieDustPrincessXO
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnswalker View Post
Is there anything you can do if someone in your apartment refuses to clean? I know I have read they have periodic inspections, but if it is one person that continuously refuses to pull there weight, is there any that can be done?
Not really. I just completed a CP and the apartment was always a mess until I stayed up all night before inspections to clean up everyone's messes with supplies I paid for. We would pass inspections and it would be disgusting within a week.
PixieDustPrincessXO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 12:08 AM   #1937
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieDustPrincessXO

Not really. I just completed a CP and the apartment was always a mess until I stayed up all night before inspections to clean up everyone's messes with supplies I paid for. We would pass inspections and it would be disgusting within a week.
That is basically what my DD said...LoL.
She didn't have problems but one of her final roommates (who she ended up becoming BFFs with!) came from an AWFUL situation!! Her former roommate was a total slob and did some absolutely BIZARRE things!! Other roommates would come home and find her on the living room couch under a blanket and she would not have on ANY clothes...NOTHING!! She constantly made messes in the kitchen and NEVER cleaned up after herself. The other roommates went to "housing" collectively and "housing" set up a mediation meeting amongst ALL the girls and set up a "behavior contract" (or they may have called it something else) but ultimately nothing changed because they can't really impose any consequences. So it's not really enforceable. Basically it just wasted the other girls' time and frustrated them even more. I think the final outcome after months and months of incessant complaining, the immediate roommate (my daughter's friend) was FINALLY granted a move. But I think she complained well over 50 times. It was ridiculous!!
BTW I met and spent time with my DD'S friend. She is a lovely girl!! I am actually friends with her on FB.

Last edited by stitchlovestink; 04-09-2014 at 12:24 AM.
stitchlovestink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2014, 12:35 AM   #1938
carol-lamb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by poison ivy View Post
Can you post this photo? I am curious to see them. How did they decide the bunk vs single sleeping arrangements with the two of them already settled in? I'm guessing it's whomever's side is replaced with the bunk probably gets the new setup. what a mess!
Spring '86, Summer '89, Spring '92, Summer '97, Summer '98, Summer '01, Spring '03, Summer '04, Summer '05, Christmas '05, Summer '06, Christmas '06, Summer '07, Christmas '07, Summer '08, Christmas '08, Winter '09, Summer '09, Fall '09, Christmas '09, Easter '10, May '10, Summer '10, Fall '10, Christmas '10, Spring '11, Summer '11, Fall '11, Christmas '11, March '12, Summer '12, Fall '12, Christmas '12, January '13, March '13, April '13, June '13, Disneyland August '13, January '14, March '14
carol-lamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 07:42 PM   #1939
poison ivy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carol-lamb View Post
wow! they don't look too sturdy.

This may be short lived if someone gets hurt.

I am so sorry for your daughter. I'm glad she's making the best of it, though.
What more can they do.

thanks so much for posting.
poison ivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 09:32 PM   #1940
carol-lamb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by poison ivy View Post
wow! they don't look too sturdy.

This may be short lived if someone gets hurt.

I am so sorry for your daughter. I'm glad she's making the best of it, though.
What more can they do.

thanks so much for posting.
My daughter's college program ended in January so fortunately no bunk bed for her! I'm not sure where she got the picture from.
Spring '86, Summer '89, Spring '92, Summer '97, Summer '98, Summer '01, Spring '03, Summer '04, Summer '05, Christmas '05, Summer '06, Christmas '06, Summer '07, Christmas '07, Summer '08, Christmas '08, Winter '09, Summer '09, Fall '09, Christmas '09, Easter '10, May '10, Summer '10, Fall '10, Christmas '10, Spring '11, Summer '11, Fall '11, Christmas '11, March '12, Summer '12, Fall '12, Christmas '12, January '13, March '13, April '13, June '13, Disneyland August '13, January '14, March '14
carol-lamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 08:58 PM   #1941
mlaw
Mouseketeer

My daughter was notified that they are getting the bunk beds this week and it looks like she will be the one stuck with the bunk. There is no word yet when more girls will be moved in. She is very unhappy about this change but realizes there is nothing she can do about it. At least she is in the bigger of the two bedrooms. What I really don't know is how two more girls will have room in the fridge. DD already has almost no space so that will be interesting.
mlaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: