DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2014, 06:15 PM   #1216
LisaT91403
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by torrey View Post
We rented points and were told by Disney that parking is free for DVC members and their guests. Guest includes those that are renting points.
That is what we were told as well, and that's the policy that was honored when we were there.
LisaT91403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:17 AM   #1217
jerseygal
DIS Veteran

Surprising...So many on here who rent have said they have received free parking!

Guess that Aulani is not following the said policy..Most of the posts that I have read from guests that have rented through Members say that they have received FREE PARKING!

LOVE OUR DVC!
jerseygal is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old Yesterday, 10:37 AM   #1218
wdrl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal View Post
Guess that Aulani is not following the said policy..Most of the posts that I have read from guests that have rented through Members say that they have received FREE PARKING!
I wouldn't put the blame on Aulani for not following the policy. Members who rent their points for cash are suppose to inform Member Services. I suspect a lot of members fail to do that, which makes Member Services think the non-member occupants are true "guests" of the member and are therefore entitled to some of the member benefits.
Old Today, 03:43 PM   #1219
Crazy4Disney06
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know the location of the 8 DVC hotel standard rooms at Aulani?
9-96 ~ WDW - Wilderness Lodge / 6-98 ~ DL (graduation gift) - FairField Inn/ 3-00 ~ DL (DisneyMoon) - Stovalls Inn / 5-03 ~ DL - Super 8/ 7-04 ~ DL - Hyatt Regency Orange County/ 8-21 - 8-27-07 ~ WDW - POP / 10/11 - 10/19/08 ~ WDW - CBR & Disney Wonder / DL ~ 10/5 - 10/9/09 Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel / 12/15 - 12/20/2011 ~ Our first Holiday Season with Mickey @ ASMu / Villas At Disney's Grand Californian Hotel ~ D 12/16 - 12/21/12 /Tinkerbell Half Marathon Weekend @ DL 1/16 - 1/20/14 / Next Up: Aulani Hawaiian Resort 8/24 - 8/30/14 / Tinkerbell Half Marathon Weekend @ DL 5/7 - 5/10/15

DVC Owners Since 3/2012
Crazy4Disney06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:19 PM   #1220
kelleia1a
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwgm2012 View Post
Hi everyone! First, what a truly gorgeous and amazing resort! My boyfriend is "taking me" to Hawaii for my big 4-0 birthday that we'll celebrate while we are there!

I'm hoping to rent points for an ocean view studio and after looking at this thread, I know what rooms I would absolutely love to have...

a few questions: since we are not owners but renters...

* do we have to pay for onsite parking?
* are washer/dryer tokens available for us or do we pay?
* are we able to request a room number (within our reservation type) or does any and all communication with the resort have to go through the owner?

I guess basically, I'm wondering which DVC perks would we get to use while renting... I know not everything would be available to us - so just curious...

thank you everyone for your help!

gina
We just stayed on points that we rented from a friend. We stayed in an ocean view studio (1678). I would stay in that room again anytime. It was dead center under the Aulani arch in the second tower.

When staying in a DVC on points (whether you are a member or rented points), Aulani provides the parking for free.

They also gave me laundry tokens anytime I wanted. They asked if I was a member and I said I wasn't but was staying on points from a friend. They then asked how many loads of laundry I wanted to do and handed over all the tokens.

We knew we wanted a room in the Ewa tower on a high floor and our friend/member put in the request for us. I called in the request just to make sure they had everything. Our room was ready for us as soon as we arrived.

In addition, our card said DVC Room Only, but yet people constantly gave us the DVC discount on purchases at the resort for rentals, Rainbow Reef, etc.

I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Have a great trip!
Kelly
kelleia1a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:21 PM   #1221
wdrl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4Disney06 View Post
Does anyone know the location of the 8 DVC hotel standard rooms at Aulani?
The only thing I know is that the DVC Hotel rooms are in the Waianae side of the resort and that they overlook the Aulani parking garage. I'm hoping you'll be able to shed some more light on their locations after your stay.

We'll be at Aulani starting October 5, 2014, and I plan on finding out exactly where the eight Hotel rooms are located. I figure either the Concierge Desk CMs or the DVC sales CMs might know where the rooms are located.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: