The Internet's Largest and Friendliest Disney Community WDWinfo.com | DISboards.com | Dreams Unlimited Travel
DISboards
Sheraton Resort Orlando
Beautiful Rooms and Atmosphere

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions > Hotel & Accommodations Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2014, 01:21 PM   #1081
chalee94
I thought all sand was ground up rocks
He's used to walking n00bies

i would check out this link for booking SVR (i think it is sheraton direct but it gives a cheaper option if you skip the housekeeping):

http://allears.net/acc/faq_svistana.htm

chalee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 08:05 PM   #1082
bankr63
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalee94 View Post
i would check out this link for booking SVR (i think it is sheraton direct but it gives a cheaper option if you skip the housekeeping):

http://allears.net/acc/faq_svistana.htm
Yes, the link directs you to the Starwood (Sheraton) site. It looks like it applies a rate code "AEARS" to your reservation, that will provide a certain discount. No Housekeeping is always available (it is the norm at timeshare properties), you can book this option direct with Starwood or most TA's. The rates seem reasonable for the resort, be sure you understand the cancellation rules.

It's kind of fun to do the impossible. - Walt Disney

Last trip to WDW and US, March 8-17, 2013
Next trip planned for March 13-22 2015 - driving 1,500 miles on Friday the 13th
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2014, 08:22 PM   #1083
blakefamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankr63 View Post
Gina gave you a breakdown on the sections elsewhere.

Don't count Zimmies out - there were 5 different projects listed to be completed between summer and December - that doesn't mean they will all be going at the same time. Zimmies has both indoor and outdoor sections and one or the other is likely to remain open; there's a good possibility that both could be open. There is also the Cascades Bar and Grill, the Liki Tiki Bar and the Snack Shack (took the place of the food court last year). Also, the Marketplace has a really nice deli counter and makes fresh sandwiches to order. After that, you are heading off-site where there are lots of nearby options, or have something delivered to the resort. Ci-Ci's pizza is popular and has a nearby location.

We find the resort very manageable for walking, but we aren't afraid to walk a bit. Compared to the distances you walk at Disney, everything is just around the corner. There are sidewalks throughout, many that skirt along the lovely ponds. My best advice would be to pull the resort up on google maps and zoom in close. You can get a pretty good feel for the distances just by looking online.

Vistana runs shuttles to the park, free for hotel stay guests, fee for owners and timeshare stays. They offer a very limited number of trips per day. I would not recommend them; the convenience of a car is far superior; you can come and go from the parks as you please.
THANKS SO MUCH
We plan to rent a car, so we will just use that. Glad to hear there are several dining options. We also plan to cook in the unit too.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:51 PM   #1084
Melissa8905
Mouseketeer

New to Sheraton Vistana Villages

Hey All! I'm so glad I found this board. Yesterday I booked at 4 night/5 day stay for my family at Sheraton Vistana Villages Resort for September 2014.

Starwood emailed me a great deal that I couldn't pass up: for the price of one night at a Disney Deluxe resort, I have 4 nights at Sheraton Vistana with a kitchenette, bedroom, washer/dryer, etc. We were planning on going in September, so it was a no-brainer!

We usually stay on Disney property, but 2 years ago I was very dismayed about the large, noisy crowds (in lobby & restaurants) in the evenings at the Polynesian Resort. Even the breakfasts were crowded and noisy . I felt like we needed more peace and relaxation at the resort we're staying at, especially after a day of commando-Disney.

Anyway, this is a very helpful board, so thank you!
Melissa8905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 03:29 PM   #1085
FrankieDplus3
Can't wait to go back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa8905 View Post
Hey All! I'm so glad I found this board. Yesterday I booked at 4 night/5 day stay for my family at Sheraton Vistana Villages Resort for September 2014. Starwood emailed me a great deal that I couldn't pass up: for the price of one night at a Disney Deluxe resort, I have 4 nights at Sheraton Vistana with a kitchenette, bedroom, washer/dryer, etc. We were planning on going in September, so it was a no-brainer! We usually stay on Disney property, but 2 years ago I was very dismayed about the large, noisy crowds (in lobby & restaurants) in the evenings at the Polynesian Resort. Even the breakfasts were crowded and noisy . I felt like we needed more peace and relaxation at the resort we're staying at, especially after a day of commando-Disney. Anyway, this is a very helpful board, so thank you!
Just a quick FYI. This board is specific to Sheraton Vistana RESORT. The VILLAGES is a different location.

I've never been to Villages, but, I hear it is just as nice, but, a little further away than the "Resort".

Enjoy your Vacation!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
FrankieDplus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 06:08 PM   #1086
keeperof4
Earning My Ears

Booo hooo

What a season to miss Orlando! Had to pass on SVR this year .Kids braces really blew a hole our plans last year.As luck would have it?? ,its been one of the worst winters here in years.But? on a good note our kids teeth are really looking great,and friends of ours want to treat us to Magic Kingdom with them next Feb.That we will gladly accept!! We have also arranged to have them stay at our favorite resort. To all that were so lucky to get away we hope you all had a wonderful time.PS I still have over 5ft. of snow in my front yard.
keeperof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 06:49 PM   #1087
chalee94

Quote:
Hey All! I'm so glad I found this board. Yesterday I booked at 4 night/5 day stay for my family at Sheraton Vistana Villages Resort for September 2014.
you'll find more info about the villages here:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2854036

Old 04-04-2014, 08:42 AM   #1088
Melissa8905
Mouseketeer

Thanks and sorry

Hey guys, thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Sorry about crashing your board.
Melissa8905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 09:04 AM   #1089
chalee94

Quote:
Hey guys, thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Sorry about crashing your board.
no problem. i'm sure the villages will be great!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: