Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2013, 05:03 PM   #1
ewhite15
Earning My Ears

Parkhopping and staying off property

Hey everyone! So we've been to WDW thousands of times so parkhopping makes sense for us, and it's what were used to. However this trip will be the first staying off property. I'm wondering where we should park? We don't really know where we'll end up. Can we park a TTC and just go wherever we need to go? I'm worried about parking at one park and not being able to get back if it's too late. If we just drove would we have to pay for parking AGAIN at another park the same day? Thanks in advance.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:05 PM   #2
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewhite15 View Post
Hey everyone! So we've been to WDW thousands of times so parkhopping makes sense for us, and it's what were used to. However this trip will be the first staying off property. I'm wondering where we should park? We don't really know where we'll end up. Can we park a TTC and just go wherever we need to go? I'm worried about parking at one park and not being able to get back if it's too late. If we just drove would we have to pay for parking AGAIN at another park the same day? Thanks in advance.
You only have to pay for parking once per day. Just keep your receipt to show the next parking attendant.

And to the Disboards!
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-13-2013, 05:12 PM   #3
firecracker725
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Your concern about not being able to get back to a park before closing is a valid one. Your best bet is to just drive, and no you will not be charged again to park.

-------------
firecracker725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:13 PM   #4
Shelly F - Ohio
Disney Extraordinaire

As for parking I would just drive to each park, otherwise you will spend a good amount of time trying to get to your car from another park.

CBR - 2004 & Joined DVC 2004,
DCL 4 night- 2005,
SSR - Feb 2005, 06, & 09, Oct 08, May 2011, Oct 12, Feb 13..... CSR 07,... AKV Sept 2008,2012,2013... VWL Feb 2009, 2010, 2012 ... OKW Sept 2009, Feb2012...BCV 2013, 2014
Shelly F - Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:30 PM   #5
dsneprincess
DIS Veteran

I agree with the above. We parkhop & drive from lot to lot so there is never an issue with getting back to the car.
dsneprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:55 PM   #6
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It's really pretty easy getting around WDW by car. The signage is better than any town you've ever driven through. Our first visit to WDW was offsite, long before the days of GPS, and we found the hardest part was getting back to our condo. So many signs lead us to WDW/MK, etc. but none led us back.
The parking receipt is a rather large card so it's easy to show at the next parking entrance.

You may find that having a car in WDW is really nice: lots of AC in your face, guaranteed soft comfy seats for everyone in your family, no stranger's smelly armpit in your face, and no need to stop at another resort to pick up more people. We especially liked having a car when our children were in car seats & booster seats.

ruadisneyfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:20 PM   #7
gdrj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
. I'm wondering where we should park? We don't really know where we'll end up. Can we park a TTC and just go wherever we need to go? I'm worried about parking at one park and not being able to get back if it's too late. If we just drove would we have to pay for parking AGAIN at another park the same day? Thanks in advance.
I would park at TTC if I was going to visit MK as well as Epcot, and just take Monorail. Since MK typically is open later transportation would not be an issue. AK I would definitely drive. If I was doing Epcot and HS. I would check closing times and park at HS and boat to EPCOT. Might just be me but going from parking lot to parking kind of stops and starts the vacation time during the day. I want to just lose myself for the day.
gdrj is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: