Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2014, 01:07 PM   #1156
fairy8i8
Spread the Magic!

Last week's ad said one per transaction in the fine print, but I haven't bought them yet so what actually happens, I don't know.
fairy8i8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 01:18 PM   #1157
djmeredith
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillow View Post
After you fill 5 prescriptions (and charge them to your Redcard), you get a coupon for 5% off to be used in any one day. You can combine that with your normal 5% off Redcard discount (which you always get when using your Redcard). So, you get a total of 9.75% off (not exactly 10% since you take the second 5% discount off an already discounted amount). Jodie
Just to clarify, prescriptions do NOT have to paid for using the Red Card to qualify as one of the 5 prescriptions needed to earn a Pharmacy Reward 5% off coupon. I have used both my bank debit card and my insurance FSA debit card and received credit towards the reward. The official rules just say if you don't use your Red Card to pay, you have to be sure to give them your Rewards account info at time of purchase in order to receive credit.
djmeredith is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-05-2014, 03:44 PM   #1158
pillow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmeredith View Post
Just to clarify, prescriptions do NOT have to paid for using the Red Card to qualify as one of the 5 prescriptions needed to earn a Pharmacy Reward 5% off coupon. I have used both my bank debit card and my insurance FSA debit card and received credit towards the reward. The official rules just say if you don't use your Red Card to pay, you have to be sure to give them your Rewards account info at time of purchase in order to receive credit.
Didn't know that - thanks!

Jodie
pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:52 PM   #1159
michelle06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keishashadow View Post
In ad that starts tomorrow, for a $100 purchase of several different GCs (including Disney), GE is offering a $10 off coupon at the register for next shopping trip.

I called local store with a couple of questions this morning, which they couldn't answer as to whether promotion is limited to one per transaction or one per customer for the entire promotion period.

The closest store is a bit out of my way, if anybody can confirm the details, please post.
What store is GE?
Old 03-05-2014, 10:05 PM   #1160
jcano
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle06 View Post
What store is GE?
Giant Eagle
Grocery stores in PA and I'm sure other places. That's just where I've seen them.

1993 Off-site, 2002 Off-site, 2007 ASMo, 2008 POP, 12/2011 POFQ, beginning to plan for November 2014
jcano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:35 AM   #1161
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fun2world View Post
I did this last week. Suggest you do it as separate transaction for 100$ each time. The 10$ has restriction not to be used for GC purchase but I got a nice girl helped me override 3 times in a row. (so just had one 10$ coupon left to be used for other purchases later)
thank you. I need $1,000 in GC to pay off my cruise, guess I could ask the clerk if she'd ring each $100 card up separately. If I get my nerve up, will post back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairy8i8 View Post
Last week's ad said one per transaction in the fine print, but I haven't bought them yet so what actually happens, I don't know.
I've had issues getting their ads in the mail this winter, signed up for their email notifications yesterday so I don't miss out.

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 10:43 AM   #1162
bernina
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcano View Post
Giant Eagle
Grocery stores in PA and I'm sure other places. That's just where I've seen them.
Wish we had Giant Eagle in Michigan
Old 03-06-2014, 10:45 AM   #1163
jcano
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernina View Post
Wish we had Giant Eagle in Michigan
Me too! The one where my DD lives is awesome!

Kroger also carries gift cards, and I believe people have mentioned specials where you get gas discounts. Keeping an eye out for that.

1993 Off-site, 2002 Off-site, 2007 ASMo, 2008 POP, 12/2011 POFQ, beginning to plan for November 2014
jcano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 04:33 PM   #1164
pillow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcano View Post
Me too! The one where my DD lives is awesome!

Kroger also carries gift cards, and I believe people have mentioned specials where you get gas discounts. Keeping an eye out for that.
Kroger does a 4x fuel points promo at various times/year on gift cards - usually Easter, Fathers Day, back to school, and Thanksgiving. It works out to 14% off (savings in fuel) if you get the full 35 gallons when you fill up (I take fuel cans). You just have to be careful not to buy more gift cards than you can use in fuel points. Points expire at the end of the next month.

Jodie
Old 03-06-2014, 09:53 PM   #1165
TheDeputysWife
Earning My Ears

I went to my GE today and purchased $300 worth of GC. I had to go to a different register for each purchase. The coupons expire 3/27/14 and you can only use one coupon per purchase, so if you buy lots of them you will have to figure out a strategy to use all those coupons up. It's definitely worth it though. I'm planning on going back this week and getting a couple more GC.

Last edited by TheDeputysWife; 03-06-2014 at 09:54 PM. Reason: misspelling
TheDeputysWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:52 AM   #1166
auger
DIS Veteran

Is there a place to print the coupon online, or do you have to get it from the ad in the store?
I tried pulling up the ad, but can only get it in itemized form, rather than the actual picture ad.
So I can't seem to find the coupon.
auger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:25 AM   #1167
SMCURT28
Earning My Ears

Regarding GE gift card deal......The cards have to be purchased in store. I will be purchasing 10 - $100 cards. In order to get the $10 off the cards have to be purchase separately. The $10 coupons have to be used by 3/27/14 and can't be used on a discount for future gift cards; they have to be used for groceries. A couple things to keep in mind. I was informed by the store manager that most of the GE stores ( and others as well) have internal protection in their card readers to prevent double transactions from occuring, so to avoid an issue at the register if you are going to run multiple cards through at one visit, you should add a pack of gum (or two) to the card transaction so that you don't too many transactions at $100 even. I did this last night when I purchased 4 cards. I ran one at $100, one at $101, $102, and $102.39. All worked fine on GE's end. In addition, with the influx of ID theft, most credit card security units monitor multiple quick transactions at retailers which is typically what happens if a card is stolen. Therefore, be prepared to have your card declined if you try to run too many through in close proximity. This is why I only ran 4 through last night and will run my other six through on subsequent days. You could also contact your card company and have them notate your account that you will be making these transactions, but the problem with that is the declination of your card is being made by computer software and not a human, so I think you will still end up calling your card company from the register.

Also keep remember that GE is still offering the 10 cents off (worth $3 on 30 gallons of gas max) of gas per $50 spent (so 20 cents per $100 card or $6), so each $100 gift card purchase is actually getting you $16 back or 16% (best deal going by far)!!!!!!!!

The store manager told me when I purchase my groceries the following weekend to inform the cashier that she said it was OK to run all 10 of my $10 discounts at one time. This actually saves them time by running separate transactions and breaking up my grocery order into smaller increments.
SMCURT28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 08:41 PM   #1168
dwight16
Mouseketeer

Does costco not always sell Disney giftcards? I know BJS does for about 4% off I guess target is still the best deal around.
dwight16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 08:50 PM   #1169
ltl engine
Mouseketeer

Target GC

Went today with my prescription reward....just a word of caution. When they were scanning the barcodes a few said barcode invalid. The cashier did not notice the first 2 times, the third time she noticed. It turns out I had about invalid barcodes in my batch. I knew the total dollar amount I needed so I just got some more cards. The problem is the cashier gave me all the cards with my receipt and said good luck figuring out which are invalid. I had to go through all the cards to see which were not on my receipt.

8/2005-All Star Movies; 8/2006-VWL
4/2008-VWL & DCL
9/2009-BCV/BLT; 5/2011 RPR & Nick
12/2012 GCH
5/2014-WL & RPR
ltl engine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 08:47 AM   #1170
pillow
DIS Veteran

Kroger 4x fuel promo starts today!!

Just a heads up. The promo starts today and runs through the 4/22.

Jodie

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: