Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2014, 09:31 AM   #481
Suelala
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensonny View Post
Hello all,

I'll be staying at the Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter on 5-29 through 6-2. This will be my first trip to the world
Welcome to WDW! I'll bet it wont be your LAST trip! Enjoy!
Suelala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 12:53 PM   #482
TaleAsOldAsTime13
Earning My Ears

Going to WDW for my FIRST ever solo trip! 09/03-09/10 and staying at Pop Century. My sister and I had been planning to go but after much deliberation, and weighing options just figured it would be best.. None the less I am excited to be going!

Last edited by TaleAsOldAsTime13; 06-01-2014 at 11:06 AM.
TaleAsOldAsTime13 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-25-2014, 12:19 PM   #483
TPTraveler
Mouseketeer

Heading back to WDW 11/16-23 for another solo journey. Too excited for words.

Just returned from a sisters only trip earlier this May and while that was a tremendous amount of fun and a wonderful experience I am glad that I am lucky enough to get to go again later this year.

Yacht Club 2014 Beach Club 2014 * Yacht Club 2013 * Polynesian 2012, 2010, 2008 * Boardwalk Inn 2011, 2006 * Contemporary 2006, 2005 * Port Orleans French Quarter 2003, 2000, 1999, 1998 * Coronado Springs 2002
TPTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 09:42 AM   #484
Oodalally13
Mouseketeer

Have a question....

Trying to plan ahead and maybe plan my first ever solo event, but it would take a LOT of advanced planning and begging for days off at work depending on what is going on.

Soooo....

1) Is the 24 hr event always the same corresponding date of the year (this year it was the 23 of May, next year it will be 22?). Is there any way to know this far in advance when it will be?

2) Can you do a SWW event the same weekend/trip as the 24 hr?

3) What's the usual cost for a solo? I figured some of yall might have a generic idea. I would probably stay at a value resort as I wouldnt be spending much time in it.
One little spark, lights up for you.

1st: 2003--WDW Band Trip (Senior in HS)
2nd: 2010--WDW Band Trip (teacher chaperone)
3rd: 2014--WDW Band Trip (teacher chaperone)
4th: June 2014--WDW taking parents for their FIRST trip
Oodalally13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 10:05 AM   #485
DaisyDuck001
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oodalally13 View Post
What's the usual cost for a solo? I figured some of yall might have a generic idea. I would probably stay at a value resort as I wouldnt be spending much time in it.
The cost depends on numerous circumstances and choices that you will make: how far away do you live, will you fly or drive, accommodations, dining, souvenirs, type of park tickets, etc. No one else can tell you what it will cost, as there are too many variables. To minimize the cost, you could stay off property, and avoid steak meals on property now that they are upwards of $30. Check out mousesavers.com for other ways to keep cost down.
DaisyDuck001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 07:13 PM   #486
Orlando or Bust
Earning My Ears

I am thinking about going to WDW either the end of July or the start of August on my own.I have done it before and it was miserable as I wish I had some company at some point. So if anyone wants to meet up then let me know. I have been before many times with my children and my fiancé but he cant make it so I am going alone.
Orlando or Bust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 07:46 PM   #487
horse11
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL View Post
I have a quick solo fr Halloween. I'll be at MNSSHP that night, then I have one day where I was planning MK in the morning, then DHS until Fantasmic! i might squeeze in Epcot as well. Any other Halloween geeks gonna be around?
OMG! My husband and I are HUGE into halloween! We would love to open our own haunted house some day. We even have two of our three kids born in October. We tell everyone we are breeding Haunters. There is a huge Halloween convention/trade show in St Louis in March that we go to yearly sponsered by Transworld. I have a confrence for work in Tampa in October and will be doing a short side trip at WDW October 9th through the 12th. I really want to go to experience MNSSHP. This will be my first solo trip ever. I have tried to talk friends into going with me but none could go wih such short notice due to finances. I am a bit nervous going solo since I am a social creature by nature and would love to meet up with a group who are in the same boat. I hope you had a great trip!
horse11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 09:51 AM   #488
shelby3387
Earning My Ears

My boyfriend and I are going 9/18-9/24, I haven't been in years and this is his first trip!

SH & KW
shelby3387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 12:14 PM   #489
Suelala
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby3387 View Post
My boyfriend and I are going 9/18-9/24, I haven't been in years and this is his first trip!
Have fun! (I know you will!)
Suelala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 04:45 AM   #490
tiggeragec
Earning My Ears

Friday Sept 26

hi,

Anyone want to eat around the world? I am also willing to do MNSHP.

I have a day before my cruise.
tiggeragec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 09:48 PM   #491
JasonDeyoung30
Earning My Ears

I just got back from another wdw trip and was awesome as always
JasonDeyoung30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 09:40 PM   #492
TOONager
Earning My Ears

Labor Day Weekend 2014

I'm planning on going to WDW over Labor Day weekend and am just going to wing it on everything (other than where I'm staying), so if anyone else is interested in joining me on this adventure, the more the merrier!
TOONager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 08:49 AM   #493
dhirebet
experiment 626

Cool first solo trip

So I am planning my first trip to WDW since childhood, and it has turned out to be a mostly solo trip.

I am kind of nervous, but have been reading and think I have a strategy to where being a singleton wont be the worst thing ever! However, I am a very social person, so if there are any other solo travelers planning to also be at WDW 10/10-18 2014, I would love to hang out and do some rides or dinner/drinks one of those days!

Also, any tips or suggestions for solo travelers would be awesome. It is actually my first solo vacation ever as well! EEP! Go big or go home, i guess!
dhirebet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 10:10 PM   #494
JasonDeyoung30
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhirebet View Post
So I am planning my first trip to WDW since childhood, and it has turned out to be a mostly solo trip. I am kind of nervous, but have been reading and think I have a strategy to where being a singleton wont be the worst thing ever! However, I am a very social person, so if there are any other solo travelers planning to also be at WDW 10/10-18 2014, I would love to hang out and do some rides or dinner/drinks one of those days! Also, any tips or suggestions for solo travelers would be awesome. It is actually my first solo vacation ever as well! EEP! Go big or go home, i guess!
Solo trips in my opinion are a lot of fun as long as you make it fun. You get to do whatever, whenever you want. A lot of times the ride wait times are shorter (single lines) or needing solo riders. Eating out, a lot of places have seating that you don't wait for that a lot don't know about. Example, rainforest cafe. They could have a 45 minute + wait, but you can walk in and sit at the bar with no wait, very easy if you're by yourself. A lot of places do this, they just don't advertise it to the world. Just go, have fun. I have met so many people over my solo trips

Last edited by JasonDeyoung30; 07-26-2014 at 09:20 AM.
JasonDeyoung30 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: