Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Yesterday, 07:45 AM   #1666
turkey1031
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillow

Way back when I opened my DVA, I did a bunch of reading on what you can/cannot do with one. From what I read, I do not think you'll be able to do the above. I THINK the idea is to use it for ticket/package/cruise purchases, not hotel room/meal purchases. Please report back. I would love to know if this works for you. Good luck!

Jodie
I also thought I heard you couldn't use it for room charges. Best you could do was request a gift card for up to $500 from your dva to use for room charges.
Old Yesterday, 07:57 AM   #1667
pillow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey1031 View Post
I also thought I heard you couldn't use it for room charges. Best you could do was request a gift card for up to $500 from your dva to use for room charges.
That was my understanding as well.

Jodie
pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old Yesterday, 08:47 AM   #1668
cattywampus
Mouseketeer

They may prefer you use DVA towards higher price packages, but I'm not sure they can restrict use of the account and/or gift cards (by limiting how many you can use for a transaction) without regulatory issues. Also, since account number works the same as a GC on a transaction, I'm not sure how or why it could be stopped. Though, I could see a CM getting nervous they don't physically have a GC in front of them.

I don't know how DVA is set up as a program (banking wise), but I am definitely experimenting and accept the risk that I may not be able to use DVA the way I intend to. That's why I still have all the GCs and receipts, in case I have to back them all out and use individually on next trip.

I'm in a unique place of having three trips between now and Nov and being able to tie up some cash in GCs, knowing I can eventually use them in next 90 days, so I am definitely pushing the envelope to see how it all works. I'm not shy about getting managers involved either and/or raising a stink where appropriate (not at frontline CMs).

Sometimes Disney seems to make it hard to give them money. We'll see on this one.
cattywampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:24 AM   #1669
cattywampus
Mouseketeer

Double post.

Last edited by cattywampus; Yesterday at 06:15 PM.
cattywampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:43 PM   #1670
MaleficentRN
DIS Veteran

If you live near an Ahart's, they have a special this week. Spend $100 on gift cards, get a $10 Catalina coupon for future grocery purchase of $50 or more.
I bought all the Disney Cards they had in stock, $200, in two separate purchases and got a $10 coupon each time. So don't let them tell you it's only for the gift cards pictured in the ad.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: