Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2014, 05:55 AM   #1531
natebenma
DIS Veteran

You rocked that wrapup!

That is all.
natebenma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 09:14 AM   #1532
GoofyFan1515
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
We loved having some time with you at dinner and the grocery run. It was great that we were able to help you out and it was a pleasure doing so.
Register to remove

Old 10-19-2014, 12:13 PM   #1533
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Great wrap-up!

Great report and pics. Sorry it rained on you some days but seems like you all made the best of it.

Looking forward to the next one.
scottny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 12:49 PM   #1534
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Great recap. I'm glad you got all that quality family time in while you still can.
Thanks Andy!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Been away from the DIS, but I'm finally caught up! Great wrap-up. I'm really glad you had this time with your family. Especially, as you noted, since they're growing up so fast. Amazing how that goes. I'm really glad this was such a special time and that you loved the THV so much. So many great memories!
I have been away as well, not really intentionally but well, life!

It was a great trip!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Love the mickey sketch.

Great recap, thanks so much for sharing your trip with us!

The pics of your parents are too cute!!
Isn't that sketch cute? My parents too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
So wonderful Cynthia!!! This was a great TR and great recap!
Where did you get that drawing for Eric?? I LOVE IT!
We got it at the art kiosk at the art store in DHS but the have them at all the art kiosks and now have added that one to the Disney Store. I was kind of bummed to see it online as it made it a little less special and unique but since Eric doesn't know, that's ok!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
As I did with the Alaska cruise TR, I will be going back to read and take notes since we're copying you again!

We have still got our plans to do MK on NYE. I was leaning toward Epcot, but I was flatly overruled by my fellow planner (Dave). I'm preparing for the worst. Hope to get some FP+ to ease the pain. But we got a late breakfast at Crystal Palace and a late dinner at BOG, so that should provide us with some respite.
Keep us in your prayers!

Can't wait to read about more of your adventures!!
I will be thinking of you on the 31st! Dave is brave, that's a long long day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynK View Post
Nice recap! It IS sad when you realize these kinds of trips with the kids may never be the same. We were just talking about maybe buying a set of APs (need some credit card spend) but with my second kid off to college next year, I don't know if we should do it?
Looking forward to your next TR!
I hear you, it's tough. I just borrowed all of our 2015 points yesterday to book most of the Aulani trip, which really means no trip in 2016 but that's hard to swallow! Or at least no family trip. When this pass expires in April I am not actually sure when I will be going next or getting my next pass, if I even do an AP! So sad!!!!!!
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 12:55 PM   #1535
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Cynthia, I've been meaning to ask, how is your Dad doing?
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 08:29 AM   #1536
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
I love the last day of your parents. How sweet. Amazing how the crowds drop off when everyone else returns to the real world after the holidays.
Yes, they didn't drop off as early as we would have liked! Oh well, that's how the holiday fell I guess. My parents definitely had a great last day.

Quote:
We loved having some time with you at dinner and the grocery run. It was great that we were able to help you out and it was a pleasure doing so.

You had some great family memories that everyone will look back on as a blast!!!!
You were such a huge help! And I am so glad we got to hang out a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
I finally get back on the DISboards after a 3 week absence to go on our DCL/WDW trip and you're finished?!?!? Oh but what a finish!!! Fantastic finale finish for followers! I really enjoy your TR's. You always give me ideas for new things to try, places to eat and sights to see. Not to be pushy but when's the next one?
Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
You rocked that wrapup!

That is all.
Awww, thanks Dee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyFan1515 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Great wrap-up!

Great report and pics. Sorry it rained on you some days but seems like you all made the best of it.

Looking forward to the next one.
Thanks Scott! I need to go sub to your latest, I swear I don't know if I am coming or going these days. Looking forward to some time at home in the not too distant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Cynthia, I've been meaning to ask, how is your Dad doing?
Thank you so much for asking!!!!!!!! He is doing really well. He got "sprung" on the 10th, walked my sister down the aisle on the 11th, was driving my mom's car by the 13th and his car (stick shift) by the 18th!

It is SO nice to have him home, they are both (my parents) pretty overwhelmed with everything and living in the midst of boxes but hopefully over the next few weeks can get a lot more settled in, unpacked and the house listed.

I've been thinking about Alisha and your mom, I hope all is well or as well as it can be and your mom is comfortable and Alisha is getting some more answers and a plan. I need to get over and catch up!
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 09:49 AM   #1537
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

That's wonderful that your dad is finally out and so active! I bet he's happy as a clam to be out of there! I kept meaning to ask when you mentioned helping them move, they finally decided to move houses?

Aulani trip?

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 10:53 AM   #1538
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Thats great your dad is doing so well! I hope they get settled soon. I know how frustrating it can be to not know where your stuff is!
Alison ~~~~ A Haunting, plundering, and Fiesta Caliente | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: