Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2014, 07:59 PM   #226
Heluvsme
DIS Veteran

Great update!!

I am looking forward to WWoHP like you, and like you I'm hoping to not have my hopes up too high. I am a little worried about my husband's shoulders fitting into the seats on Forbidden Journey. Fingers crossed, he wants to go on it so badly.

Mythos is also my one place I want to eat.... Can't wait!!

Thanks for the update!
Old 04-09-2014, 09:02 PM   #227
LuvEeyore
DIS Veteran

Great updates!!
Riverside-12/1995 , off property 10-1994, Carribean Beach 1/1994, off property 1977
LuvEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2014, 02:48 PM   #228
mrsabbott
Mouseketeer

Just have a second to pop in! No time today for another update, but hopefully I can get one done tomorrow! I am really enjoying the process of reliving our trip through a trip report!

Hubs and I were joking last night that we were going to just get up and go to Florida tomorrow instead of going to work/school! We were also dreaming about annual passes and how often we would use them if we had them! I wonder if it would be possible to get tired of Universal? Is there such a thing as too much? ....Nah!

mrsabbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 07:05 PM   #229
wendy3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsabbott View Post
Is there such a thing as too much? ....Nah!
My motto is "If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing"
wendy3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 02:55 PM   #230
mrsabbott
Mouseketeer

Slumber party for the girls last night and lots of yard work today.. I will get back to my trip report ASAP! I brought some of the Florida sunshine home with me and I have to take advantage of it and get some stuff done!!

Old Yesterday, 06:01 PM   #231
mrsabbott
Mouseketeer

Trip Report Part 4: Universal IofA Day 1 Episode 2

Sorry that it has taken so long to get back to this TR.. Life has been a little crazy here lately and I took advantage of the nice weather to get some work done outside this weekend.. just in time for the snow. 89 one day, 38 the next.. Wouldn't be dealing with this kinda thing if we were in FLORIDA!!

Anyhoo, I think I left off at our lunch at Mythos.. Which was amazing and I can't possibly recommend this place enough. I wish I were there now..

We ate and the entire time Punky and Pod were talking about the Poseidon's Fury and how much they wanted me to see it. It was a 30 minute wait at that point, so I said we would try to come back. We headed over to the Dr. Seuss area because there was a lot more there that seemed Buds appropriate, plus Boo needed a BIG dose of happy.. She was still slightly subdued by the Forbidden Journey experience. Actually, she thought Poseidon's Fury was a little on the scary side and didn't have much of a desire to see it again either.

I've got to say, I just LOVE the Dr. Seuss area. We're all Seuss fans in our family, Hubs included. I am just completely wowed by the theming in this area.. the whole park actually.

The first thing we went to rode was the High in the Sky Seuss Trolley. I was a little surprised that Buds wasn't allowed on this ride. I measured him before we left and THOUGHT he was.. but after being allowed on Flight of the Hippogriff it was kind of a shock that he couldn't ride the Trolley. I guess it wasn't as secure or something?? The girls and I waited in line for it while Hubs took Buds to look around at other stuff and to ride the CaroSeussel. The line for this ride was super long but the ride itself was very cute. It afforded some nice views but it wasn't something we wanted to ride again. They did take pics of us and I got suckered into buying a couple of them. They were cute, although $20 for 2 pictures seemed rather excessive to me. But the girls really wanted them and they WERE cute and we WERE on vacation.. If I ever figure out how to get my printer to scan, I'll post them. We opted to get stars put on our tummies (you'll know what I mean if you go ride it) but the story in the queue did give a nice little opportunity to discuss a life lesson with the girls.

So, Hubs is texting me to hurry up and meet him (had to stop and get fresh batteries on the camera which is why I only have one from the Trolley ride). We nearly missed getting to see The Cat in the Hat and Thing 1 and Thing 2. Hubs got good pics on his phone of Buds (which I need to download) but I did get a couple with my camera!

We then rode One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish a couple of times, which was a favorite of the kids.

The Caroseussel was super fun as well! So cute!

Punky took this pic of Hubs and I while we were waiting:

After that, we rode the Cat in the Hat ride, which was a long wait but also a cute ride!

I was so tempted to buy the kids Thing shirts.. something I wanted to get for them before we left but it didn't happen. They were pretty pricey though and all I kept thinking was that I could get them done for much cheaper on my own. I didn't get them, but I do think I will get them done. Hubs thought I should buy some Grinch pajamas they had.. I wonder what he was trying to imply.. Hmmm..

So, Hubs REALLY wanted to ride the Hulk coaster, so we headed over to the Comic Book section of the park. It was a long wait for Hulk. An hour or something. There was some sort of spinning ride that the girls wanted to go on.. I don't care for spinning rides. I've apparently gotten wimpy in my old age. Punky and Pod rode together (they spun that thing around fast! Ugh!) while I rode with Boo and Buds. Buds was big enough for that ride. I concentrated the entire time on NOT hurling.

After that, we grabbed a snack out of our snack bag and then went off to explore that area. It was nicely done. The kids saw a giant claw game where you could get a giant minion and just HAD to play it. Their arcade there is ridiculously expensive! And I'm sure you can guess that no minion was won.. We then walked on a bit and I got the girls a dippin' dots to split. After that, Hubs texted me to let me know it was almost his turn so we headed over to the bridge under the coaster to wait for him. He said that it was way fun!

It was getting pretty late at this point and I wanted to go to Honeydukes and get my candy and to try butterbeer again. We made our way back to Harry Potter World and Hubs took the kids while I went into Honeydukes. I think you will remember that I had the bright idea to wait until the end of the day to buy our candy.. and so did the rest of the park visitors. It. Was. Packed.

There as a line to check out wrapping around the store. I was so glad that I didn't have the kids in there with me. I'll tell you something that really irked me though. The groups of people (mainly teens, it looked like) who would just STAND there, talking. Not looking at stuff, not shopping, not even discussing Harry Potter. Nope, they were just standing in the middle of the aisles, in groups, talking about who said what to someone else. Perhaps this makes me the crochety old person but, honestly, isn't it rude to take up space in an already crowded store and getting in the way of actual customers when you aren't even buying anything? I don't know. Maybe I was just grumpy after a long day.

I quickly grabbed a couple of Chocolate Frogs, a Bertie Botts, some Sherbert Lemons in the keepsake Honeyduke's jar, a Pumpkin Juice, and some Fizzing Whizbies. I left Honeyduke's and went over to a cart selling key chains and picked one out for myself (a ticket for the Hogwarts Express). After making my purchases, I met up with everyone and Hubs went to ride the other Dragon Challenge coaster. I got in the LOOOOONG line to get a couple more Butterbeers. The kids wanted to try Pumpkin Juice, so I bought a 2nd one at the Butterbeer cart.

Now, I actually enjoyed the Butterbeer more the 2nd time around, now that I knew the trick of NOT drinking it right from the straw before it has a chance to blend. The kids took a few drinks of the Pumpkin Juice and while they said they liked it, they weren't blown away. I, however, REALLY enjoyed it! It's like pumpkin pie in a bottle! I kinda think that I MIGHT like it a little more then the Butterbeer..

I texted Hubs (he was still in line) and let him know we were heading towards the front of the park. Everything was closing and the girls were going to just DIE if they didn't get to buy the fuzzy unicorn stuffed animals they saw when we first got there. We wouldn't let them buy them when we first arrived because we didn't want to lug them around. It is the stuffed unicorn like the one in Despicable Me (which is probably one of our favorite movies now).

Hubs met up with us as we were making our purchases. He bought a thing of Pepper Imps and some Peppermint Toads. The girls kept hugging and shaking those unicorns and saying, "IT'S SO FUZZY I WANNA DIE!!" as we made our way out of the park and to our car. Did I get a picture? Of course not.
We also got a few pressed pennies along the way to commemorate the day!

We broke open the Peppermint Toads in the car and they were delicious! We were all pretty hungry and decided to stop at Super Target on the way home to grab something to eat (and a light colored bra for me so that I could actually wear the clothes I brought with me). Gosh, I love Super Target! Not only did they have plenty of veggie maki rolls available, they had plenty of bras that are actually MY SIZE.. which the Target here doesn't have much of. (Sorry, guys! Pretend I didn't bring that up again!) Got the kids a frozen pizza and we started towards the resort.

Unfortunately, there was some sort of construction happening on that road to our resort and it took nearly TWO HOURS to traverse maybe 3 miles. It was too much for Hubs to handle. He's got some PTSD issues and I think he had reached his limit with all the crowds and stuff at the park, so the traffic was the last straw and he had a bit of an outburst. Thankfully, he doesn't have them often anymore and I can happily say he didn't have another one the rest of the week. Once we finally made it back to the resort, he apologized to all of us. The kids were too exhausted to eat and just wanted to go to bed. Hubs and I ate and pretty much crashed right afterwards.

The next day... Sea World!!

Old Yesterday, 06:40 PM   #232
chs27
Mouseketeer

You are really good at this trip report thing. I'm tasting my vacation in the air now, just under two weeks away. Afternoons always bring with them the urge to snack. So, I'm ravenous after hearing of your trip to Honeydukes.
chs27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:42 PM   #233
wendy3
Mouseketeer

What a wonderful day you had! We are going to Universal for the first time on June 1 (hope, hope, hoping that the new Diagon Alley is NOT open when we go so we just have to battle "normal" crowds, not "HP opening crowds"). We have been to SeaWorld, and it was fun, but we are a Disney family.

Sounds like you enjoyed your nice weather. Unfortunately, it sounds like the snow we just had is heading your way. More snow coming for us this week. Big Sigh.

Looking forward to your next update!
wendy3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:45 PM   #234
plannermom
Mouseketeer

So happy to see your update tonight! The picture of the two of you is very nice, you look so relaxed. I didn't buy a thing in honey dukes when we went and it sounds like we will have to make up for that when we go next! Sorry about the lousy traffic, not the best way to end the day.
plannermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:15 AM   #235
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Another great update! Keep 'em coming!

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:03 AM   #236
Heluvsme
DIS Veteran

Great update!

That is a long day, I think I would have had an outburst too!

Glad to hear you liked Mythos, that is the one place I am really looking forward to!
Old Today, 10:38 AM   #237
pixeegrl
DIS Veteran

Did you guys get a chance to interact with the talking fountain? I hope so, the boys loved it! Stand back though if you don't want to get wet!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: