Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2014, 08:34 AM   #256
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

Departure days are the absolute, stinkin worst... I would almost rather it be sunny, rainy just fits too much with my departure day mood... With our weekend trip coming up, I know I am going to go into a depression bc we will only be there 2.5 days.. Oh well, either way- at least we get to go again..

I will have to check out CG. I have heard it is a hidden gem too!

I hope to stay at YC one day!!
Second Star to the Right And Straight On till Morning
April 2006- Offsite DH ( was BF) first time
December 2005- Offsite ( Engaged at Magic Kingdom)
December 2007- Offsite ( Pregnant with Lawson)
February 2011-Disney All Star Sports ( Pregnant with Landen)
September 2012-1 night at Port Orleans FQ
September 2012- 1 night at Art of Animation
October 2013- Caribbean Beach Resort

Marsheliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 08:48 AM   #257
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

"Final meal" makes it sound so sad ... like your vacation is on death row

"Magical Depress" is a pretty funny term though

Definitely agree with you - 2 years olds will figure out a way to make a mess out of whatever you give them

**In Progress** Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
**NOW COMPLETE!** Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old Today, 06:27 AM   #258
JulieODC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
Loved reading about Captain's Grille - it's one of those places I know is there but always forget about. Sounds like you had a great "last breakfast."
It was a great option to have --- kind of a hidden secret!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
That's true I guess. Might make it a little easier to leave than a beautiful bright sunshiny day.

Wow, wow, wow. I am always (no matter how many pictures I see) in awe of the YC. It's so gorgeous! Boardwalk was at the top of my wish list, but YC is slowly catching up, maybe even passing it.
Breakfast looks delish! I like that you can choose either the buffet or a menu item. That's really cool.
The YC was really gorgeous! We had never seen it before this trip, and just fell in love. Though we do love WL too. Can't go wrong!

We loved being able to choose buffet or off the menu!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
Not gonna lie Julie, I kinda like it when it's raining on departure day. It kinda takes the sting out of it a little.

I'm glad you got to enjoy a nice relaxing final meal. Ugh "final meal"... that just sounds so sad.
Not much can take the sting out of leaving WDW...but it helped just a little.

DW DH DD2

YC-November 2013; WL-November 2012; WL-December 2010; WL-September 2009; POR-December 2004; WL-June 1999; WL-June 1997; GF-April 1990;Treehouse Villas-1986
JulieODC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:28 AM   #259
JulieODC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessM View Post
Aww departure days are the worst! At least it wasn't a beautiful sunny day.

That breakfast looks delicious! Great way to end the trip!
It was a great breakfast to leave the trip --- always nice to leave on a high note!!

DW DH DD2

YC-November 2013; WL-November 2012; WL-December 2010; WL-September 2009; POR-December 2004; WL-June 1999; WL-June 1997; GF-April 1990;Treehouse Villas-1986
Old Today, 06:30 AM   #260
JulieODC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsheliz View Post
Departure days are the absolute, stinkin worst... I would almost rather it be sunny, rainy just fits too much with my departure day mood... With our weekend trip coming up, I know I am going to go into a depression bc we will only be there 2.5 days.. Oh well, either way- at least we get to go again..

I will have to check out CG. I have heard it is a hidden gem too!

I hope to stay at YC one day!!
Weekend trips are awesome....but never quite long enough. Anytime at WDW is better than none though! Have a great trip!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaxRebo View Post
"Final meal" makes it sound so sad ... like your vacation is on death row

"Magical Depress" is a pretty funny term though

Definitely agree with you - 2 years olds will figure out a way to make a mess out of whatever you give them
Haha, maybe "final meal" is a little dramatic...but it is a sad feeling. Especially when you don't know when you'll be back!

And yes, 2-yr olds are pretty skilled at mess-making!

DW DH DD2

Old Today, 07:39 AM   #261
amazingact21
Upendi

Departure days are the worst part of a Disney trip. At least yours was higlighted by what sounds like a very nice breakfast. I'll admit, I've never tried Captain Grille's before, but what appealed to me about the restaurant in your report is how empty the place was.
Places like CP and 1900 Park Fare are fun and convienent, but sometimes it's nice not to have 80,000 other guests crowding around the table or standing in the buffet lines.

I think if I ever stay at YC or BC I might have to give the restaurant a chance.

Current Reports: Why, My Little Guppy Has Groupies!- A December 2013 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
amazingact21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: