DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2014, 04:16 PM   #1261
Anal Annie
....at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't stop it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaPic View Post
Sorry this took me awhile but here are the pics from 1677. Thanks for all the great info and to all who gave advice about what to request! In case anyone is interested, our request was Ewa Long Building Highest Possible Floor Room Ending in 77 or 83. I knew 83 was an Ocean view above the 8th (I think) floor but included it just in case. We were right under the arch. I included a pic from the Living Room so you can see it. It didn't bother us but some may feel it's obstructed. We could watch the Hui but couldn't really hear it clearly - although the dance party beat came through loud and clear. lol. Last pic is the infinity pool in the early am. I included it because of the comment my DH made.

Left From Bedroom

Center from Bedroom

Right From Bedroom

From Living Room Balcony

Starlit Hui

Infinity Pool - DH noticed the hand rail makes an A. Coincidence?
You got the view we were hoping to get!! Now I wish I had also requested "room number ending in ___" too.

Come join me for my 2nd ever trip report now in progress for DisneyLAND and Aulani and Maui 2014. http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post52179607

My first ever trip report - Disneyland Paris and our DCL Med cruise: http://thewhitehouseblog.weebly.com/ (ALMOST but not quite finished)

August 2014 - 3 n @ VGC & DL followed by 7 n @ Aulani follwed by 3 n on Maui / Jan 2014 - 5 n @ AKV Jambo House / Aug 2013 - 9 nights @ SSR / Aug 2012 - 9 n @ Boardwalk Villas and HRH / Mar-Apr 2012 6 n @ Bay Lake / August 2011 Disneyland Paris and DCL MED cruise / August 2010 Disney's DVC resort at Hilton Head Island, SC / March 2010 Kidani Village at AKV / August '09 BCV & Vero Beach / May '09 SSR / July '08 AKV & B2B Cruises on The Wonder/ January '08 VWL / August '07 OKW / July '06 Offsite - Waikiki, Kona & Ka'anapali, Hawaii / July '05 Disneyland & Disney Magic West Coast Cruise to the Mexican Riviera / Summer '04 CSR / May '03 Offsite - St. John, USVI / Summer '02 AKL & O.C., MD

[/url]IMG]http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/uploads/21406/ssrgroup.jpg[/IMG] [url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]

[url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]
Anal Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 06:10 PM   #1262
shinez
If you are lucky enough to be at the beach, then you are lucky enough!

Location: Maine! Just a hop skip and a jump from the coast...

2 bedroom Garden/Island View?

Hi all!
Headed to Hawaii in February and looking to see if there is info out there on room request and great room locations- the hotel looks HUGE and we are looking for something central... any and all help is appreciated!!

Shauna
DD's 17& 15, DS 10

Aulani with the fam Feb. 2015! YCBC for Hubby's 50th Nov. 2014!Wilderness Lodge - April 2013!
Back to the Polynesian- Feb 2012!

Disney Cruise- Magic- Feb. 2010
Surprise 40th B-day trip sans kids- Dolphin- Oct. 2009
Polynesian- Nov. 2008 Polynesian-March 2006Polynesian-March 2003 Polynesian-Feb 2002
Hop skip and a jump over to Disneyland-Paris on Honeymoon- June 1995
Polynesian- March 1994Polynesian- March 1993 Off-site- College Spring Break 1989 & 1988
1st
Disney Vaca with Family at the Sharaton Lakeside Motel April 1977

shinez is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-05-2014, 07:30 PM   #1263
wdrl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sorry this took me awhile but here are the pics from 1677.

Thanks for the photos, SeaPic and Rik! I've added your villas to the list in Post #1

Does that hand rail at the infinity pool constitute a "Hidden Aulani?"
Old 09-05-2014, 09:33 PM   #1264
Girimama33
"I've disgraced the forces of evil."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anal Annie View Post
You got the view we were hoping to get!! Now I wish I had also requested "room number ending in ___" too.
That's a bummer you didn't get your room request Annie. I remember you had concerns about adding too much info to the room request, but I thought adding the room ending in ..xx pretty much ensured they knew exactly where you wanted to be. When we got our rooms, it was not exactly the room ending #'s I requested, but it was still in that same area. Hopefully you will get it next time if you book IV.

Last edited by Girimama33; 09-08-2014 at 08:35 AM.
Girimama33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 09:36 PM   #1265
Girimama33

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinez View Post
Hi all!
Headed to Hawaii in February and looking to see if there is info out there on room request and great room locations- the hotel looks HUGE and we are looking for something central... any and all help is appreciated!!
The very first thread will give you all the info you need to decide a room requests
For IV, seems most opt for a high floor in the long wing of the Ewa Tower over looking the Halawai Lawn.
Old 09-06-2014, 05:04 PM   #1266
SeaPic
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdrl View Post
Does that hand rail at the infinity pool constitute a "Hidden Aulani?"
Old 09-06-2014, 05:38 PM   #1267
jerseygal
DIS Veteran

Seapic.We were 6 floors below you, 1077,1079, end of May!

Quote:
Sorry this took me awhile but here are the pics from 1677. Thanks for all the great info and to all who gave advice about what to request! In case anyone is interested, our request was Ewa Long Building Highest Possible Floor Room Ending in 77 or 83. I knew 83 was an Ocean view above the 8th (I think) floor but included it just in case. We were right under the arch. I included a pic from the Living Room so you can see it. It didn't bother us but some may feel it's obstructed. We could watch the Hui but couldn't really hear it clearly - although the dance party beat came through loud and clear. lol. Last pic is the infinity pool in the early am. I included it because of the comment my DH made.

Left From Bedroom

Center from Bedroom

Right From Bedroom

From Living Room Balcony

Starlit Hui

Hope that you had an AWESOME TRIP! We LOVED our rooms as well..We were 6 floors below, 1077,1079 2 BR lockoff, Island View, end of May this year!Your DH is VERY OBSERVANT, I see the "A" now, pic of Infinity Pool!

Are we really "empty nesters" now? Where did the years go?
LOVE OUR DVC!:thumbsup
jerseygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 03:47 PM   #1268
moonlightgraham
Earning My Ears

Great thread and really useful information, thanks!

I've got an ocean view dedicated 2br reserved for next April and in reading this thread I notice that there are some 2br with differing balconies. Some have two short balconies and others have a single, longer balcony, is that correct? If so, are the longer balconies located in a certain building? In looking at the pix on this thread I'm thinking those longer balcony units are located in the short portion of the newer Ewa building, is that correct?
moonlightgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 04:16 PM   #1269
wdrl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlightgraham View Post
Great thread and really useful information, thanks!

I've got an ocean view dedicated 2br reserved for next April and in reading this thread I notice that there are some 2br with differing balconies. Some have two short balconies and others have a single, longer balcony, is that correct? If so, are the longer balconies located in a certain building? In looking at the pix on this thread I'm thinking those longer balcony units are located in the short portion of the newer Ewa building, is that correct?
All the balconies in the Waianae Building are angled, or shortened. The Ewa Building Long Wing also has angled balconies. The Ewa Building Short Wing and the Ewa Building Phase 1 have non-angled balconies, which are long, continuous balconies. BTW, all grand villas at Aulani have non-angled balconies.
Old 09-09-2014, 08:02 AM   #1270
moonlightgraham
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdrl View Post
All the balconies in the Waianae Building are angled, or shortened. The Ewa Building Long Wing also has angled balconies. The Ewa Building Short Wing and the Ewa Building Phase 1 have non-angled balconies, which are long, continuous balconies. BTW, all grand villas at Aulani have non-angled balconies.
So, for a 2br with angled balconies what is the configuration: one balcony off the LR, master and 2nd br?
Old 09-09-2014, 08:13 AM   #1271
Girimama33

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlightgraham View Post
So, for a 2br with angled balconies what is the configuration: one balcony off the LR, master and 2nd br?
We stayed in a 2bdr with angled balconies. There was a balcony off the master and a shared balcony between the LR and 2nd bedroom.
Old 09-09-2014, 10:46 AM   #1272
moonlightgraham
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girimama33 View Post
We stayed in a 2bdr with angled balconies. There was a balcony off the master and a shared balcony between the LR and 2nd bedroom.
Thanks! I know I'll probably spend more time on the balcony then the rest of the family combined so as long as it fits me comfortably and has a place to rest my morning coffee and afternoon cocktail the angled arrangement should be just fine!
Old 09-13-2014, 03:48 PM   #1273
DVCTigger
DIS Veteran

Here are a couple of pictures from our lanai of our pool view studio, room #272. We had requested a high floor, so didn't feel that the second floor granted our request. But we were able to get right into the room at check-in (11am). After being in the room a day or two, we came to really enjoy the location! We were just one floor up from the pool deck, one down from the lobby, and just two doors down from the elevators (stairs). So it was super easy to get to our room from anywhere we were or wanted to go! We didn't use the elevators all week!

DVCTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 08:44 PM   #1274
wdrl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCTigger View Post
Here are a couple of pictures from our lanai of our pool view studio, room #272.
Thanks, DVCTigger. I've added your photos to the list in Post #1.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: