Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 01:58 PM   #3751
Tiger Lily 03
Famous for my Potato Salad
Not nekid anymore ;-)
Flashed through and scooped up some beads in NawwwwLins

DISboards Moderator

Page Limit Reached!

Congratulations! This thread has been active quite a long time and has reached the limits permitted.

Please begin another thread and don't forget to link this thread from/to your new one. I will leave it open for a bit in order that this task can be accomplished.

Happy training everyone!
Old 01-22-2014, 02:05 PM   #3752
Mickeyfan74
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmasgat View Post
Welcome.....and head on over to the new thread. This one paged out. BUt before you do, a few answers.

1) They are changing the number of corrals for the races this year--more of them, so the answer is TBD. This weekend's half marathon corral has ~2000, but that might not mean anything for Princess.

2)Just push your way (well,not literally!) to the front. Really, it's just a matter of excuse me, pardon me. I made it to the front of my corral in the Marathon Relay in 2012 cause I wanted to run a good time.

3)You want to catch a bus by 4, generally. For traffic reasons.

4)The walk from the bus staging area to the race staging area is a bit of a schlep. You are not allowed to go to the corrals right away. I don;t recall exactly what time they let runners head over, but there are plenty of (loud) announcements somewhere before 5 am

5) You would likely have time for a few pictures. You wouldn't be swept without warning, so you would have time to see where you were relative to the back of the race and stop when there was time.

6)Whatever you can carry--so you may want to invest in some kind of race belt.
From my experience in previous WDW RD half marathons, they opened the gates to the corrals by 4:20 or 4:30am I believe. We had to be in the corrals by 5am but even by 5:20 there were still people coming in to the area.
The "Trek" to the staging area from the drop off point seems like a 5K! for as long as the walk is So that's your warm up.
I was on an "early" bus 2 years ago 2012 got on at 3:20 but the driver was a contract (not Cast Member) driver and it took us almost an hour from POR to get to the area due to traffic and he was not sure about the route. So just an FYI it's better be early just in case and still be on time. My other recent experience with the 10K was it only took 15 mins from FTW cabins to starting area. Way too early. Go figure.
Thankfully there seems to be more portolets in the corral area and on the routes. *Stopping at the restroom by Pinochio's Restaurant can be helpful too**
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2014, 02:11 PM   #3753
Tiger Lily 03
Famous for my Potato Salad
Not nekid anymore ;-)
Flashed through and scooped up some beads in NawwwwLins

DISboards Moderator

2014 Princess Half Marathon Weekend)- thread #2

I see that the thread #2 has been created quite some time ago. My apologies for the above post. I am closing this and would like to direct all posters to the Part 2 Thread:

Calling all Princesses! (2014 Princess Half Marathon Weekend)- thread #2
Closed Thread

Tags
princess

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: