DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2014, 10:35 AM   #1276
Anal Annie
....at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't stop it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdrl View Post
I won't be updating this thread for awhile. Tomorrow, we start our journey to Aulani. We are flying to Vancouver and on Tuesday will board the Celebrity Solstice. The Solstice is a 12 night cruise from Vancouver to Honolulu with stops in Honolulu (overnight), Hilo, Kona, Lahiana, Maui (overnight) and we disembark at Honolulu.

Since Celebrity would charge us for internet time ($59.95 for 90 minutes), I doubt we will access the internet while on board the ship. Once we are on land in Hawaii we'll use our Verizon 3G to get back to surfing the internet.

We'll get to Aulani on Sunday, October 5, and will stay until October 12. I honestly can't remember what villa requests we made. We have an Ocean View studio booked and I'll be happy if we overlook the Waikolohe Valley. I know at least one other DVC member who is at Aulani while we are there, but if there are others please let me know.

Once we are in Hawaii and have access to the internet I hope to do some Twitter feeds with photos. My tag is wdrl2 if anyone wants to follow along. We will also post to a trip report. And I guarantee that I will post a view from our villa here on this thread.

There are some new Membership Magic offerings for DVCers at Aulani and we hope to take part in some of them (see this article). The Art and Nature Walking Tour sounds interesting. Also, we hope to see the Starlit Hui show this time around. The Starlit Hui was on a short 4-week hiatus the last time we visited Aulani in September 2012 due to the construction starting up.

I know 12 nights on a cruise ship and 7 nights at Aulani sounds like a lot of days. But time goes by so very quickly when you are having fun. I just hope we have enough time to do all the things we want to do.
Have a GREAT time!!! I didn't realize Celebrity did a cruise around the islands. That sounds like fun to cruise for so long, tho we'll miss hearing from you while you're at sea!! I'm sure your OV villa will be spot on perfect!!! Can't wait to hear how it goes!! ENJOY!!

(Maybe I will get time to finish my TR while you're gone!!)

Come join me for my 2nd ever trip report now in progress for DisneyLAND and Aulani and Maui 2014. http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post52179607

My first ever trip report - Disneyland Paris and our DCL Med cruise: http://thewhitehouseblog.weebly.com/ (ALMOST but not quite finished)

August 2014 - 3 n @ VGC & DL followed by 7 n @ Aulani follwed by 3 n on Maui / Jan 2014 - 5 n @ AKV Jambo House / Aug 2013 - 9 nights @ SSR / Aug 2012 - 9 n @ Boardwalk Villas and HRH / Mar-Apr 2012 6 n @ Bay Lake / August 2011 Disneyland Paris and DCL MED cruise / August 2010 Disney's DVC resort at Hilton Head Island, SC / March 2010 Kidani Village at AKV / August '09 BCV & Vero Beach / May '09 SSR / July '08 AKV & B2B Cruises on The Wonder/ January '08 VWL / August '07 OKW / July '06 Offsite - Waikiki, Kona & Ka'anapali, Hawaii / July '05 Disneyland & Disney Magic West Coast Cruise to the Mexican Riviera / Summer '04 CSR / May '03 Offsite - St. John, USVI / Summer '02 AKL & O.C., MD

[/url]IMG]http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/uploads/21406/ssrgroup.jpg[/IMG] [url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]

[url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]
Anal Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 03:29 PM   #1277
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdrl View Post
I won't be updating this thread for awhile. Tomorrow, we start our journey to Aulani. We are flying to Vancouver and on Tuesday will board the Celebrity Solstice.
Have a wonderful and magical time on your cruise and Aulani visit!

Disneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - S. Caribbean Oct 2014 Magic, E. Caribbean Nov 2013 Fantasy, Mexican Riviera Mar 2012 Wonder, Bahamas B2B Nov 2011 Dream, Panama Canal Jan 2011 Wonder, Bahamas Nov 2009 Wonder
Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand
Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-22-2014, 05:57 PM   #1278
MikeRx
Mouseketeer

We arrive October 4th and depart on the 9th. We have the same room type and requests. We aren't "owners" but are renting for the first time from longtime owners and cast members from WDW. Have a great cruise and Iíll look out for obvious DISers. We will be the happy family from Phoenix, mom-in-law will have a scooter and a big smile! Iíll post or message our location if I have time when we arrive. Thanks for keeping this page going, itís been a real help in our planning!

Mike DW DS (6) DMIL
First visit 1976, Pre-2010 too many off sites to remember, WDW 2/2010 BC CL, Disneyland GC 12/2010, WDW 4/2012 POLY TPV, WDW 7/2012 (off site), WDW 12/12 POP, 4/2013 POLY with Disney Dream cruise, 10/2013 DLR, 12/2013 POP, 3/14 BCR; 6/14 DLE, 9/14 DLR, 10/14 Aulani, 12/14 DLR VGC
MikeRx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 04:50 AM   #1279
BelievesinMagic
I'm ready! I'm ready! I'm ready!

Best floors/towers to hear music at night?

I have gotten so much information from the this thread. Thank you!
We would love to be able to listen to the music from our balcony at night.
What is the highest floor or lowest floor should one request?
Which tower?
Which room number endings should one request?

Thank you for any information!

Last edited by BelievesinMagic; 09-24-2014 at 01:54 AM.
BelievesinMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 09:48 AM   #1280
MickeyMinnieMom
If you ticket it, they will come... ;)

Sorry if this is OT -- I tried to create a thread asking this question in two spots and no answers.

We're BLT owners and are thinking about trying to book a DVC stay at Aulani at the seven month window over Christmas break 2015. Do we have any chance of finding availability at that time, or is the 11-month window really required to snag Christmas break?

Any thoughts/experiences would be very much appreciated!

MickeyMinnieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 02:03 PM   #1281
moonlightgraham
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMinnieMom View Post
Sorry if this is OT -- I tried to create a thread asking this question in two spots and no answers.

We're BLT owners and are thinking about trying to book a DVC stay at Aulani at the seven month window over Christmas break 2015. Do we have any chance of finding availability at that time, or is the 11-month window really required to snag Christmas break?

Any thoughts/experiences would be very much appreciated!
I know it's not the same but I recently booked at the 7-month window for Easter/spring break and had pretty much all unit types available. I settled on a 2br ocean view. I booked right at 8am on the first day of the window but even a week later, and even today, there were/are units so I think you have a decent shot.
Old 09-23-2014, 04:56 PM   #1282
MickeyMinnieMom
If you ticket it, they will come... ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlightgraham View Post
I know it's not the same but I recently booked at the 7-month window for Easter/spring break and had pretty much all unit types available. I settled on a 2br ocean view. I booked right at 8am on the first day of the window but even a week later, and even today, there were/are units so I think you have a decent shot.
Oh, wow! That does give me hope! Thanks so much!!

MickeyMinnieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 11:49 AM   #1283
abdmom
DIS Veteran

I'm an Aulani owner. I purchased in 2010 and have been watching Christmas/New Year's since then. I did a booking at 8 months out for this New Year's. Christmas and New Year's seem to be the most popular times. I couldn't get a room for January 1 at 8 months out. Everything between Dec. 24 and January 2 goes quite quickly at the 11 month window.
abdmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: