Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2014, 06:07 AM   #1531
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
I am totally with you. I live on a plateau... but most areas around me are VERY hilly. I stay away from those areas if I can for any events. I still have hamstring issues from a race with a HUGE hill that I ran over a year ago.
I can definitely see that happening. I don't blame you for avoiding any steep hills. I enjoy an occasional small hill, but that's my limit! Of course, I haven't run outside in weeks. There is too much snow around and I am terribly afraid of falling on ice or snow. I trip and fell while running a couple summers ago (nice weather - I just wasn't watching my footing and I clipped my foot on a raised side walk). I took a terrible fall and looked like a victim of domestic abuse for a couple weeks. Now I just stay on the treadmill if the weather is bad. And right now I am SO sick of the treadmill. Next weekend it should be nice enough to run outside. Please!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 02-16-2014, 10:41 AM   #1532
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I can definitely see that happening. I don't blame you for avoiding any steep hills. I enjoy an occasional small hill, but that's my limit! Of course, I haven't run outside in weeks. There is too much snow around and I am terribly afraid of falling on ice or snow. I trip and fell while running a couple summers ago (nice weather - I just wasn't watching my footing and I clipped my foot on a raised side walk). I took a terrible fall and looked like a victim of domestic abuse for a couple weeks. Now I just stay on the treadmill if the weather is bad. And right now I am SO sick of the treadmill. Next weekend it should be nice enough to run outside. Please!
I shouldn't laugh... but I too was the victim of raised sidewalk abuse. I was about a mile from home when it happened on a nice sunny day. I was dripping blood all the way home... and had broken my hand. I don't blame you at all for doing the treadmill when weather is bad... I get it! Course, I think I am likely to injure myself on a treadmill too... I tend to run like a drunken sailor. I just know that I am going to side step wrong and face plant right off the treadmill someday. (and this is why I run on it even less than even in poor weather)

Hope weather is nicer for you soon!!! Outside runs are my favorite kind!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-24-2014, 03:19 PM   #1533
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I shouldn't laugh... but I too was the victim of raised sidewalk abuse. I was about a mile from home when it happened on a nice sunny day. I was dripping blood all the way home... and had broken my hand. I don't blame you at all for doing the treadmill when weather is bad... I get it! Course, I think I am likely to injure myself on a treadmill too... I tend to run like a drunken sailor. I just know that I am going to side step wrong and face plant right off the treadmill someday. (and this is why I run on it even less than even in poor weather) Hope weather is nicer for you soon!!! Outside runs are my favorite kind!
I have been so bad about responding to this! Can not wait a moment longer. Your sidewalk incident sounds like mine. I was lucky I didn't break my wrist and I was covered w blood the whole way home. I couldn't get home fast enough. Then I was sure I had head trauma. I made Demny take me to the ER but I
Never went in. I decided I was fine. What a mess. I finally did get to run outside this weekend and it was wonderful!!!!!!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 02-25-2014, 02:30 AM   #1534
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have been so bad about responding to this! Can not wait a moment longer. Your sidewalk incident sounds like mine. I was lucky I didn't break my wrist and I was covered w blood the whole way home. I couldn't get home fast enough. Then I was sure I had head trauma. I made Demny take me to the ER but I
Never went in. I decided I was fine. What a mess. I finally did get to run outside this weekend and it was wonderful!!!!!!
PLEASE don't feel bad about not responding.

the two incidents do sound very similar. Not fun at all!!!

Glad you got outside to run this weekend.
Old 02-25-2014, 02:05 PM   #1535
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
PLEASE don't feel bad about not responding.

the two incidents do sound very similar. Not fun at all!!!
You can say that again. And when I showed up at home depot that same day the sales lady get giving me weird looks. By then the pain and stopped and the after pain hadn't started yet and I remember thinking, "what is she looking at" g Then - oh yeah!

Quote:
Glad you got outside to run this weekend.
It was glorious on Saturday. Just perfect in everyday! Hope your outdoors runs have been going well.

Old 02-26-2014, 12:36 AM   #1536
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You can say that again. And when I showed up at home depot that same day the sales lady get giving me weird looks. By then the pain and stopped and the after pain hadn't started yet and I remember thinking, "what is she looking at" g Then - oh yeah!
Oh man! At least evidence of my fall was mostly hidden... except the cast... but my bumps and scrapes were covered.

Quote:
It was glorious on Saturday. Just perfect in everyday! Hope your outdoors runs have been going well.
Today was actually almost too hot! I bundled up like I normally have been and realized about a mile into my run that I should have opted out of some of the layers.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: