Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2014, 10:20 AM   #1156
mermaidwannabe
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to say thank you for your very entertaining TR!! I'm planning a vacation to Hawaii next June and so your TR was very helpful. And funny!
mermaidwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 12:02 PM   #1157
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaidwannabe View Post
Just wanted to say thank you for your very entertaining TR!! I'm planning a vacation to Hawaii next June and so your TR was very helpful. And funny!
and thank you for taking the time to read it! I hope you have a great trip!
Captain_Oblivious is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-14-2014, 05:54 AM   #1158
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

I know its been awhile, but I missed your wrap up. Very nice. Taking the time to make good vacation memories is so important! We did some family vacations as a kid, but I don't remember them being much fun. Think National Lampoon's Vacation minus the dead aunt and Wally World. That is one of the things we tried to do with our boys - make memories, and now they value that for their families - makes me proud.

Mexican food in Phoenix - We loved a chain - Macayo's. Mostly due to the queso dip - white cheese and cream cheese recipe - Yummo! What side of town are you staying at? I know of a good but hot hole in the wall place. We also liked Mi Amigos - great Bloody Mary Bar on weekend mornings - and Sand Bar - ok for lunch or early evening with kids - they have a little man made beach in the outdoor bar area, but lots of seating inside. Another local chain we liked was Aunt Chilada's.

Oh, and there is an interesting tour of a mansion built into the rock by an eccentric who thought he was dying of TB - fun quirky tour if you have the time - Mystery Castle - http://visitphoenix.com/things-to-do...e/details.aspx they have odd hours but it's worth an hour if you are near there - we lived near it on the other side of South Mountain.

Last edited by MAGICFOR2; 07-14-2014 at 06:00 AM.
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 06:35 AM   #1159
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Since this just popped up and your ticker says only 5 more days until you leave for the next trip, this is a great time to say:

Have a fantastic time with quiet babies, lovely children, perfect weather, marvelous adventures and just a plain good time!!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 10:59 AM   #1160
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
I know its been awhile, but I missed your wrap up. Very nice. Taking the time to make good vacation memories is so important! We did some family vacations as a kid, but I don't remember them being much fun. Think National Lampoon's Vacation minus the dead aunt and Wally World.
You dragged a dog to death behind your car?!

Quote:
That is one of the things we tried to do with our boys - make memories, and now they value that for their families - makes me proud.
And welcome back to the TR!

Quote:
Mexican food in Phoenix - We loved a chain - Macayo's. Mostly due to the queso dip - white cheese and cream cheese recipe - Yummo! What side of town are you staying at? I know of a good but hot hole in the wall place. We also liked Mi Amigos - great Bloody Mary Bar on weekend mornings - and Sand Bar - ok for lunch or early evening with kids - they have a little man made beach in the outdoor bar area, but lots of seating inside. Another local chain we liked was Aunt Chilada's.
Thanks for the recommendations! We are staying on the north side of the city. The hotel is actually right next to North Mountain park, if that helps. I found a bbq place and wood-fired pizza place that look promising as well.

Quote:
Oh, and there is an interesting tour of a mansion built into the rock by an eccentric who thought he was dying of TB - fun quirky tour if you have the time - Mystery Castle - http://visitphoenix.com/things-to-do...e/details.aspx they have odd hours but it's worth an hour if you are near there - we lived near it on the other side of South Mountain.
Sounds cool! I think we probably won't have the time on this trip, but I'll keep it in mind for the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Since this just popped up and your ticker says only 5 more days until you leave for the next trip, this is a great time to say:

Have a fantastic time with quiet babies, lovely children, perfect weather, marvelous adventures and just a plain good time!!
Thank you Magdalene! From your lips to God's ears.

Right now we're having that "Are we biting off more than we can chew?" moment.
Old 07-18-2014, 04:55 PM   #1161
MNtwinsplus1mom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Blue is a place we've spent the night. Red is a significant destination we visited. Yellow marks the spots where Julie and I have traveled without the kids. And it's hard to see, but there are a few clear pins marking Cheesecake Factories where we've dined. Just because.
Thanks for explaining! Great way to track the trips. Fun about the Cheesecake Factories, also.

Quote:
Okay, thanks so much for the shameless plug! I read the report. Most entertaining and great ideas for places to see and things to do. Our trip is pretty much happening because of a desire to get to the Pro Football Hall of Fame, but we have many other things we are adding before and after. We would be going to many of the same states, so it is quite helpful. Would love to get to Lynn's Paradise Cafe, but it would not be in our route.

I know your newest adventure is coming very soon. Have a fantastic time!
2009 - Port Orleans Riverside
2011 - Port Orleans Riverside
2014 - Aulani
Counting down to November stay in WDW
MNtwinsplus1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 06:06 PM   #1162
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Have a safe flight tomorrow and see ya at Disneyland!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 06:26 PM   #1163
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Have a great trip Mark, Julie, Sarah, David, Scotty and Andrew.
Old 07-18-2014, 07:25 PM   #1164
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Bon Voyage!

Jill in CO
Old 07-18-2014, 08:33 PM   #1166
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257

Thank you everyone! Still hoping traveling like this with a baby wasn't a stupid idea.
Old 07-19-2014, 04:10 AM   #1167
MEK
DIS Veteran

Happy Travels Today! I am sure you will all have a fantastic time - even Drew! :good vibes

Remember - lots of pics - you can balance a camera and a baby, right???

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 11:25 PM   #1168
jwwi
DIS Veteran

Your map is missing pins in Wisconsin, you know, just North of Chicago

Have a great time on your upcoming trip!
Old 07-21-2014, 02:00 PM   #1169
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Thank you everyone! Still hoping traveling like this with a baby wasn't a stupid idea.
I'm not going to lie to you.

Traveling with a baby stupid idea and don't let anybody tell you it isn't.

But... been there done that. Gotta break them into the fun of a family vacation at some point in their life. I hope you guys are having a great trip!
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 08:06 PM   #1170
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

I see you are having a DAM good time. Yes that joke NEVER gets old.

Sorry I missed the send off but hope all is going smoothly and you are all having a great time.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aulani, hawaii, trip reports

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: