Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2014, 11:36 PM   #1606
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofymoma View Post
If you have an iPhone Mophie has a phone cover that has an extra battery in the case -
http://www.mophie.com/search?q=iPhon...utm_medium=cpc

I wish I got get away with no camera.....DH is photography enthusiast and carries a backpack that is easily 15lbs, glad we still take a stroller!
I mentioned, a few pages back, that I use a Mophie. I LOVE it! I gave a tip that's worth repeating.

If you have any extra battery that you can turn off or leave on, don't leave it on (Trickle charging). You will get a better/more charge out of the battery if you wait until your phone is almost dead and then turn on the extra battery.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:59 AM   #1607
Poppins2010
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingchick26 View Post
Thank you
I don't think we have anything similar over here so I'll have to get some once I fly in. Can you get it at most shops?
I'm not sure about this. You can try these two web sites:
www.rei.com
www.amazon.com

Its small and lightweight so shipping charges shouldn't be that much. Moleskin is great stuff.... I think you'll like it. Enjoy your trip!
Poppins2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-05-2014, 03:27 PM   #1608
goofymoma
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckers View Post
I mentioned, a few pages back, that I use a Mophie. I LOVE it! I gave a tip that's worth repeating.

If you have any extra battery that you can turn off or leave on, don't leave it on (Trickle charging). You will get a better/more charge out of the battery if you wait until your phone is almost dead and then turn on the extra battery.
There were sooo many pages I couldn't remember if I read about your post back in the beginning or not
I hate when I leave the xtra battery on, totally agreed you need to leave it off until you need it!!

goofymoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:15 PM   #1609
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofymoma View Post
There were sooo many pages I couldn't remember if I read about your post back in the beginning or not
I hate when I leave the xtra battery on, totally agreed you need to leave it off until you need it!!
That's why I repeated my tip This thread is so huge that sometimes good tips bear repating
Old 04-01-2014, 09:36 AM   #1610
EternityLynn
Earning My Ears

Holy Cow - one of the best ideas I have read! I have 2 two year olds - THANKS!
EternityLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:01 AM   #1611
ConnieB
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneySJB View Post
I also pack ziploc bags!!

Also, one of the best tips I've ever received on these boards is regarding water. Either bring or have a case of bottled water shipped to your room. Bring frozen bottle of water with you to the parks. Right about the time they are thawing, you will need a drink and won't have to pay park prices for a bottled water. I love it that Disney lets you bring in food and drinks.
Just an FYI for those that don't want to carry a bottle around (me!)....EVERY Counter Service restaurant will give you a cup of ice water FREE.

Of course those of you who have strollers don't have the hassle of carrying stuff....for me, if it don't fit in my pocket without notice I don't want to carry it, lol.
ConnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 12:53 PM   #1612
KaLyn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnieB View Post
Just an FYI for those that don't want to carry a bottle around (me!)....EVERY Counter Service restaurant will give you a cup of ice water FREE.

Of course those of you who have strollers don't have the hassle of carrying stuff....for me, if it don't fit in my pocket without notice I don't want to carry it, lol.
We are planning on using the free water exclusively while in the parks, unless eating lunch or dinner. We are taking some of those powder water flavoring plackets with us incase the water has a "taste" like some people complain about.

Me28 DH30 DD6.5 DD3.5
Past Trips:
April 27-28, 2009: All Star Music Resort - Country Western Area
This was our quick-take-a-Disney-vacation-to-get-a-feel-of-what-it's-like-before-we-have-kids-to-drag-along trip.
Planning in Progress:
May 4-10, 2014: Coronado Springs Resort
This is our the-kids-are-only-little-for-so-long-so-lets-make-this-as-magical-and-as-awesome-as-possible trip.
KaLyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:14 PM   #1613
goofyluva9293
Official Family Tour Guide

Whew!

I finally made it through all 108 pages! Thank you all for the wonderful ideas! My packing list that I thought was very thorough has just grown! I wish I had known some of these ideas when my girls were little (They are now 20 & 22) but there are plenty that we will use on our trip in May. I'm also going to pass all of the good "little kid" tips on to my cousins who will be bringing a 2 year old and 4 month old in September!

It isn't as important as many of the other tips but one odd thing that I pack is:
I have a very large collection of trading pins. I only bring the ones I'm willing to trade and the rest stay home in my pin bags. My problem is that sometimes I like a pin so much, I might accidentally get it a second time and because I've gotten so many through the years I don't always remember them all. So before we leave, I take a picture of each "page" of my pin bags and have them printed so that I can make sure I don't get duplicates. I realize that I could just trade them again next trip but I'd hate to bring home a double when I might have been able to get one more new one!
Old 04-02-2014, 09:28 PM   #1614
ConnieB
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyluva9293 View Post
So before we leave, I take a picture of each "page" of my pin bags and have them printed so that I can make sure I don't get duplicates. I realize that I could just trade them again next trip but I'd hate to bring home a double when I might have been able to get one more new one!
A suggestion....if you have a smart phone....put the photos onto your smart phone. Then you don't have to carry around loads of pages to get wet, ripped, lost, etc. I just open up my folder and swipe through the pages. I do a couple of pins on each page (and try to keep them similar category, like all Belle or Ariel or Cinderella or Star Wars) so I can swipe through rapidly. With only a few on a page these old eyes can see them better, lol.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:51 PM   #1615
ConnieB
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingchick26 View Post
Thank you
I don't think we have anything similar over here so I'll have to get some once I fly in. Can you get it at most shops?
Yes, moleskin can be found in any Walmart (with the foot products in the Pharmacy), and actually any pharmacy too, like Walgreens, CVS, etc. Here is a link to a photo of the packaging so you can compare and see if you perhaps call it something else?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Dr-Scholl-...ng-3-ct/893374
Old 04-03-2014, 04:07 AM   #1616
wrestlingchick26
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnieB View Post
Yes, moleskin can be found in any Walmart (with the foot products in the Pharmacy), and actually any pharmacy too, like Walgreens, CVS, etc. Here is a link to a photo of the packaging so you can compare and see if you perhaps call it something else? http://www.walmart.com/ip/Dr-Scholl-...ng-3-ct/893374
You are amazing. Thank you, will take the pic to some chemists and see what I can find. Otherwise I'll hit up Walmart before the parks
Old 04-03-2014, 05:24 AM   #1617
Dani C
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaLyn View Post
We are planning on using the free water exclusively while in the parks, unless eating lunch or dinner. We are taking some of those powder water flavoring plackets with us incase the water has a "taste" like some people complain about.
You might also want to try the liquid variety of water enhancers. One small bottle will last for many water bottles (or cups of water) and take up less space overall.

Dani C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 01:23 PM   #1618
happymomof1
DIS Veteran

Ziplock bag's! ALL SIZES!!! Lay some out, roll up and place in the largest ziplock bag. They store flat, do not take up much room and are SOOOOO handy. Kids didn't finish a lollipop, but youre getting on a ride? Bag it! Sharing a container of popcorn? Pour some in a bag and at least one person won't have to keep reaching over for more all the time. Wet poncho? Bag it and air it out later when you get to your resort. Going to carry a change of clothes for the littlest one? it'll stay dry in a bag. So will your autograph book, and you won't lose the pen either. Bags! They're your friends!
happymomof1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: