Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2014, 12:58 PM   #2911
luvmarypoppins
I am debating whether to put a new one back on his
O.K. who is the sista here right now?
((Hug))

Singing Mom - I am glad you had a great trip with your dd. You know I always like to hear about food. Did you have any good meals or was it just too hot to eat? I know when we went in the summer I always felt like it was too hot to eat a lot etc.

Christine - reading anything good? I am stuck on a book I started a month ago. I hopefully will finish tonight. Its a contemporary love story, One from the Love Inspired collection. I won it from Goodreads.

Well I have only had 1 bruise so far that I can see, so that is good.

I am taking a break from my clothes decluttering. Its the last day and I am on bag 7 I think. I am getting a little weary of this. I made a huge dent in it, so I am happy.

We are getting 2 more driveway estimates on fri and sat.
luvmarypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 04:37 PM   #2912
SingingMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmarypoppins View Post
Singing Mom - I am glad you had a great trip with your dd. You know I always like to hear about food. Did you have any good meals or was it just too hot to eat? I know when we went in the summer I always felt like it was too hot to eat a lot etc. Christine - reading anything good? I am stuck on a book I started a month ago. I hopefully will finish tonight. Its a contemporary love story, One from the Love Inspired collection. I won it from Goodreads. Well I have only had 1 bruise so far that I can see, so that is good. I am taking a break from my clothes decluttering. Its the last day and I am on bag 7 I think. I am getting a little weary of this. I made a huge dent in it, so I am happy. We are getting 2 more driveway estimates on fri and sat.

It's funny about food & Disney - since we live near the best restaurants in the country :-) , we don't usually get too excited about dining reservations. Lol
But, we did enjoy a meal at Monsuier Paul in France, Tutto Gusto in Italy, Be Our Guest for lunch, Brown Derby outdoor lounge, and the most delicious prime rib sliders at the lounge at Port Orleans Riverside. We did the Frozen Premium Package and enjoyed the dessert party before the fireworks.

Just made reservations for our January trip. Taking our friends to California Grill after the marathon, Be Our Guest, Monsuier Paul so DH can try it, and the Wishes Dessert party. We'll be there for DH birthday and he requested Rose & Crown.

Now deciding if we want to book excursions for Aulani for next month, or wait until we arrive.

I applaud you for the de cluttering! I SHOULD be doing exactly that - instead I am planning vacations, sitting poolside in the backyard, and going into NYC tomorrow to see Jersey Boys on Broadway! I must get myself motivated!

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

08/76 Fort Wilderness, 09/85 off site, 03/87 off site, 10/91 POFQ, 9/96 Dixie Landings, 07/14-21/01 Disney Magic Cruise! 6/22-7/01/06 Dolphin, 6/22-30/07 Dolphin 6/24-7/02/08 Dolphin, 6/23-7/01/2009 Dolphin, FIVE-PEAT 6/2010 Dolphin! 5/14-21/12 ABD City of Knights & Lights, 1/8-16/13 Dolphin, 7/14-7/22/13 Once Upon a Fairytale, 1/2014 Dolphin, 7/2014 POFQ, 8/2014 Disney Aulani
SingingMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old Yesterday, 01:32 AM   #2913
angwill
I just want to live at WDW!

SingingMom, Glad you had such a good trip minus the heat. I am like you and could care less about Disney food. I do like the atmosphere of some of the restaurants there though.

LMP, So sorry to hear about your son and hope all turns out well with him.

FunkyDeliah, How did your biopsy turn out?

Well I saw my endocrinologist again and told him about my having no energy, hair loss, dry skin etc. He cut back on my Levothyroxine and added Generic Cytomel which I have read really helps some people. Anyone here taking it and have any stories on how it effected them?

I also started using a cpap machine for sleep apnea a couple weeks ago. That has helped with the energy levels some, thankfully. It has really helped my sinus and allergy issues which I didn't even think about but am so happy for the improvement.

Hope everyones summer is going well.

Ang
Old Yesterday, 03:51 AM   #2914
funkydelia
Mouseketeer

No results yet (they prob have them but I don't know who to call to get them!)
I'm feeling really crappy though, don't think meds are working at all. Have more blood tests next week.

I'm actually looking forward to restaurants at Disney. Eating out here (Scotland) is expensive and we have been saving for disney for so long that I'm looking forward to having a prepaid DxDP and eating whatever I want for two weeks!

Jealous of your broadway trip. We went to ny in 2002 and I loved it!
funkydelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:57 AM   #2915
funkydelia
Mouseketeer

Angwil: my DH has had a CPAP for nearly 5yrs now and it's made a huge difference to both our lives! Good luck with it x
funkydelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:13 AM   #2916
angwill
I just want to live at WDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkydelia View Post
No results yet (they prob have them but I don't know who to call to get them!)
I'm feeling really crappy though, don't think meds are working at all. Have more blood tests next week.

I'm actually looking forward to restaurants at Disney. Eating out here (Scotland) is expensive and we have been saving for disney for so long that I'm looking forward to having a prepaid DxDP and eating whatever I want for two weeks!

Jealous of your broadway trip. We went to ny in 2002 and I loved it!
I always figure if I don't get a call withing a day or two it is good news but don't wait call your doctor. Are you seeing a general practitioner or an endocrinologist? I also signed up online with my hospital and doctors to get my results online and I can print results too. Good luck with the bloodwork and meds. I hope they help regulate you fast.

For me being in Illinois eating at Disney is more expensive. lol I can see why it would be a treat and something to look forward too for you though. The disney dining plan and eating for free is fun. I looked forward to the different experiences like Ohana and Cinderellas castle etc.

Good luck on the test results keep us posted.

Ang
Old Yesterday, 10:16 PM   #2917
SingingMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkydelia View Post
No results yet (they prob have them but I don't know who to call to get them!) I'm feeling really crappy though, don't think meds are working at all. Have more blood tests next week. I'm actually looking forward to restaurants at Disney. Eating out here (Scotland) is expensive and we have been saving for disney for so long that I'm looking forward to having a prepaid DxDP and eating whatever I want for two weeks! Jealous of your broadway trip. We went to ny in 2002 and I loved it!
Hope you feel better soon! Crappy is unacceptable! ;-)

Had a GREAT day in NYC today with dd20. Living 40 minutes from the city is a plus! Jersey Boys was excellent - better than the movie, which we did enjoy. Dd got student rush tickets, so we only paid $27 each for rear orchestra! We ate at a darling French restaurant we happened upon. Outdoor seating - felt like a cafe in Paris!

Dd wa nts to work for Disney after college graduation next May and DH wants to retire in Florida eventually. I will miss my Manhattan fun!

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

08/76 Fort Wilderness, 09/85 off site, 03/87 off site, 10/91 POFQ, 9/96 Dixie Landings, 07/14-21/01 Disney Magic Cruise! 6/22-7/01/06 Dolphin, 6/22-30/07 Dolphin 6/24-7/02/08 Dolphin, 6/23-7/01/2009 Dolphin, FIVE-PEAT 6/2010 Dolphin! 5/14-21/12 ABD City of Knights & Lights, 1/8-16/13 Dolphin, 7/14-7/22/13 Once Upon a Fairytale, 1/2014 Dolphin, 7/2014 POFQ, 8/2014 Disney Aulani
SingingMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:00 AM   #2918
luvmarypoppins
I am debating whether to put a new one back on his
O.K. who is the sista here right now?
((Hug))

funkydelia - I would call to see about your results too. Hope you get good results. Hmm, is no news good news where you live?? I sure hope so!

Singing Mom - glad you liked Jersey Boys. My cousin went and loved it he said. I hear you about retiring to Florida. The taxes here in NY are crazy. We would like to retire some place cheaper too. Or at least be snowbirds.

ang - Cant comment on the cytomel but hope it helps you to feel better. Also hope the cpap machine helps you feel better too. My cousin uses it and so does a friend of ours. They say it helps. Any luck with your ds and a job? Both of mine are sending out resumes and nothing! Not good. I even look online to see if I see something for them etc. Nothing they qualify for or would like etc. I dont know how people say the economy is getting better. My one ds said his friend sends out 20 resumes a week for accounting and sometimes he may get a call or an interview, but that is it.

I think my endo visit is a week from Mon I have to check and see. I am doing my dh countdown. 4 more days.
luvmarypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: