Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2014, 04:57 PM   #1636
zhalo
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqui View Post
Please help me!! I have tried rolling and my clothes are a wrinkled mess!! I gave up on this last trip and just packed. I would love to roll though and possibly eliminate a suitcase, if I could.
There are a few tricks. One is just getting them as flat as possible when rolling. Lots of people struggle with that. Some fabrics are just more prone to wrinkling, and for those, put a layer of thin plastic in the roll. I roll things in used dry cleaning bags, and I promise, you will not have wrinkles!

I used to travel a lot for work -- 10 days on the road, 3 days at home, back out for 10 days, home for 3, out for 10, and so on. So, I'm good at stuffing a bag, and I had to be "camera ready" every day with no chance for professional pressing (and little time for ironing in a hotel room). Keeping away wrinkles was essential.

My best tip is to test your packing methods before your trip. Take the items you think are most likely to wrinkle, and try some different methods. See if they are wrinkled after they've been "packed" for a couple of days.

Also, take a trial-sized bottle of Downy Wrinkle Release (or get a recipe and make your own).
zhalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:40 PM   #1637
MegEliz
Earning My Ears

fixer for flip flops

I love to wear flip flops in the parks (call me crazy but I just can't do socks and shoes) But sometimes they can break (for me it's usually the strap by your toes) So I'm planning on bringing bread bag ties for our upcoming trip. If my shoe breaks in the park and I'm in a jam, I just slip the tie onto the strap on the underside of my shoe. It holds in place for quite a while and saves me having to buy new ones!
Register to remove

Old Yesterday, 08:13 PM   #1638
maryandtyson
Mouseketeer

There was something about washing cups and mugs in a post. Not sure is this is a repeat. If so, I apologize. I cut a sponge into quarters and soak the pieces in dish soap. Each little piece will wash all our cups once or twice.
Old Yesterday, 08:36 PM   #1639
xipotec
Grinning Ghosts

Pop up laundry hamper......
Before that too many to list
!

SOME IMAGINATION, HUH??? - Mickey Mouse
xipotec is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: