DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2012, 06:30 PM   #16
dsneygirl
My little pirate is here
The mixed drinks always tasted yummy to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissathePooh View Post
How challenging is Aulani at the 7 mos point? We are hoping to go next May/June 2013 and curious about how its been for reservations/inventory availability. Any information is appreicated!

We're going this June and we had to do a split stay 1 bedroom/studio as we couldn't get a 1 bedroom for all 8 nights. We booked right at 7 months.
FW 1980, 1984, 1988, DxL 1992, Canada Pavillon CM July 1997-July 1998, (Met DH at the BeaverTails shack) Off site Feb 1999 Engaged at Cindy's Sept 2000, DL GC Feb 2001, POFQ Sept 2001, Poly June 2002, Off site March 2003, FW Hallowe'en 2003, GF Xmas 2003, DisneyLand Oct 2004, FW May 2005 Joined DVC June 2005 SSR Oct 2005, OKW Dec 2005, DLH Mar 2006,DS's 1st Trip BCV & CBR Oct 2006, VWL & POR Dec 2006, BCV & POR May 2007, BWV & ASM Aug 2007, SSR Oct 2007 VWL Dec 2007, AKL/VWL Sept 2008, March 2009 Pop/BCV, Disney Wonder and AKV/BCV May 2009, AKL/VWL Sept 2009, OKW Dec 2009,Mar 2010 Disney Wonder and BLT, May 2010 AKL, Aug 2010 VWL/BCV,Dec 2010 AKL, Feb 2011 Disney Dream/VWL, May 2011 BLT, Sept 2011 VGC, Oct 2011 SSR, Aulani June 2012, BCV/VWL Sept 2012, AKV/BLT Sept 2013, Dec 2013 VWL/DisneyDream, Aug 2014 SSR/AKL, Nov 2014 VGC
(me)(DH)(DS 7) (DS 2)

dsneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:46 PM   #17
Anal Annie
....at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't stop it....

Also hoping to book something at Aulani for next August...we had wanted to go THIS summer but the airfare was cost prohibitive (we just went to Europe & did one of the DCL Med cruises last summer so we're still feeling the pinch). My biggest dilemma will be resisting the urge to book airfare before I can nail down a ressie at the 7 mo. mark. Personally, I think that this summer probably isn't an accurate gauge of availability since the resort is still so new and it's not completely open yet. But I am watching all of the Aulani threads very closely for hints of problems and success stories. Our first choice would be a studio (either island or pool view), probably for 4 or 5 nights bcuz then we'd likely hop to Maui for a few nights...Of course staying put on Oahu is the cheapest option but we LOVE Maui. If we decide NOT to go to FL again over next spring break bcuz of Aulani in the summer then I might spring for a 1 bedroom since we'd have extra points... We also need to decide if we'll build in a stop-over at DL for a couple of nights. I would love to do that so we could see the new Cars Land but those studios REALLLLLLY eat up the points...AND that stop adds several hundred dollars to the airfare. It's much cheaper to just keep on moving!

Decisions, decisions!! Maybe I'll see some of ya'll there!!

Come join me for my 2nd ever trip report now in progress for DisneyLAND and Aulani and Maui 2014. http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post52179607

My first ever trip report - Disneyland Paris and our DCL Med cruise: http://thewhitehouseblog.weebly.com/ (ALMOST but not quite finished)

August 2014 - 3 n @ VGC & DL followed by 7 n @ Aulani follwed by 3 n on Maui / Jan 2014 - 5 n @ AKV Jambo House / Aug 2013 - 9 nights @ SSR / Aug 2012 - 9 n @ Boardwalk Villas and HRH / Mar-Apr 2012 6 n @ Bay Lake / August 2011 Disneyland Paris and DCL MED cruise / August 2010 Disney's DVC resort at Hilton Head Island, SC / March 2010 Kidani Village at AKV / August '09 BCV & Vero Beach / May '09 SSR / July '08 AKV & B2B Cruises on The Wonder/ January '08 VWL / August '07 OKW / July '06 Offsite - Waikiki, Kona & Ka'anapali, Hawaii / July '05 Disneyland & Disney Magic West Coast Cruise to the Mexican Riviera / Summer '04 CSR / May '03 Offsite - St. John, USVI / Summer '02 AKL & O.C., MD

[/url]IMG]http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/uploads/21406/ssrgroup.jpg[/IMG] [url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]

[url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]
Anal Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2012, 05:38 PM   #18
nordkin
DIS Veteran

Wondering how difficult January 18-26 will be at 7 months. Got a great deal with frequent flyer miles at 40,000 roundtrip for a non stop from Dulles on United. I went ahead a booked the flight because I can move the dates of the flights with no penalty so our dates can be flexible. We selected those dates so we would be there for my birthday, but we are willing to move the dates if necessary. We are hoping for a studio but will book a one bedroom if we have to.
nordkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:09 PM   #19
Anal Annie
....at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't stop it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordkin View Post
Wondering how difficult January 18-26 will be at 7 months. Got a great deal with frequent flyer miles at 40,000 roundtrip for a non stop from Dulles on United. I went ahead a booked the flight because I can move the dates of the flights with no penalty so our dates can be flexible. We selected those dates so we would be there for my birthday, but we are willing to move the dates if necessary. We are hoping for a studio but will book a one bedroom if we have to.
That's a great deal! The last couple of times we went to HI we went out of BWI...no non-stops from there...used to be none from Dulles either. That's nice that they've added that one, although it's later in the day than I would normally choose.

I spent a good part of my day today checking into our Amex. Reward options to see how to best use them and while I was toodling around online I saw that United out of Dulles is just about the cheapest option out there right now. We have about 73,000 Amex points that I am trying to figure out the best use of. We could x-fer them to Delta Skymiles but we'd need 65,000 for just 1 person round trip. While it would be nice to cover 1 of us Delta is just about THE MOST EXPENSIVE to buy out of pocket so unless we traveled separately that's not a good deal. So now I'm thinking the best use might be to transfer the points to Starwood and book 5 or 6 nights at one of the Westins or the Sheraton hotels on Maui and just pay OoP for the flights. I am such a schemer...we could apply for a SW credit card that would get us enough points for 2 round trip tix to LA then we'd only have to pay for our DS. Then we might be able to find some good deals on flights from LA to HNL. I have an old Hawaiian Airlines FF acct. so I could maybe sign up for 1 of their credit cards too and get 20,000 bonus miles...then combine those points with the Amex. points that are left after booking the Maui hotel and maybe have enough points to cover some or all of our inter-island flighs. SUCH planning I gotta do to get my tush back to the land of Aloha!! It's gonna drive me nuts now that we won't be able to book Aulani until Januay....

Good luck booking your birthday week!!

Come join me for my 2nd ever trip report now in progress for DisneyLAND and Aulani and Maui 2014. http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post52179607

My first ever trip report - Disneyland Paris and our DCL Med cruise: http://thewhitehouseblog.weebly.com/ (ALMOST but not quite finished)

August 2014 - 3 n @ VGC & DL followed by 7 n @ Aulani follwed by 3 n on Maui / Jan 2014 - 5 n @ AKV Jambo House / Aug 2013 - 9 nights @ SSR / Aug 2012 - 9 n @ Boardwalk Villas and HRH / Mar-Apr 2012 6 n @ Bay Lake / August 2011 Disneyland Paris and DCL MED cruise / August 2010 Disney's DVC resort at Hilton Head Island, SC / March 2010 Kidani Village at AKV / August '09 BCV & Vero Beach / May '09 SSR / July '08 AKV & B2B Cruises on The Wonder/ January '08 VWL / August '07 OKW / July '06 Offsite - Waikiki, Kona & Ka'anapali, Hawaii / July '05 Disneyland & Disney Magic West Coast Cruise to the Mexican Riviera / Summer '04 CSR / May '03 Offsite - St. John, USVI / Summer '02 AKL & O.C., MD

[/url]IMG]http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/uploads/21406/ssrgroup.jpg[/IMG] [url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]

[url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]
Anal Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:03 AM   #20
musical2
DIS Veteran

We are going to Aulani starting on June 24 this year and had no trouble getting a 2 Bedroom Ocean View at exactly 7 months out for a week. I may have just been lucky though.

musical2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: