Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2013, 06:29 PM   #16
cappygirl
Mouseketeer

We started with a TA for our first cruise and loved her so much we kept using her even for park trips which I can just as easily do by myself. But I'm happy to give her the commission and she sends small gifts every time that gets us all excited about our trip.
Also - I referred some business to her and she upgraded our room from the All Stars to BLT.
Definitely worth it to have a good relationship with an excellent agent!
Old 02-20-2013, 07:17 PM   #17
TwinkleKS
Mouseketeer

I used to book on my own, but this last trip I used a TA and had a personal conceirge service. It was great!

We could have as little or as much control as we wanted. I liked that the TA would keep up on discounts and I didn't have to. I think the Disney booking site is a pain in the you know what ... so I told the TA which options I wanted to compare and they took care of it.

I live in the central time zone and didn't want to get up before dawn to ensure I had lunch at Cinderella's Castle on my daughter's birthday ... so I had the TA do that for me

The personal conceirge service added a whole lot more to the trip as well, but that is another discussion.
TwinkleKS is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2013, 08:22 PM   #18
hgeisler
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkereina
With work, I am often too busy to find the time to call WDW or hassle with their glitchy web site so I will phone or email my TA and have her do the leg work. If you know what you want, might as well have someone else take care of the logistics. Our TA runs her own business and has a 24 hour policy, as in call anytime. If our flight gets delayed or we miss our connection, we can call her no matter what hour and she is on it. Also, some Disney TAs have a little clout with Disney so they may hook you up if they can!
My reason exactly.
hgeisler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:13 PM   #19
gjl
Mouseketeer

Removed

Last edited by gjl; 01-21-2014 at 11:55 PM.
gjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:47 AM   #20
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjl

Yep- I hate being on hold. My TA (Dreams Unlimited) booked my reservation and changed it when I needed to....and all I did was shoot her an email. I was able to book my own ADRs with no issues.
I have always booked my wdw trips myself and I hate the whole being on hold thing....UGH!!!!
Boy! Let me tell you have I gotten spoiled with my upcoming March trip. DD is a CM right now and they have a dedicated reservation line. Well once she made my reservation, I have been able to call that line and make my changes or schedule my ME, etc... I am never on hold...not even 30 seconds. It doesn't even finish the message before someone is on the line! I LOVE it! Boy am I going to miss that when her CP is over...sigh!!! And I have to go back into the generic phone pool, UGH!
stitchlovestink is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: