Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2014, 09:51 PM   #16
FutureMrsLaster
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bewitch324 View Post
Yay on selling the car!! What a relief that must have been!!!

I'm so happy you got your ring and you love it. I'd love to see a picture (hint hint).

Congratulations on confirming your photographer and videographer, those are two MAJOR steps!!

And booking your Alfred Angelo shopping excursion, very very exciting. I can't wait to hear how it goes!

Brooke
Thank you!!! ugh. I keep forgetting to post the ring. I'll get around to it hahaha.
FutureMrsLaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 09:52 PM   #17
FutureMrsLaster
Earning My Ears

Exciting news!!!! ....and wedding nightmares....

Current weight loss....... 40 pounds!!! So excited! 50 more to go! I've been working so hard since the holidays! I was positive I had gained some weight, but I didn't! I just got the zumba DVDs, so I've been using them almost everyday. I love zumba! And I've really been watching my calorie intake. Loading up on fruits and veggies. Very little carbs. And no sweets. Except the occasional candy cane.

We ordered our invitations! They are so cute! Got a great deal on Vistaprint. I was able to add the little Mickey head to them so they have the Disney touch. I will upload a pic. We are doing things a bit different than most people. We aren't sending save the dates. I figured if people receive the STDs and plan their trip around the wedding, they don't need the formal invite 2 months beforehand. If they booked a room, you know they are coming. So we are sending out the invites on Monday. RSVPs due in March. Wedding in December.

Most of our guests are first timers to Disney or haven't been there in years. So I am sending out a monthly newsletter with lots of info. Good places to eat, resort recommendations, info about the parks, etc. And we have been dealing with some crazy winter weather here so I have had some time off work. I have just about all of the newsletters done! I am never this organized. Pretty excited to just be able to print them at the beginning of the month and send them out. I think the newsletters are also a good way to keep the excitement up!

When we send out the invites, we'll also send out the first newsletter. I want to send everyone a Disney folder to keep all of their trip info and newsletters in. I cannot find them ANYWHERE!!! I checked Target, Wal-mart, Disney store... Tomorrow we are going to check Walgreens and K-mart and CVS. If we don't have any luck, I'll have to find some online. That will delay us sending out the invites, but thats okay I guess.

Oh goodness.... Last night I had my second wedding nightmare! I'm pretty sure I posted about my first one. My wedding band was hideous!!!!! But this one was crazier and way more detailed. Our wedding wasn't at Disney. It was in some weird park. We had NO food for our guests. So like an hour before the ceremony, I was driving around town trying to find some last minute catering ideas. And all I could find was meat! hahaha I was so stressed because I didn't want to pay for meat. (I am vegan) And then at the ceremony, Joe was doing some reading. He looked at the officiant and the guy nodded at Joe. All of a sudden he started telling off his aunt and made her leave!!! I was mortified and ran away. Then everyone disappeared. I was alone. Then there was some weird old man who asked me to help him find his lucky insert for his shoe. SO WEIRD!!!! I found it. Then he started kissing me. Like really kissing me! Thank God the alarm went off after that. Share your wedding nightmares with me!!! They make me laugh!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-11-2014, 10:54 PM   #18
WDWLover75
Mouseketeer

Hi. Target always has some Disney folders in summer with all the back to school stuff, they are around $1 each. This past summer, I didn't really like any of the designs though so, I just decorated red folders with Disney Washi tape on the outside and Disney scrapbook paper on the inside. We added labels to the front we got from Vistaprint.

Also, last year, Target had cute Disney stuff for valentines day which worked really well for our welcome bags
Old 01-20-2014, 09:36 PM   #19
FutureMrsLaster
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWLover75 View Post
Hi. Target always has some Disney folders in summer with all the back to school stuff, they are around $1 each. This past summer, I didn't really like any of the designs though so, I just decorated red folders with Disney Washi tape on the outside and Disney scrapbook paper on the inside. We added labels to the front we got from Vistaprint.

Also, last year, Target had cute Disney stuff for valentines day which worked really well for our welcome bags
hey! we couldn't find anything so i gave up haha. Thank you!
Old 01-20-2014, 09:38 PM   #20
FutureMrsLaster
Earning My Ears

We sent out our invites!!!! I dropped them off at the post office on Thursday. I was so anxious for people to get their mail on Friday haha. I texted a few people, "did you get your mail yet??" I'm such a crazy person. On Saturday, someone sent me a picture of their RSVP with the caption "I want to be the first to RSVP!!" That made me cry. Everything Disney or wedding related makes me cry.

I couldn't find the folders I was looking for... Bummer. But oh well, not the end of the world. However, I'm positive I'll find them now. Thats my luck.

Did I mention I am working out with a trainer? He's awesome!!! i saw him this past Friday. I updated him on my weight loss. Then I asked him if he thinks we can hit my goal by December. At first he made this weird face, and I got really discouraged. But then he said, "December?!?! I was thinking more like by the summer!" Whoa!!! I really hope we can do it! I feel like I am working so hard, but at the same time I feel like its not enough. I started keeping a food journal. Its really helpful! If you are trying to lose weight, I highly recommend it! But you have to be honest with yourself.

Funny story time... We saw Saving Mr. Banks. Did you see it?? We LOVED it! I cried... a lot! Unrelated to the story, but I had to share. Anyway, after we saw Mr. Banks, we saw Frozen!! Loved that too! Joe is kinda obsessed with it. It's scaring me a little. He tells me all the time how he listens to the music at work and even comes home singing it... So, while we were out on our folder hunt, we stopped in the Disney Store. They didn't have folders, but we looked around. In the back of the store, there is a giant tv screen where they play clips of movies. We were watching it and a commercial for a Disney vacation came on. Joe said "wow... 11 more months." I started crying. I had to go to a corner and compose myself. Joe was cracking up! I am so embarrassing!!! hahahaha! So then I was looking at the shirts. When I looked up to show him one, he was gone... I found him back over at the tv, watching a clip of Frozen! He is such a goof! I was so excited to get the "It's a small world" book! It comes with a CD of the song. Joe says I'm not allowed to listen to it though. ;-)

Holy moly Batman.... I am dress shopping THIS WEEKEND!!!!! Freaking out!!!! I just set up my photo bucket account, so I promise to upload pictures! And the ones of my wedding band. I hope this week flies by! Not only because I am excited, but because I am so tired and really miss Joe during the week. Our schedules are crazy and even though we live together, we never see each other. I work M-F 8-5 and twice a week I babysit 9pm-midnight. Joe works M-TH 12-9 and Saturday 8-5. So during the week, I get up and go to work. I get home around dinner time and hang out with our pup. By the time he gets home at 9:30, I am exhausted. And he immediately has to shower because he's filthy. Most of the time, I'm asleep by the time he is ready to relax and spend time together. Or if I'm working my second job, I have to leave the house again at 8:30 to get there by 9. So we just miss each other. I get home around half past midnight and we go straight to bed! Then I am up at 6:30 and getting ready for my first job again. Saturday, by the time he gets home and showered, its dinner time. Then we just relax, or I work. Sunday is our only day together!! We love it! Best day of the week!!! And I'm really considering adding a third job to have extra money for the wedding. I just have no idea how I would even fit that in!

Until next time...
Old 03-13-2014, 11:18 PM   #21
kmg3366
Mouseketeer

Okay this is just awesome! I currently live in Elkton, MD, but I'm from King of Prussia (I saw you were from Philly under your avatar). We are having our Disney wedding in April 2015. We have booked Trinity and are planning on booking Thirteenth Moon Photography. I'm kinda excited because David from Trinity said he hasn't worked with them before, but it looks like he will by the time our wedding comes! I'd love to chat with you! Your wedding plans look awesome and you are moving right along. Have fun dress shopping!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: