Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2003, 03:35 PM   #1
safetymom
Have will travel
ABD trips = clothes optional

Caribbean Beach Resort FAQ's

I am willing to answer FAQ's about the resort. I have been to this resort many, many times. I have also stayed at the other moderates.

I also have a web page with many pictures of CBR. I have more to add from this weekend visit.

So ask away and I will try to help. If I don't know the answer someone else will.

I will be adding some FAQ's here in this first post so check back often.

1. What are the preferred buildings at CBR? What is the cost?

Preferred buildings at CBR in 2004

In Martinique it will be buildings 24, 25, 26. In Trinidad North it will be 31,32,33.

The additional charge will be $15 per night.

Last edited by safetymom; 03-12-2004 at 04:03 PM.
Old 02-04-2003, 05:26 PM   #2
Wenlitz
The Tag Fairy has been known to do Tag and Runs....

I have seen pictures of this resort and it shows cream colored bedspreads with brown leaves on them??? Have they redone these rooms. We are considering add a second room do you know if they have connecting rooms?
What is there food court like? Thanks for all the info.

1996 - Dixie Landings
1998 - Coronado Springs
2002 - Wilderness Lodge
2005 - Coronado Springs
2007 - Caribbean Beach
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2003, 05:28 PM   #3
vicnmickey
I wish I was Cruising

Talking Safety mom, thanx for all your great info

I do have a question? Do they still have the coconut postcards in the gift shop. I have read about them somewhere else before. They sound really cool and I would love to get one!!!
Old 02-04-2003, 06:14 PM   #4
safetymom
Have will travel

I didn't see any coconut gift cards in the gift shop but I could have missed them. I think I would have remembered if I saw something like that.
Old 02-04-2003, 06:46 PM   #5
safetymom
Have will travel

Wenlitz, the bedspreads are very colorful. I have pictures of the room on my web page. I took some pics the other day. They do have connecting rooms. The room I just stayed in was one.

The food court can handle a lot of people. There were lines on Sunday but they cleared out very fast at the registers. I think they have a nice selection. The grab and go area has sandwiches, snacks, desserts, beverages, donuts, etc.

When we were there the cheerleaders were there also. Plenty of room for everyone.

CBR is a great resort.
Old 02-04-2003, 09:20 PM   #6
Mis4Mouse
I like twirling around 'til I'm dizzy

Thank goodness!

I'm so glad you posted! We've been to WDW a few times, but never stayed at CBR. I'm planning ten day totaly, four days with my daughters at CBR to relax before we start touring the parks when the rest of my family arrives on day five when we switch resorts. I would appreciate any specific tips regarding location, especially.

I plan on faxing a room request before we go, but I don't know what I should be asking for! I also wondered which "island" is quieter, which is has nicer landscaping and/or views, and which ones are not too far to the foodcourt and beaches and is it possible to have a location not too far from the main pool, but not far from a quiet pool. In your opinion, is convenience a priority or atmosphere when choosing location at the CBR?

Thanks for your help!
S
May 2001 - Swan
August 2003 - CBR and Yacht Club
October 2005 - Coronado

~ *A VERY Important Date!* ~
Old 02-05-2003, 04:28 AM   #7
safetymom
Have will travel

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the villages at CBR. The two closest would be Martinique and Trinidad North. I think there are great views no matter where you stay. The landscaping is great all over. We have stayed at Trinindad North, Aruba, Martinique. Even if you are on the other side of the lake the walk is not far. Both of the villages I mentioned are close to Old Port Royale the food court and have a quiet pool very close. I really feel like you escape from the world when you stay at CBR. The theming and the atmosphere make for a great stay.
Old 02-05-2003, 08:23 AM   #8
travelin' tigger

I've finally met Tigger and I'm doin' the "Super Duper Alley Ooper Loop-de-Looper Bounce"!

I just returned from CBR 1 1/2 weeks ago and I do remember seeing coconuts at the area outside the gift shop. Didn't take a close look at them so don't know if they were postcard coconuts, or just plain coconuts.

Hope this helps!!!

2014: BWV Mar • GFV/BLT Jul ~ 2013: BWV Mar • BWV Jul • OKW Nov ~ 2012: BWV Feb • BCV Aug • OKW Nov ~ 2011: OKW May • AKV Jan ~ 2010: OKW Nov • HR/BCV Aug • ASMu/BCV May • AKV Jan ~ 2009: BWV Dec • OKW Oct • ASMu Sep • Pop July • BWV May • Pop Feb ~ 2008: OKW Nov • BCV Aug • BWV Jun/Jul • BWV Mar ~ 2007: BWV Dec • ASSp/BWV Nov • ASSp/BWV Sep • ASMu May•BWV Mar ~ 2006: BWV Dec • Dolphin Sep/BWV Oct • ASMu Aug • Pop/BCV May • Dolphin/BWV Jan ~ 2005: Swan/HR/OKW Dec • ASMo Sep/BWV Oct • Pop Feb ~ 2004: Swan/RPR Dec • Pop/WL Oct • Safari May • Pop Jan ~ 2003: Dolphin/RPR Nov/Dec • CSR Jun • CBR Jan ~ 2002: POFQ/ASMu Dec • ASSp Jun • ASMu Feb ~ 2001: ASMu Nov

Old 02-05-2003, 09:06 AM   #9
mom2of2
Let the good times strolllllll!
Don't we just get tickeled at the smallest things?

Thanks so much for starting this thread!!!! I'm so excited that we are going to CBR in 40 + days!!!!
Old 02-05-2003, 09:11 AM   #10
safetymom
Have will travel

You will really enjoy this resort. It is my favorite of the moderates. Although I think they are all great.
Old 02-05-2003, 03:35 PM   #11
Mis4Mouse
I like twirling around 'til I'm dizzy

Coconuts?

Thanks for the location info...I read somewhere about "corner rooms" has anyone stayed in one, and why are they mentioned in some of the guidebooks I've read? Also, could someone explain about the coconuts posted below??
Something about postcards????

thanks!
S
May 2001 - Swan
August 2003 - CBR and Yacht Club
October 2005 - Coronado

~ *A VERY Important Date!* ~
Old 02-05-2003, 03:50 PM   #12
JWP
Mouseketeer

I noticed your pictures of the new food court at CBR. Is the beverage island still there? Is it outside of the registers?
Dixie Landings 9/00
Port Orleans 2/01
Off-Park 10/01
Caribbean Beach 4/02
Country Inn & Suites Maingate 10/02
Caribbean Beach 2/03
Pop Century 2/05
Pop Century 9/06

Old 02-05-2003, 03:51 PM   #13
mom2of2
Let the good times strolllllll!
Don't we just get tickeled at the smallest things?

"IF" the poster meant the actual coconuts that people send through the mail, then they are just that....actual coconuts that just have a to and from on them. I only know this because I deliver mail and have delivered a few of them. We always lol at the coconuts and shake em up a little (just checking for freshness )
Old 02-05-2003, 03:57 PM   #14
vicnmickey
I wish I was Cruising

Talking Let me try to explain the Coconut postcards

I read somewhere on these boards about coconut postcards that can be purchased at CBR. Don't ask me were I read it from, I have been on the boards for about a year. This is one of the things I did not write down.
Well anyways, I just thought they sounded kinda of neat and wanted to purchase one. They are coconuts that you can send in the mail. I wanted to send one to myself, so when we get back from our cruise we have something to smile about. I hope they still have them.
Old 02-05-2003, 03:58 PM   #15
safetymom
Have will travel

Mis4Mouse, I have a picture of a corner room on my web page. You just have another window. The room is exactly the same just another window.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: