Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2003, 08:35 AM   #1
mkingdon
Obsessed...and admits it!!

The Williams tour of Florida restrooms - Day Four - He ain't heavy, he's my rucksack

Cast

Me - Craig, only just 33. Rucksack carrier and stroller pusher.
Louise - Wife, 34, slowly becoming addicted to WDW.
Emily - Aged 8. Moody, full of attitude and daddy’s girl.
Rebecca - Aged 6. Comedian, Olympic eater and worrier.

The Williams tour of Florida restrooms, sponsored by VISA.

Day Four – Sunday 17th August – He ain’t heavy, he’s my rucksack.

The plan for today was EPCOT. We were all up at 6.00 this morning, and the tell tale signs were there that the journey and yesterday had tired us out, but the plan said EPCOT, so that was what we were doing.

We let the kids go in the pool for an hour, I even joined them. They loved the pool and would have spent all 14 days in it if we had let them.

We decided to have breakfast out today, and we drove along the 192 looking for something to take our fancy. I saw a Golden Corral, and remember hearing good things about this buffet so in we went.

Well, it cost us the princely sum of $25, and I think I personally ate about $50 worth. I had some of everything from the massive selction. I started with fruit, then muffins, then…well it would just get embarrassing to go into more detail and you would all think me greedy. Let’s just draw a veil over it, and leave it at that. Oh yes, Louise finished her breakfast with a large slice of chocolate fudge cake. That is the level of excess we are talking about here.

We rolled back out to the Jeep, and with some rope and winch assistance climbed in. We were stuffed.

We didn’t get to EPCOT until 10.15 (another sign of our tiredness as I was planning to get there at 9). Louise got in line for the strollers. First job for me was FP for TT. Off I went to TT and did just that. Louise was still in the queue when I got back but was soon served.

Rucksack report today:

Camcorder
Camera
Cool bag with two iced bottles of water
Two of those cool spray fan things
Sun Cream
Autograph Books

As we walked away from the stroller desk with girls in transit, I remembered how much I like EPCOT. It has a great atmosphere, and as with all the parks, it’s own distinct feel. That slightly 80’s sounding music was being piped around us, and I was looking forward to a great day.

Emily decided that we would do Spaceship Earth first. As I was in charge I decided that would be OK (who am I kidding). There was quite a queue for this, about 20 minutes, the longest I’ve ever seen to be honest. Anyway, on we got and off we went. I was slightly disappointed with today’s ride, as it kept stopping. This meant that much of the narration was out of sync and missed. We were to return so no worries.

Restroom stop.

As we walked up towards Innoventions etc I saw Ice Station Cool. For some reason I had never done this, so thought we would give it a try. I was taken by surprise by the climatic conditions, and the shock of going from nearly 100 degrees to that was quite a big one.
Being a kind and considerate type I went to get everyone a drink. I had some lemon stuff, and so did the kids, and I thought I’d get Louise a nice cup of Beverley.

I just about kept a straight face as she started to glug it down. Well, how she avoided vomitting I’m not sure. She was coughing and splurting everywhere, and everyone was looking at this strange woman who was choking to death, with a handsome bloke laughing his head off behind her.

I did the decent thing and went and got her a nice drink to remove the taste.

She vowed revenge, and I think it was to visit every restroom in WDW before we left.

Off to the Living Seas now.

Restroom stop.

Our tiredness was causing us to breeze past things now, as we just wanted to sit down. We saw the manatees, and had a brief walk around the fish viewing windows. We lasted about half an hour in the Living Seas, including a restroom stop.

Then it was time for our FP for TT. What doesn’t help nervous child riders, Mr Disney, is that horrendous noise every time a car goes past. It sounds like it is doing about 400mph. Please re-construct that ride purely for my benefit!

Anyway, we got the kids in the queue and Emily was very nervous. We talked her into getting in and I held on to her tightly.

Off we went, and she was doing OK. We got through the brake test, and the heat and cold bit, and then…..it broke down. Five minutes just sitting there with the kids thinking it was part of the ride and some manic crash test dummies were going to appear and chase them.

Eventually, a CM led us all out and gave us passes for another ride. Some chance of that for the girls!!!!

At that point we made our way to World Showcase. We started at Mexico, and for a calming effect rode Rio Del Tempo. The girls felt better about this. Did some browsing, tried on the big hats and shook the maracas. Doesn’t everyone.

Went outside and got a margharita slush thing from the stand. Very nice, but they went straight to our heads. Luckily I wouldn’t be driving for some hours yet.

Restroom stop. (Norway)

Made it as far as Norway, and got a FP for Maelstrom. At this point we found a bench and just sat in the sun for half an hour until the FP came around. It was HOT today. I had to retire to one of the shops for a while to cool down, so it must have been serious.

Rode Maelstrom, saw the film. The film looks very dated now I think. Kids were bored silly.

We then took a walk through the other countries without really stopping in any for too long. We were really feeling the pace now. Certain family members were showing signs of grumpiness. Not me of course, I was a ray of sunshine.

Stopped in the American Adventure and caught the last couple of songs from the group that sing in the foyer. Outstanding. Much better than the show itself I thought.
Watched the show, and the kids really were bored here. Maybe you need to be American.

Restroom stop. (America)

We then walked to International Gateway, as we had planned to eat at Beaches & Cream. We had loved this last trip and it was one of our favourite memories.

We caught the boat, got off at Y&BC and made the long walk (well it felt like it) to B&C. Ten minute wait for a table. The girls were now showing their tiredness by fighting with each other, being cheeky and weepy all at the same time.

This somewhat dented the magic of our Beaches & Cream experience. The shakes were still great tough. The plan had been to return to EPCOT for ROE, but this was obviously out of the question tonight.

Admitted defeat and started the long, long journey first by boat and then on foot to the front gates of EPCOT. Drove home in quite a bad storm, and called at Wal-Mart for some bits. Threw kids in bed and relaxed with a book for a while.

Louise went to bed at 9.00 so me and Ben Elton stayed up until 11.00.

We suffered today by not recognising the signs of theme park fatigue. I’m surrounded by wimps!!!

Tomorrow - MGM
Cypress Pointe August 2004

Trip Report 2003 - The Williams Tour of Florida Restrooms Sponsored by VISA

The Sunshine, Moonlight, Good Times & Boogie(board) Tour August 2007

mkingdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 12:40 PM   #2
KayleeUK
Still here.....

Quote:
tried on the big hats and shook the maracas. Doesn’t everyone

YES!!!
Register to remove

Old 09-03-2003, 02:45 PM   #3
Scottish_Maleficent
DIS Veteran

Quote:
and I thought I’d get Louise a nice cup of Beverley
Oh how thoughtful of you!!!!!!!

Quote:
Went outside and got a margharita slush thing from the stand
Frozen margaritas.........mmmmmm my favourite!!

Fantastic trip reports Craig.......can't wait to read more!!!

Cath:D
Scottish_Maleficent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 03:10 PM   #4
Tartan Tigger
I fixed my PC MYSELF!!!!!!!!
I need all the help I can get
Sends little flat people around the world
I tossed my cookies for Dixie Amos

That was really kind of you to get some Beverly for Louise:D I had the same reaction she did the first time I tried it.

Brilliant report, don't make us wait to long for the next installment.
Old 09-03-2003, 11:16 PM   #5
squitty
With a little bit of Pixie Dust
Finds it hard to type with her eyes closed

One of our fave places to eat is the Golden Corral....yummy

Looking forward to the next installment
Old 09-04-2003, 06:15 AM   #6
Mrs Dazzle
Florida-mad (well, mad full stop!)
Looking for her George Clooney doctor...
Tag Fairy's don't go on holiday (or vacation) ;-)

I've obviously missed out too by not visiting Ice Station Cool.

So, have I got this right - I'm to pass on the Beverley drink to DH?
Oct/Nov 83 - tour of Florida; June 99 - Orlando/Sand Key; May 00 - Orlando/St Pete Beach; May 01 - St Pete Beach; Sept/Oct 01 - (Hong Kong & Philippines); Oct 02 - Orlando/Marco Island/Keys; May 03 - (St Lucia); Oct 03 - Orlando/Marco Island; Dec 04 - Xmas skiing in a winter wonderland; Aug 05 - Ft Myers Beach/Orlando; Easter 06 - Skiing Lake Tahoe/San Fransisco; Easter 07 - Boston/Killington for another American ski adventure Oct 07 - Orlando; Aug 08 - Florida for three weeks; Apr 09 - Katie's 16th birthday treat with mum to NewYorkOct 09 - Miami & Marco Island; June 12 - Celebrate Divorce in Barbados June 13 - Orlando & Barbados with my lovely DD
Mrs Dazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 03:00 AM   #7
Minniespal

The Original 'Free Spirit'
Who's Next??

Wonderful reviews ~ Thanx for sharing!!!!
Minniespal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 05:50 PM   #8
AlisonB
Bonzo's DW!!
The Tag Fairies visit EVERYWHERE, Alison! Just ask AngelUK :-)
All Aboard! Now Leaving Twoterville!!!

LOts of sympathy with you and the tired kids - you've had 2 major days on the trot!
1994 - EuroDisney
1999 - Offsite
2001 - CBR & Polynesian
2003 - Wilderness Lodge & Hard Rock
2004 - Pop, RPH, CSR, PBH, Contemporary
2006 - Disneyland Paris - Newport Bay Club
2007 - POR, HRH, Grand Floridian
2008 - ASSp, BCV, VB, RPR, VWL
AlisonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 11:58 AM   #9
Astrid
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars

Blimey! Not surprised you were all a tad tired!

Love Beaches & Cream!

Astrid
DLP - Dec '97
ASMu - Mar '02
Off Site & The Polynesian - May '03
Off Site & The Dolphin - Dec '03
The Dolphin/The Yacht Club & Sam's Wedding - May '04
HRH & Private Villa - Oct '05
Private Villa & Royal Pacific Resort - May '07
Astrid is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: