Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2003, 04:41 PM   #1
Scottish_Maleficent
DIS Veteran

Talking Cath's Trip Report - Day 1 - Mouse on the Menu????

Day 1 – Mouse on the menu??

Who’s Who

Me – Cath, 32
DH – Tony, 34
DS1 – Anthony 4 years, 10 months
DS2 – Christopher, 3 years 11 months

We shared a villa with the McCusker Family - Ann Marie, my cousin, Her DH Michael, and their kids John, Michael and Gerard, ages 11, 9 and 6

Today was to be a nice easy day – get some supplies, and tonight – Chef Mickeys for dinner, then MK for Spectro and FitS.

The day started well – everyone got up and felt not too bad, we had breakfast in the villa – cereal, toast etc.
Then we went to Church, and then Wal*Mart – to get more supplies. We intended to do breakfast in the villa every morning and most days we would take a small picnic to the parks.

We had a lunch of Wal*Mart’s delicious hot chicken and potato wedges in the villa when we got back. We just chilled until it was time to go to Chef Mickeys. The younger kids got a bit mixed up and thought we were having Mickey for dinner, instead of dinner with Mickey!!!!! LOL
We were booked for 5pm, so decided to park in MK’s lot and take the monorail, then afterwards we would go into MK!!

The look on the kids faces when we were in the courtesy tram to take us to TTC was brilliant. They were really excited about it all. We got to the Contemporary with some time to spare, so needless to say we did some shopping. The kids wanted to buy everything in sight, but finally decided on a Chef Mickey each.

Time for Chef Mickeys – we had our picture taken and we were shown to our table – we had a big round table which sat 9. It was simply magical…..the food was fantastic – the prime rib was to die for, the characters were great and the napkin twirling was great fun!!!

We got to MK for around 7 – but it was raining – LOTS AND LOTS. People were leaving the park in their hundreds, we decided to buy ponchos and stick it out. We waited under cover at Casey’s Corner for about an hour – the rain was so heavy. It eventually got a bit better and we decided to go for it. We had such great fun – in 90 minutes we did Buzz (twice) TTA, TeaCups (twice…), Dumbo, Pooh, Carousel, and big boys did Space Mountain – all walk-on. It was brilliant. Spectro was cancelled unfortunately, but we watched FitS before heading for the monorail and then home.

It was such a fantastic day – the kids loved Chef Mickey’s and meeting the characters.
I fell asleep very happy and contented………
Scottish_Maleficent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 04:34 AM   #2
Minniespal

The Original 'Free Spirit'
Who's Next??

Thanks for sharing ~ Wonderful reviews!!!!!
Minniespal is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-18-2003, 02:00 PM   #3
Tartan Tigger
I fixed my PC MYSELF!!!!!!!!
I need all the help I can get
Sends little flat people around the world
I tossed my cookies for Dixie Amos

I know what you mean about it raining lots and lots, that was the night I arrived at the Caribbean Beach and the rain was torrential. Hope you got to see Spectro later in your trip.
Old 07-19-2003, 03:19 AM   #4
KayleeUK
Still here.....

I love Chef Mickey's :D I will have to practice my napkin twirling
Old 07-19-2003, 04:34 AM   #5
UK Valerie
TRUST NO-ONE

Sounds like you had a great night once the rain stopped

Riu Orlando Nov 2003 2 weeks
ASSport June 2003 1 week
Off-site villa Mar 2003 2weeks
ASMusic Mar 2002 3 weeks
ASMusic Mar 2001 2 weeks
ASMusic Feb/Mar99 3 weeks
<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'Nov 29,2003 9:30:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkblue>Countdown to seeing Disney xmas decorations </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Let it snow, let it snow ,let it snow!! ';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

Planning JULY 04

The "We'll get up when we like" Tour Report
UK Valerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 11:25 AM   #6
squitty
With a little bit of Pixie Dust
Finds it hard to type with her eyes closed

It's great to see the kids faces light up. Chef Mickey's sounds great fun.
Sounds as though you didn't let the rain spoil anything.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: