Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2003, 05:12 PM   #1
Scottish_Maleficent
DIS Veteran

Talking Cath's trip report - The day before, and the cleaning comes to an end!!!

A Bit of Background

Who’s Who

Me – Cath, 32
DH – Tony, 34
DS1 – Anthony 4 years, 10 months
DS2 – Christopher, 3 years 11 months

We shared a villa with the McCusker Family - Ann Marie, my cousin, Her DH Michael, and their kids John, Michael and Gerard, ages 11, 9 and 6

This is our 3rd trip to Orlando as a family, 4th for Tony and I – we had one trip before the kids!! Last trip was 16 months ago.

We were staying in a 5 bed villa in Cumbrian Lakes, and travelling with United Airlines – Edinburgh – London – Chicago – Orlando.

We have 10 day world tickets for WDW and 14 day (for price of 3 day) Universal Tickets

Tony manages to finish early from work which is helpful!!
I can’t believe that this is the day before…….my mad cleaning frenzy has almost come to an end, and I can sit back and relax this evening with a glass of wine……..yeah right, as I decide to pack yet another toilet bag full of stuff I probably won’t use, but feel obliged to take since the Avon girl kindly delivered them in time for the holiday!!!

Flight is at 6.30am, not sure of time we need to check-in, since it is domestic, but we are international, so decide on 4.30 to be on the safe side. Brother will arrive at our house to take us to Airport at 3.30, and give 10 – 15 mins to put luggage and sleepy children into car.

Plan was to have an early night, but by the time I had washed the kitchen floor yet again, and used 2 bottles of Domestos on the downstairs loo, it was almost midnight.

So, we decide not to go to bed, but have a wee snooze on the sofa instead. We put Shrek DVD on because there is absolutely nothing on TV – even with Sky Digital, except a heavy movie with Kevin Costner about the Cuban Missile Crisis.

I did not sleep at all…….I was terrified I would oversleep!!

Anyway, my brother arrives a wee but early, and by the time we are loaded up it is only 3.25am, but we decide to leave anyway – I’m impatient, and after another wee squirt of loo cleaner,………. at last, we’re off to Walt Disney World………….!!!!!!!!
Scottish_Maleficent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 12:54 AM   #2
squitty
With a little bit of Pixie Dust
Finds it hard to type with her eyes closed

Cath,

We once decided not to go to sleep before our flight affraid that we would sleep in and we suffered We were shattered. We didnt get any sleep on the plane as planned.
I only hope this didnt happen with you!

Looking forward to the rest
Register to remove

Old 07-17-2003, 04:44 AM   #3
Minniespal

The Original 'Free Spirit'
Who's Next??

Hope you have a wonderful trip!!!!

Can't wait for the trip reports!!!
Minniespal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 06:03 AM   #4
KayleeUK
Still here.....

Looking forward to the rest of your reports :D
Old 07-17-2003, 02:09 PM   #5
Tartan Tigger
I fixed my PC MYSELF!!!!!!!!
I need all the help I can get
Sends little flat people around the world
I tossed my cookies for Dixie Amos

Look foward to the rest of your reports. Hopefully they will inspire me to do mine. :D
Old 07-23-2003, 05:04 AM   #6
Mrs Dazzle
Florida-mad (well, mad full stop!)
Looking for her George Clooney doctor...
Tag Fairy's don't go on holiday (or vacation) ;-)

Plan was to have an early night, but by the time I had washed the kitchen floor yet again, and used 2 bottles of Domestos on the downstairs loo, it was almost midnight
Cath - I think Parazone works a bit better for those "long" moments away from home

Wow - you were very good getting up so early - sounds like you were frantically getting everything ready before you went, so hope the rest of your holiday gets nice and relaxing for you
Oct/Nov 83 - tour of Florida; June 99 - Orlando/Sand Key; May 00 - Orlando/St Pete Beach; May 01 - St Pete Beach; Sept/Oct 01 - (Hong Kong & Philippines); Oct 02 - Orlando/Marco Island/Keys; May 03 - (St Lucia); Oct 03 - Orlando/Marco Island; Dec 04 - Xmas skiing in a winter wonderland; Aug 05 - Ft Myers Beach/Orlando; Easter 06 - Skiing Lake Tahoe/San Fransisco; Easter 07 - Boston/Killington for another American ski adventure Oct 07 - Orlando; Aug 08 - Florida for three weeks; Apr 09 - Katie's 16th birthday treat with mum to NewYorkOct 09 - Miami & Marco Island; June 12 - Celebrate Divorce in Barbados June 13 - Orlando & Barbados with my lovely DD
Mrs Dazzle is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: