Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Technical Support > Technical Support
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2003, 07:08 PM   #1
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Reposting clipart primer

I think the other one has been archived and not accessible now.

Let's review:

A CLIPART PRIMER FROM DAN

Clipart does help you express your feelings and sometimes evoke a smile, or a tear, from the reader/viewer. I have received many requests for How to do it. So I thought I would post this on several of the boards. Hope it helps, have fun, but please remember, it is generally very confusing and therefore frustrating until you get it, but you eventually will. So here it is:

Go to a site, (this seems to be a favorite) and pick out a picture you want. http://www.ginevra2000.it/Disney/index.htm
  1. Pick a picture
  2. Right mouse click on it
  3. Go to properties
  4. Highlight address url. Right click again and select copy. Place pointer over the highlighted part and then left click on copy. Make sure to copy from the http at the beginning, all the way to the end
  5. Copy address
  6. Come back to your post
  7. Type [img]
  8. Paste the address with no space between the [img] and the http in the address
  9. Type [/img] immediately after the full url address
  10. Click submit

Steps 3, 4 and 5 are for Internet Explorer users. Netscape users accomplish the same by a single click on copy image location. Then continue with step 6.

It should show up on post

Now if that works, go to your Edit Signature in the User Cp and put exactly the same thing in the signature box..

If it is not, keep at it. That is all I can say
It will come to you, as frustrating as it may be, trust me.

PS......Any references I have in this thread that show up as a &#60, please make those four characters now a < and any reference to a &#91 please make those four characters a [. Hope that is clear. A change in the board changed the way those codes show up. So, again, a &#60 is now < and a &#91 is now a [

And another PS.........

Any references here to either < or >, forget them, they don't work. You can only use [ or ]

You might also consider saving clipart that you find to you own PC and then uploading and linking to a site of your own. You most often can right mouse click on an image and select the 'Save Target As' (or similar) option to save to your PC. Then, after setting up a hosting site of your own on the Net (many folks here use www.photobucket.com with great results), you can upload that saved image to your own site. Once there, you can link to it as above. Actually, if you use the site mentioned Photobucket, they set up all that IMG code stuff for you, making it just a simple highlight/copy/paste.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Last edited by Dan Murphy; 11-23-2006 at 07:21 AM.
Dan Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2003, 08:23 PM   #2
4nana
God Bless America, Land of the Free, Because of the Brave. Godspeed and thanks to our troops and their families for their sacrifices.

Thanx muchly!

Now that I have learned this,
is there an easy primer to resize a pix?
Blessed with 4 loving kiddos & IL's, 13 sweet grands, 50 Golden Years & Anniv. cruise....PRICELESS!!

There are two lasting bequests we can give our children & grandchildren: 'One is roots, the other is wings'.
~~~~~
Life is a journey ~ love makes the trip worthwhile

Grandchildren are God's reward for being a parent

"For He shall give the angels charge over thee, to keep thee safe in all thy ways" Psalms 91:11

For my dear Mom in heaven
4nana is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-18-2003, 07:34 PM   #3
delswife
Love ya, Mean it!

testing
delswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 07:49 PM   #4
BambiTamby

4nana.......Click here for fonts and resizing tips!
BambiTamby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 08:02 PM   #5
chelsea&austinsmom
MMMMM!!!!Sounds good
I want to hear your success stories
Can't wait to see the sun again

Thanks Dan!!!!!!!!
CS 2003
POR 2004
POR April 2005
POR November 2006
POFQ August 2011
chelsea&austinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 04:16 PM   #6
Grumbo

OK think this has it.
Just had to find someone that would let me throw a jpg up on their site.
Thanx
Cheers,
Grumbo
Grumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 02:30 PM   #7
jerzgrl
Disney Dreamer "A dream is a wish you heart makes"

Got the pics but how do you get multiple ones?

I was able to insert a picture but how do you insert multiple ones side by side?

Also, can you insert a picture under your location and title?

Thanks.
[<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'May 17, 2003 12:00:00 PM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=purple>

1st Family Trip Ever - May 03 Caribbean Beach/Wilderness Lodge
jerzgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2003, 09:51 AM   #8
lynxstch
Love that Figment!
Turkey, Clay, and my favorite all time christmas song..all on the same day..it doesn't get any better!
Learned the hard way not to store meltables in the oven

test

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 03-22-2003, 12:03 PM   #9
BibbidiBobbidiBOO
AKL is my new favorite
SO, the CB lured me in.
Disney minds think alike!
No not that Bibbidi, I'm the OTHER one

testing

BibbidiBobbidiBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2003, 12:18 PM   #10
BibbidiBobbidiBOO
AKL is my new favorite
SO, the CB lured me in.

Old 03-22-2003, 01:08 PM   #11
BibbidiBobbidiBOO
AKL is my new favorite
SO, the CB lured me in.

ok-it is me again. I put this in here and it works. I put under signature and nothing changes! The [img] appears on the first line and the rest of the address on the next 2 lines. I can't get the h to connect to the ]. Is that the problem?

DH me DS DD
Old 03-23-2003, 04:12 PM   #12
khawk
I love the USA

Unhappy help

Im trying to post a 2nd picture to my signature. The first one went good but the 2nd one is in my pictures folder on my pc. when I highlight the url....well, there is no url. there is a location and when I highlight that and copy and paste to the signature it doesnt work. What am I doing wrong? do I have to change the location of the pic? move it to some other folder on my pc? would that even make a difference?
Kim
<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'May 7, 2006 10:30:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkblue>Guestimate to my next disney trip :D </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Were off again';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>
khawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 04:18 PM   #13
khawk
I love the USA

test

test
<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'May 7, 2006 10:30:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkblue>Guestimate to my next disney trip :D </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Were off again';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>
khawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 07:00 PM   #14
happiest in Disney
Mouseketeer

test

test
Offsite July-1972,July1978,Aug1982,July1985, All-Star Music, Sept1995,Dec.-1997, Caribbean Beach Oct.-1999, Oct-2000, DVC owner Oct.-2000, Boardwalk Villas Nov.-2001, Disney Magic 7-night Dec.-2001, Boardwalk Inn June-2002and June-2003, Beach Club Villas Oct.-2003, Boardwalk Inn June-2004, Disney Magic Halloween Cruise Oct-2004,Disney VWL-Feb-2006,Disney Beach Club Villas-May 2007,Animal Kingdom Villas-April 2008, Disney Wonder 3 night- April 2008, Yacht and Beach Nov 2009, VWL and Bay lake Tower Dec 2009 and Disney Wonder Dec 2009, Disney Dream Jan 2011 pre-inaugral, Beach club villas Jan 2011.
happiest in Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 10:37 AM   #15
nkjzmom
and baby Samantha, too!
Stare not into the eyes of the elf for too long
One word for hotel rooms.....KIDSUITES!!!
I can clean a toilet, but not the bathtub :-O

test

Mom always said to share....now my brother is walking around with my kidney!!!

nkjzmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: