Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Cooking
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 620 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 03-25-2014, 11:02 AM   #3376
Trvlr66
Earning My Ears

New to this

I was wondering if there are any Disney recipes for a Spanish Chicken Stew or Spanish Chicken with Rice recipe?

Love this thread and seeing all these luscious recipes!

Trvlr66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 04:07 PM   #3377
sephorachick
DIS Veteran

If anyone is interested in the Lunching Pad Tuna Salad recipe & review look here:

http://yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blo...ng-pad-at.html

Me: Husband: Pacey Minnie Vicky Ginger

Check out my Disney blog!
www.yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.com
Today's entry is on Disney's Beignet review!

Facebook page for my Disney blog! Please "LIKE"
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Yohoyo...99050306822131
sephorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-30-2014, 01:36 PM   #3378
sephorachick
DIS Veteran

Epcot's Corn chowder recipe :

http://yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blo...pe-review.html

Me: Husband: Pacey Minnie Vicky Ginger

Check out my Disney blog!
www.yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.com
Today's entry is on Disney's Beignet review!

Facebook page for my Disney blog! Please "LIKE"
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Yohoyo...99050306822131
sephorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 06:36 PM   #3379
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

Cheese Grits from The Wave

Anyone have the recipe?
TIA!
gretchenohar@hotmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 12:26 PM   #3380
pixiemel
DIS Veteran

Chef Mickey's Brownie recipe!

I think this recipe was on the Chef Mickey's photo folder and I don't have mine anymore-does anyone have this delicious brownie recipe? Also, is there any way to get The Garden Grill recipe for the berry dessert they are serving now?
Thanks so much!

Jul 1980 Lake Buena Vista Villas, Aug 1985 LBVV
Sept 1995 CB, Sept 1996 CB, Dec 1998 CBMay 1999 Polynesian, Oct 1999 WL
Dec 2000 CB, Jun 2001 AKL, Oct 2001 Disney Inst.June 2002 AKL, Jan 2004 CS Jan 2005 AKL, June 2006 FWC, June 2008 FWC, June 2009 Disney Wonder & CBR, June 2010 Disney Wonder & BC & CR March 2011 Disney Dream, June 2011 Bay Lake Tower, June 2012 Kidani Village, June 2013 Old Key West
Me DH DD DD

pixiemel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 05:30 PM   #3381
jalmgiven
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiemel View Post
I think this recipe was on the Chef Mickey's photo folder and I don't have mine anymore-does anyone have this delicious brownie recipe? Also, is there any way to get The Garden Grill recipe for the berry dessert they are serving now?
Thanks so much!
I don't have what your looking for but I subscribe to this facebook page and they post tons of Disney recipes:

https://www.facebook.com/WaltDisneyW...ipes?ref=br_tf
jalmgiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:01 AM   #3382
BlizzardFamily
Earning My Ears

I'm looking for Angela S.

I used to be a member here under the name of GoofyMama, I'm looking for Angela S.

Please contact me, Thanks Kelly
BlizzardFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 01:04 PM   #3383
Forum Jumper
Mouseketeer

I've been BOO'ED by Pkondz!!!

Last edited by Forum Jumper; 10-17-2014 at 09:30 AM.
Forum Jumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 01:13 PM   #3384
Forum Jumper
Mouseketeer

Grilled Verlasso Salmon with Quinoa Salad and Arugula Chimichurri

Last edited by Forum Jumper; 10-17-2014 at 09:30 AM.
Old 08-07-2014, 01:14 PM   #3385
Forum Jumper
Mouseketeer

Orange Cilantro Marinated Flank Steak

Last edited by Forum Jumper; 10-17-2014 at 09:27 AM.
Old 08-07-2014, 01:15 PM   #3386
Forum Jumper
Mouseketeer

Zucchini-Carrot Cupcakes

Last edited by Forum Jumper; 10-17-2014 at 09:28 AM.
Old 08-07-2014, 01:16 PM   #3387
Forum Jumper
Mouseketeer

Grapefruit Cake

Last edited by Forum Jumper; 10-17-2014 at 09:28 AM.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:20 AM   #3388
Tropical Wilds
The Command considers us a bunch of losers. But we’re gonna do it right this time, ’cause we’re the best. If we don’t... We’ll be drummed out of the corps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalmgiven View Post
I don't have what your looking for but I subscribe to this facebook page and they post tons of Disney recipes:

https://www.facebook.com/WaltDisneyW...ipes?ref=br_tf
I am not a fan of that Facebook page... They copied and pasted an entire recipe, spelling mistake and all, along with the pictures I took onto that Facebook group. I put up a message thanking him or her for sharing it, said I was flattered, and asked if he could do a link back to the original recipe that was on my site. Not only did the owner refuse to do so, they banned me from their group, changed the recipe so that it was "close but not quite" to mine (and because I made it and they didn't, the changes they made "broke" the recipe), and put a note on the picture that they took that said they "found it with a broken link on Pinterest" and still didn't give me credit... Which wasn't true because I searched all uses of the image, all traced back to my site and even had my website name in the description... Though even if it had, the fact that it was a cut-and-paste recipe from my site, they'd have seen the picture so they knew where it came from... And even if after all that they didn't, the fact that I notified them cleared up that I was the owner...

Anyway, I asked them again via my husband's account, explaining that I went through the time and expense to make it, post it, promote it, and I wasn't saying they couldn't post it... Just I wanted a linkback. They deleted the comment, banned my husband's account, and still left the picture.

Long story short, I had to report them to Facebook for copyright violation because the picture they swiped and refused to acknowledge me as the owner for is one that's been licensed by Disney for use in their 2015 promotional materials. Only after that did they change the picture (to somebody else's picture that was on a trip report to their blog), but not the recipe. Looking through, that whole Facebook page is just cut-and-pasted recipes from Disney, bloggers, even people on here, and the owner of the group refuses to give credit and is very hostile.
11/1994 ~ CBR, 11/1996 ~ CBR, 11/1999 ~ Off-site (Grad Night!), 11/2007 ~ CBR, 9/2011 ~ ASMu, 1/2012 ~ POP, 10/2012 ~ POP, 1/2013 ~ Poly, 5/2013 ~ POP, 11/7/2013 ~ CBR Wine and Dine Half Marathon! 2/2014 ~ Poly Glass Slipper Challenge

Next trip: 11/2014 ~ Wine and Dine Half 5th Anniversary

°o°Find Me on Flickr°o°My Blog - The Disney Chef°o°
Tropical Wilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 07:40 AM   #3389
jalmgiven
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Wilds View Post
I am not a fan of that Facebook page... They copied and pasted an entire recipe, spelling mistake and all, along with the pictures I took onto that Facebook group. I put up a message thanking him or her for sharing it, said I was flattered, and asked if he could do a link back to the original recipe that was on my site. Not only did the owner refuse to do so, they banned me from their group, changed the recipe so that it was "close but not quite" to mine (and because I made it and they didn't, the changes they made "broke" the recipe), and put a note on the picture that they took that said they "found it with a broken link on Pinterest" and still didn't give me credit... Which wasn't true because I searched all uses of the image, all traced back to my site and even had my website name in the description... Though even if it had, the fact that it was a cut-and-paste recipe from my site, they'd have seen the picture so they knew where it came from... And even if after all that they didn't, the fact that I notified them cleared up that I was the owner...

Anyway, I asked them again via my husband's account, explaining that I went through the time and expense to make it, post it, promote it, and I wasn't saying they couldn't post it... Just I wanted a linkback. They deleted the comment, banned my husband's account, and still left the picture.

Long story short, I had to report them to Facebook for copyright violation because the picture they swiped and refused to acknowledge me as the owner for is one that's been licensed by Disney for use in their 2015 promotional materials. Only after that did they change the picture (to somebody else's picture that was on a trip report to their blog), but not the recipe. Looking through, that whole Facebook page is just cut-and-pasted recipes from Disney, bloggers, even people on here, and the owner of the group refuses to give credit and is very hostile.
Thanks for the info. I can't believe they wouldn't give you credit for their posts. Some people have no morals. I no longer like their page and followed yours instead. Already drooling over Minnie's Bakeshop Cookies - Raspberry White Chocolate Recipe!
jalmgiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 09:41 AM   #3390
Tropical Wilds
The Command considers us a bunch of losers. But we’re gonna do it right this time, ’cause we’re the best. If we don’t... We’ll be drummed out of the corps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalmgiven View Post
Thanks for the info. I can't believe they wouldn't give you credit for their posts. Some people have no morals. I no longer like their page and followed yours instead. Already drooling over Minnie's Bakeshop Cookies - Raspberry White Chocolate Recipe!
Aw, thanks... You don't have to unlike them and like me unless you want to, just be cautious that what they post may be lifted from others. Looking through, I see 4 recipes that were ones I posted, which is fine, but they use pictures that are clearly mine which is somewhat irksome since the owner refuses to give credit.

I honestly am not talking down them and trying to promote me... The world of Disney recipe sharing is both very small in that there's only a few of us, but very large in that there's lots of interest. I don't mind sharing, I don't even mind the cut-and-paste or the use of pictures. Anybody, that person included, could have done exactly that and just slapped a "courtesy of so-and-so" and even skipped a link, it would have been fine. I, and most people, have a very communal attitude of what's yours is mine and what's mine is yours with proper credit both ways, and I think that's what makes the Disney fan community so unique and friendly. None of us, myself are included, are typically "that's mine, that's mine" and demanding stuff be removed. In truth, this was the first time I'd ever approached anybody for using my pictures... But I kind of had to this time (see below).

With the influx of cut-and-paste websites and groups popping up, I think some people need to realize though, people like me use our pictures and articles to generate income... And while yes this person lifted other pictures and I'm not going to make an issue, the picture that was lifted that I did say "please linkback" is one that I sold to Disney... Part of the licensing agreement is that I can use it on my work and they can use it on theirs. By this person lifting it off my site (shame on me for not watermarking), they are potentially impacting my ability to create future deals with Disney for my photographs and work, especially if they're engaging in questionable practices like this site is. Last thing I need is for Disney to think I broke our agreement or that I'm affiliated with a site that's lifting other people's work.

Considering I put the time, effort, and money into creating and photographing what I write about to build my site, build my brand, and continue to endear myself to Disney, to lose that relationship I have with them because somebody wants to cut-and-paste my work with no credit and minimal effort to their Facebook. Is driving traffic to your site worth ruining the potential income of the person you swiped what you swiped from?

Anyway, off my soapbox. I'm ranting to folks who are internet savvy and Disney fans, and I don't have a lot of people in that arena to vent to IRL. I'd been sitting on that rant for a few days.

Back to the topic... Thanks for the compliment! Those cookies were so delicious and Selma's Cookies just shared with me the recipe for one of their chocolate chip cookies that are in-park as well. I'm dying to make them, but I don't have the freezer space... And I'm trying to diet before I hit the Wine and Dine half... Cookies do not help diets. LoL!

I just did the candied strawberries from China... OMG those were so good.
11/1994 ~ CBR, 11/1996 ~ CBR, 11/1999 ~ Off-site (Grad Night!), 11/2007 ~ CBR, 9/2011 ~ ASMu, 1/2012 ~ POP, 10/2012 ~ POP, 1/2013 ~ Poly, 5/2013 ~ POP, 11/7/2013 ~ CBR Wine and Dine Half Marathon! 2/2014 ~ Poly Glass Slipper Challenge

Next trip: 11/2014 ~ Wine and Dine Half 5th Anniversary

°o°Find Me on Flickr°o°My Blog - The Disney Chef°o°
Tropical Wilds is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: